Portable table suitable for mobile

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxJackiexx

Reaction score
Hello :D I'm doing all my shopping this week to kit myself out ready for when I'm ready to take the plunge and go mobile.
I'm looking at portable manicure tables but some seem very large and heavy , Ive seen a few people mention things like camping tables,fold up tv tables etc .
Ive seen this fold away table Coleman Packaway Table for 2

I've seen this which isn't as wide .http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3400298/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CSports+and+leisure%7C14419152/c_2/2%7C14419152%7CCamping%7C14419397/c_3/3%7Ccat_14419397%7CCamping+chairs+and+tables%7C14419418.htm

Does this look ok or would you be horrified if someone turned up at your home with any of these? x

Last edited:
Some of these light-weight tables for camping etc just seem to rock around too much when you are buffing and they are not as sturdy as the heavier manicure-type tables but you get what you pay for. I know I wouldn't be interested in mobile business myself simply because of the lugging ... hats off to your girls that do it.

Personally I'd get a proper mobile manicure table I did for the simple fact it looks more professional and it's very sturdy, it is a little on the heavy side. People always comment on how cute and professional it is. But everyone's different for the price ur looking at the colemans one
For u can buy a proper one for a little bit more and get folding stools for £5 each got mine from Argos and
I was worried but they were going to break but they've been very reliable!! Hths x

Thanks ladies,its not the price or the weight that bothers me too much its the size and if the client would have room. Those of you with proper portible manicure tables what sort of length are they? I've been looking all morning and only found huge ones lol tbh I'm not sure of the best place to look x

Thanks ladies,its not the price or the weight that bothers me too much its the size and if the client would have room. Those of you with proper portible manicure tables what sort of length are they? I've been looking all morning and only found huge ones lol tbh I'm not sure of the best place to look x

This is the one I've got luckily I got it 2nd hand off one of the lovely geeks on here not had a problem with it being to big at all, am sure ive seen them cheaper then this too!

http://www.essentialnails.com/product/62/imp_table/eng/portable-manicure-table.html

Thankyou , do you find that easy to get from on place to another without putting your back out ?
Id like something that has some sort of carrying bag too or handles......I'm not too fussy honest lol

Have a look on ebay there are a few on there and they also come with a bag to put it in with carry handles

Kayline makes a beautiful portable mani table. Very portable and folds up nicely. HTH! :)

Have a look on ebay there are a few on there and they also come with a bag to put it in with carry handles

Ive found a great one on Ebay with a carry case, sadly its collection only from Leeds- Im about to message the seller and ask if they can arrange courier if I pay the extra .

I got 2 small tables from Dunelms £7.99 each - I have one in front of me and the client and one beside me to keep all my products on. I am just starting out so got them as a cheap option for the time being as spent a small fortune on the rest of my kit so was trying to save some a bit but I think I will stick with them as they do the job perfectly!
Buy Rubberwood TV Table Online | Tables | Dunelm Mill

I've seen a few mention similar tables, I'm not sure that one of those would remain standing with my giant white minx lamp clamped on though .

Oh haha yeah probably not!x

I got 2 small tables from Dunelms £7.99 each - I have one in front of me and the client and one beside me to keep all my products on. I am just starting out so got them as a cheap option for the time being as spent a small fortune on the rest of my kit so was trying to save some a bit but I think I will stick with them as they do the job perfectly!

Was about to reply to this when u beat me to it lol. I was gonna say i also have the same tv stand from dunelm. Perfect for me, although i dont have the minx lamp to go on as well :biggrin:

I really like this table! I think I'm going to buy 2 as well as the price is fab plus I don't think I'll be doing many manicures so this is ideal.

What chairs do you use with the table?

Thank you :)

Last edited:
^ Can someone please recommend a chair with these tables please.

After 4 years of being mobile I've always found the best solution to the table issue is to ask to use their ironing board, everyone has one, you are able to sit directly opposite so good for your posture and it is one less thing you need to carry! Most people have dining/kitchen chairs and on the rare occasions they don't i just have to make the most of their sofa! (although that doesnt happen often)

Hope that helps! xxx

I already had some foldaway chairs so I use them, they don't match but who cares! I just put a towel over the table and then some couch roll and no-one would know! I'm so glad I bought these tables and didn't spend loads on a manicure table. I did see some foldaway chairs in asda but I can't remember the price.x

hi hun

i bought my folding table from Robert dyas. Is great size, it is a bit wider than a manicure table but i don't find it problem and neither do my clients. Its sturdy comes in one piece with a carry handle and all i have to do to set up is pull the legs out from underneath. Cost about twenty five with delivery. It holds my big white minx lamp absolutely fine and enough room to fit everything on, though i work out of my bucket bag now which is fab. I bought a separate black wipe over wrist rest and away i go. You'd never know it was a camping table to be honest and I've had good comments about it. When I'm finished easily wiped over with mundo, do this at the start as well, and i just fold the legs back in. Fits easily in the car big or small. Sorry can't post link not on computer at mo will try and find it later. X x x

http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/P~148983~Gelert-Single-Folding-Camping-Table

Is soooo much sturdier than it looks Hth x x x

you can fit into small spaces with this too! Had a couple of appointments like this!
I worried a while ago that it wouldn't look professional, being a camping table and all, but haven't looked back. Its also light weight to carry which is a bonus! X

Last edited:
Hi there. As already mentioned some of the camping tables are just not sturdy enough. I got a bean shape mani table of eBay for £45 and it's brilliant. It's not too heavy and I find it just the right size and it looks professional. Hth xx

Latest posts

Back