Problems with Orly polish!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace

Reaction score
is there anyone else out there that finds orly polish rubbish? have beebn using opi for years....great...but fancied a change and tried orly and needed like 3 coats minimum to make it not streaky due to the thin/runny consistancey......i used "charged up" which is like a matt purple...i have about 12 orly polishes and nearly all of them seem this way....brought them off ebay so starting to wonder if they'd been watered down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like them, never had a problem especially love the minis but then i do buy mine from a professional beauty outlet.

is there anyone else out there that finds orly polish rubbish? have beebn using opi for years....great...but fancied a change and tried orly and needed like 3 coats minimum to make it not streaky due to the thin/runny consistancey......i used "charged up" which is like a matt purple...i have about 12 orly polishes and nearly all of them seem this way....brought them off ebay so starting to wonder if they'd been watered down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
any thoughts?

Probably.... if you bought them from ebay hun.....it could be anything tbh....
Orly is fab..of that I have NEVER had any doubts.

I've used Orly polishes and didn't find them too thin or runny, I used 2 coats of colour which is the same as I do for other brands. Sorry can't be more helpful but I don't have that particular colour.

Any 'so called' professional who buys products off ebay for salon use frankly deserves what they get.

To come on a professional site and 'rubbish' a well respected product when you have bought it off ebay is outrageous.

JMHO

GGGGgggrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Nuff said!!

cut the girl some slack!! shes new i made lots of mistakes saying things i shouldnt when i first joined here.
let me try and say something constructive to help you not make the same mistake again.
The trouble with e-bay is you can never be sure there 100% genuine so just let it be a lessen learned NEVER buy off e-bay. if you were using O.P.I before Orly is cheaper so theres no reason you cant buy from your wholesaler , i would suggest in future if you want to try a new product just buy a smple pack or one varnish to try it out! ive got some Orly the pinks always seem abit streaky but not found it with any other colour x:lol:

cut the girl some slack!! shes new i made lots of mistakes saying things i shouldnt when i first joined here.
let me try and say something constructive to help you not make the same mistake again.
The trouble with e-bay is you can never be sure there 100% genuine so just let it be a lessen learned NEVER buy off e-bay. if you were using O.P.I before Orly is cheaper so theres no reason you cant buy from your wholesaler , i would suggest in future if you want to try a new product just buy a smple pack or one varnish to try it out! ive got some Orly the pinks always seem abit streaky but not found it with any other colour x:lol:

She may be new here but not to the industry ? She said she has been using OPI for years although as her profile is not filled in this could be more use as a consumer not a professional.

The fact is if you are going to buy them from ebay you have no right to effectively judge the product, could be old stock, possibly used, stored in wrong conditions etc etc.

I do personally prefer OPI to Orly but I do not think Orly is rubbish at all.

I'm not cutting any slack.

Why do people not use the brains they were born with? Why do people not apply the same standards to themselves they expect others to have?

Would anyone go to a professional hairdresser and expect them to be using`products they bought from ebay? NO!!

Maybe that is just one of the many reasons hairdressers are regarded as professionals and one of the reasons that nail technicians have a reputation among the general public which is far from professional.

Do we all think we could be hairdressers?? Why does every tom **** and harry think they can be nail professionals? It's no wonder the nail industry is not regarded highly is it when people operate from sources such as ebay and a two day training course? :rolleyes:

Well said Gigi x

I love Orly, I used them when I started and think they are Fab! I retail the polishes in my salon and love the brush in the white. I have never had the problems you have encountered I just found CND to be the longest lasting enamel I've ever used but like I said I retail the polishes and some of the other aftercare products.

Cut some slack?............the only slack is a professional using e-bay products on clients.
Sorry, I'm with Gigi on this. Harsh, but fair.
I have worked very hard to get where I am in the year I have been at the salon I rent space. I have worked hard at the courses to become a professional. I have never used e-bay to purchase my products for the salon.
As I said GGGggggrrrrrrr

So isnt it best to educate the uneducated than to just put them down and speak to them like a piece of s**t?
When someone does something wrong or isnt going in the right direction help em out dont slam them down its not very nice now is it.
Help her to become a better nail tech by explaining what it is shes doing wrong.
Anyway no one ever agrees with me!! teehee xx

So isnt it best to educate the uneducated than to just put them down and speak to them like a piece of s**t?
When someone does something wrong or isnt going in the right direction help em out dont slam them down its not very nice now is it.
Help her to become a better nail tech by explaining what it is shes doing wrong.

From her posts it looks like she has been in the industry for some time (apologies if I have got it wrong) so no exscuse really.

Surely it is common sense that you wouldn't buy professional products off ebay ? I wouldn't expect ANY professional to buy their stock from ebay whether it be your hairdresser, mechanic or butcher !

Of course it is but some people dont have any do they!!:hug: (No offence)Just tell her no need to be off hand i dont think,but thats just meeeeeeee.xx:)

I absolutely agree. Not every seller on eBay is selling knock off products. I had some verrrr expensive perfume bought for me which I didn't like so I sold it on eBay. There ARE some genuine people out there!

I agree, on a personal level, e-bay has it's place. But not, IMHO, on a professional level.
What if it wasn't 100%, what if someone had a really bad reaction, what about your insurance?
I wasn't rude or agressive in my reply....I just GGgggggRRrrrrrr'd

Well that's not true - I am agreeing with you BUT, I don't think anyone was talking to her like 'a piece of s**t' - that wasn't called for! But what you say is correct - we are here to educate not judge... but it can be verrrrry difficult when 'so called professionals' do things that lead our industry to be 'un-professional'... but the point you make is the right point overall! :idea:

Ok not like a piece of s**t but off hand. x I also agree e-bay should not be used on a professional basis but thats all we need say to her and explain why.

Latest posts

Back