Professional Beauty - North - Comps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban Geek

Mobile Nail technician
Reaction score
Good luck to all those entering the comps. I am doing sculpts on Sunday and tip & overlay on Monday and may submit a photographic entry.

Looking forward to catching up with my Geeky firends xxx:hug:

Good Luck..

Im doing Tip and Overlay and Pedicure on Sunday... were staying over sunday night at the Lowery hotel, so gonna have a girly weekend.

Bit concerned got my comp info through and it says I need a different model in the afternoon! I only have 1 model she is having tip and overlay in morning and pedicure later. I hope I can still enter pedicure I had no other available model, plus been pre treating my clients feet to monthly pedicures for 6 months! It did not mention this on entry forms so I am going to phone and explain tomorrow. Hopefully my model can be one of the first to be judged then I can still do pedicure! Anyone else ever experienced this problem?

Good Luck..

Im doing Tip and Overlay and Pedicure on Sunday... were staying over sunday night at the Lowery hotel, so gonna have a girly weekend.

Bit concerned got my comp info through and it says I need a different model in the afternoon! I only have 1 model she is having tip and overlay in morning and pedicure later. I hope I can still enter pedicure I had no other available model, plus been pre treating my clients feet to monthly pedicures for 6 months! It did not mention this on entry forms so I am going to phone and explain tomorrow. Hopefully my model can be one of the first to be judged then I can still do pedicure! Anyone else ever experienced this problem?

Hopefully, because it is not another comp for the hands, you'll be ok. I am sure Rachel (aka Chocolate) will log on soon with the Dublin results so hopefully she'll be able to clarify for you.

Good luck!

You cant be doing the tip and overlay on the Monday Christine, Monday is for the novices
Sunday morning is for the experienced tech tip and overlay
please tell me i have this right or i have a model on the wrong day lol :hug:

Good luck to all those entering the comps. I am doing sculpts on Sunday and tip & overlay on Monday and may submit a photographic entry.

Looking forward to catching up with my Geeky firends xxx:hug:

You know we'll be there giving you geeky support and hugs on Sunday hunny! xx

Thanks christine...... I hope its going to be ok. Has any one else ever entered pedicure. I thought it would be different. I always do well in comps but never well enough - so close but so far away!!!

You cant be doing the tip and overlay on the Monday Christine, Monday is for the novices
Sunday morning is for the experienced tech tip and overlay
please tell me i have this right or i have a model on the wrong day lol :hug:

Ooops! Yes, tip & overlay on the Sunday and Sculpt on the Monday.

Lucky you posted hun, otherwise I would have went along with my sculpting forms and no tips lol! x

Ooops! Yes, tip & overlay on the Sunday and Sculpt on the Monday.

Lucky you posted hun, otherwise I would have went along with my sculpting forms and no tips lol! x
Happy to help hun, you had me worried for a bit there :hug:

You know we'll be there giving you geeky support and hugs on Sunday hunny! xx

Oh it really is a joy to see you and Theresa after the ordeal of comps. Make sure you know where the bar is lol! xx:)

Last edited:
Just would like to say good luck to all on both days.

And remember it is the taking part that counts...... Winning is a Plus.

Love ya all:hug:

Good luck to all those who are competing this weekend at Manchester.

Just to let you know that Sunday morning cats are now closed so unless you have pre-registered, please do not just turn up on the day. Thank you!

I am really excited to be going to the show as it will be my first one and in particular getting a feel for the atmosphere at the competitions.

Good luck to everyone who is competing and I will have my fingers crossed for all of you!!! :green:

If you see some weirdo woman on her own gawping at you whileyou're working just tell her to get lost and get a life... it'll probably be me :lol:

Good luck everyone ... go get 'em! :hug: xx

All the very best of luck to all entering the competitions - go get em girls :)

I see a lot of you will be entering Sunday. I will be there but as a model for fellow geek Cec, all I know is that she doing sculpts. Never done anything like this before, and am really looking forward to it, and perhaps meeting some of you geeks!

I see a lot of you will be entering Sunday. I will be there but as a model for fellow geek Cec, all I know is that she doing sculpts. Never done anything like this before, and am really looking forward to it, and perhaps meeting some of you geeks!

Remember a model's responsibilities and keep Cec nice and calm .. support her in every way you can. She is really brave coming over to the UK on her own to do this I think. Have you met her before?

Hi Hannah,

No, I am not doing sculpts, but tip and overlay. Haha, it doesn't matter if you didn't know as long as you'll be there! :-D

I am off to Manchester tomorrow, very early... The flight is leaving Bergen at 06.00 and I have to get up at 03.00!!!! I am glad I don't have troubles with sleeping at planes. In fact, I always sleep very well!

I am looking forward to seeing all of you. I will be staying at Radisson Edwardian opposite Gmex. I am very glad it's close so I can rest my feet in between! :-D

Hannah, I will send you an e-mail in the evening. Just have to say it, in case I forget, you have to eat a good meal before the comp. starts because you are not allowed to eat before after the judging is over. You also need comfortable shoes/clothes. No rings or jewelery, except from your wedding ring. If you'll come early we can eat breakfast together at my hotel. (On me of course...:)) Then we also can do a short briefing before the comp. starts. I will provide you with softdrinks during the comp. Just tell me what you want to drink and I will buy it tomorrow. Ups... I don't think I need to send you an e-mail. I think I have written everything here...:)

:hug: C.

Remember a model's responsibilities and keep Cec nice and calm .. support her in every way you can. She is really brave coming over to the UK on her own to do this I think. Have you met her before?

:hug: I will be missing you, but promise to do my very best. I did some comp. training today at myself. If I can do the same, at all 10, at my model, at Sunday, I will be very happy! :-D So far it's the best competition-nail I've ever done. A pity I didn't have a camera...

BUT with that said. I really don't care what place I get. I have realised I do it for fun and that's why I am not nervous either for the competition or the price-ceremony. I also do it to get the experience and to get together with other great techs. Whether I get the last place or the next last, i will get a "kick" from it, and that's what I am seeking, the kick, the energy and the feeling of being part of a great community. Maybe I am not taking it as seriously as I should, but if I did, I wouldn't cope and I would be dead nervous. Did that make sense?

:hug:C.

:hug: I will be missing you, but promise to do my very best. I did some comp. training today at myself. If I can do the same, at all 10, at my model, at Sunday, I will be very happy! :-D So far it's the best competition-nail I've ever done. A pity I didn't have a camera...

BUT with that said. I really don't care what place I get. I have realised I do it for fun and that's why I am not nervous either for the competition or the price-ceremony. I also do it to get the experience and to get together with other great techs. Whether I get the last place or the next last, i will get a "kick" from it, and that's what I am seeking, the kick, the energy and the feeling of being part of a great community. Maybe I am not taking it as seriously as I should, but if I did, I wouldn't cope and I would be dead nervous. Did that make sense? :hug:C.

All the best Luck to you, but you don't need luck because you have what it takes. I wish I could be there to cheer you on, but I will be thinking of you and sending you positive energy and much love. :hug:

Latest posts

Back