re-arranging clients when yr ill.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bling nails

Reaction score
hi geeks,
im poorly. :cry: :cry: :cry: :sad: :sad: been ill since monday, throat feels like ive swallowed razor blade, chest infection, head feels like a lead ball, ache all over, high temp, sickness.....i hate being ill.:Scared: Arrrrrhhh.
im not one for sympathy, just want to get better and return to work. now my daughter charlotte has the same symtons, came home yesterday early from work, couldn't carry on with clients.

last night i had to call clients to cancell for the rest of week for me & charlotte. now you can hear when i speak, how ill i sound over the phone, and some clients are very understanding, will wait till i get back to work and i will call them to re-book. no probs!!
some clients will demand another app before the week is up thinking i will be better by weekend, the trouble is i was fully booked already, they know i have at least a 3 week waiting list for app's, it just amazes me how some folk can try to make you feel guilty by saying they will go else where and to cancell all future app's...:eek: , they dont mean it, i know, but why say it?!!. i even get, ''its my birthday friday, couldn't you just come in to do me?!!!:grr: :rolleyes:
but when they are ill, or something crops up last minuet and they cannot turn up, its ok with me and i dont have a 'strop' about it. some times i feel they think i run on batteries and i shouldn't ever get ill. im human, have feeling, and breath air, not rely on duracell to function....Poleeeease!!

sorry to rant, just had to get that off my chest....

Its a difficult situation, I was ill a couple of months ago and luckily my client was really understanding when i cancelled on her but i gave her loads of free samples when i got better and she was really impressed.

Hope you get better soon :hug: xx

Back in February, I got a phone call from the hospital to say my dad was dying and to get up there so I left a couple of phone numbers of clients for for my bf to phone and cancel. He phoned one lady up and she was very rude on the phone to him demanding when I would be back to work and how she had had the appt booked for weeks.
I wanted to phone her the next day but my bf stopped me because he knew I would go mad, some people think the world revolves around them.
Most clients understand if you are ill etc. it just means you have to work extra hours when you feel better to catch up with it all.
Hope you feel better soon.

All you can do is your best (and your best to get well) it's never easy to move clients around, funny thing though, when they are sick they don't bat an eyelid making an excuse to not get their nails done. All of a sudden when you are sick it's the end of the "Nail World" as we know it.
Get plenty of rest, take the phone off the hook (or leave a message bank) recharge yourself, then go get em ..........
GUILT FREE !!!!!

I know how you feel as I have had to cancel an appointment for today. I called her, she is really lovely and asked if I could rearrange to either Saturday or Monday - she is going to Poland on Saturday and has lost one nail this morning.

I have given her a late appointment tomorrow night - fingers crossed I will be fit.

I hate being ill and having to let people down - she was concerned that I would not be better tomorrow but I feel bad enough cancelling one days appointments without having to cancel tomorrow as well LOL.

I hope you feel better soon. Big hugs:hug:

this is the problem, you never know when your going to be better, falling ill on monday, i thought id be better by thurs (tomorrow), i have clients still booked for tomorrow, these ones i couldn't get hold of, but left messages and they havent returned them, but, if im not any better by tonight, i won't be going in & Guilt free, nail zoo!! :hug:
i just feel sorry for my staff who are in salon working, and having to explain to these clients im ill, they get the brunt end of it.

Ah! Chin up Cheryl. You sound like a really caring person, take a litlle time to care for yourself too. These things are sent to try us.

I wish I had a magic remedy for you!:hug:

I know just how you feel cos i had the same thing a couple of weeks ago...i didn't cancel the appointments and carried on working cos i had no where to re-book them for the near future...most had already gone 3 weeks and to expect them to go another how many weeks was just a no go.

I was having to leave them every few minutes to go blow my nose...stopping to cough, going hot and cold...it was horrid. I just didn't see what else i could do.

I am booked up now till after xmas...what was i supposed to do..have them wait till then...they couldn't have.

Now i dread getting ill...its not so bad in the day...i can play with appointments a bit more, evenings is very different..i have no room for moving clients around and thats when they all want to come cos they work in the day.

It would have been lovely for just one to have said.."angie you are clearly not well...i will go home and try to finish work early one day to come another time"......but then its never a perfect world is it.....lol

I am sorry i cant help you more..if i had any suggestions i would have done them myself..lol...the only thing i did was to dose myself up and rest as much as possible during the day to try and get through the evenings. But i can sympathise with how your feeling...get well soon. xxx

When you're ill, take the time you need to feel better.

Yes, we are in the business of customer service HOWEVER in any job, there are 'sick days', and you're just as entitled to a sick day as anyone else is.
And you need to take care of yourself since no one is going to do it for you.

As already stated, many don't bat an eye when they're ill. And they certainly don't feel guilty when they bring their sicky germs to your work place and expose you to them either.
Then there's the ones that don't even show and figure cause their sick, they don't have to call and cancel with enough notice :rolleyes:

Don't feel guilty! Take care of yourself.

I had a severe migraine 2wks ago. Blind in one eye, talking to Ralph on the big white telephone if you get my drift.....
Many times I've worked through a migraine... but couldn't this time.
All my clients understood except one....
I haven't heard back from her despite having left two messages.
I figure, it's her loss. Anyone that uncaring I can do without.
Especially since she's one of those that likes to cancel same day but expects to be rescheduled on the particular day that she wants and if it's not available, gets snotty with me:rolleyes:

chin up tootsie, and hope you feel better soon!
:hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope you feel better soon:hug: Clients always seem to have a nack of making you feel guilty when you have to cancel, but these things happen! They wouldnt think twice about it if it was they that were poorley!:mad:

get well soon matey:hug:

Oh Cheryl people are so strange aren't they. Mine move their appointments all the time, or cancel at short notice and think it's okay. But when it's the otheer way round some have no sympathy at all. I just say to them that not only can I not get out of bed, but that they would not want this bug either. It's not like you are cancelling a life saving operation is it?! :green:

Get well soon hun, snuggle up in bed and get bored senseless with daytime tv! :hug:

I was going to ask how everyone else coped when they have sick days, because it is the one thing I dread.

The amount of times I have gone to work ILL and its not about the loss of money, its the week I recover that the worst, cos your backlogged with clients.

I hate it. No-one cares about me when I am ill (boo-hoo) as long as their nails are done they dont even care about risking catching a cold/flu themselves.

hi geeks,
im poorly. been ill since monday, throat feels like ive swallowed razor blade, chest infection, head feels like a lead ball, ache all over, high temp, sickness.....i hate being ill.:Scared: Arrrrrhhh.
im not one for sympathy, just want to get better and return to work. now my daughter charlotte has the same symtons, came home yesterday early from work, couldn't carry on with clients.

last night i had to call clients to cancell for the rest of week for me & charlotte. now you can hear when i speak, how ill i sound over the phone, and some clients are very understanding, will wait till i get back to work and i will call them to re-book. no probs!!
some clients will demand another app before the week is up thinking i will be better by weekend, the trouble is i was fully booked already, they know i have at least a 3 week waiting list for app's, it just amazes me how some folk can try to make you feel guilty by saying they will go else where and to cancell all future app's...:eek: , they dont mean it, i know, but why say it?!!. i even get, ''its my birthday friday, couldn't you just come in to do me?!!!:grr: :rolleyes:
but when they are ill, or something crops up last minuet and they cannot turn up, its ok with me and i dont have a 'strop' about it. some times i feel they think i run on batteries and i shouldn't ever get ill. im human, have feeling, and breath air, not rely on duracell to function....Poleeeease!!

sorry to rant, just had to get that off my chest....

How dare you be ill, you are there to serve anybody would think you had human rights.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Get back into your corner slave:green::green::green:

Sorry I am better now - get well soon:hug::hug::hug::hug:

I hope you are feeling better soon Cheryl.. get plenty of rest. :hug:

People can be funny tho can't they.. I was booked in for some electrolysis a few weeks ago on Friday afternoon and when I got there for my appointment the therapist looked gastly. It turned out she was pregnant and was feeling quite unwell. I suggested that we leave the appointment for that day and she welcomed my suggestion and re-booked me for the following Friday.
The following Wednesday I realised that I couldnt make the Friday and phoned to re-arrange again. The owner answered and said.. 'perhaps we shouldnt arrange for you to come in on a Friday as it is obviously not a good day as this is the 2nd time you have cancelled'! Huh! the other therapist had put me down as a cancellation (cheeky B!) Then to top it off.. when I turned up for my appointment the following Wednesday I had been double booked .. so I said forget it.. it wasnt to be .. I would stay hairy lol!!!

:eek:

ahhh, thanks geeks for your kind & funny replies.:hug: :hug: ....i think in this matter, you just have to laugh it off and think about ourselves getting better.
im feeling better but not 100%, will do in morning after a good nites sleep,& i will be going into work tomorrow, i only have a runny nose and sore throat, that i can put up with. (just like having a bad cold), i'll just keep my mouth shut, not breath all over them. :lol: AND if any one of them mentions me breathing on them when they've moaned about nearly cancelling their app, i'll...........:smack: :!: :eek: :lol:

How dare you be ill, you are there to serve anybody would think you had human rights.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Get back into your corner slave:green::green::green:

Sorry I am better now - get well soon:hug::hug::hug::hug:
:lol: :lol: :lol: glad your not my boss!!!:hug:

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Isnt it funny - that the clients think it is OK for them to cancel (or even NOT turn up) but not when you need to cancel.

There's nowt funnier than folk!

Hi Cheryl

Just wondered if you were taking anything - as can recommend you to take echinacea in the liquid form. You can get this from Holland and Barratt and just add a few drops to water and drink in one (it tells you the exact amount on the bottle!) It is good for coughs and colds and helps the immune system to heal quicker and fight off infections etc. I tend to find when i take it the colds dont last half as long! It may be worth a try!

Hope you feel better soon! xx

Latest posts

Back