Rebalance gone wrong

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tipsbygm

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to replace my smile lines without shadowing?
I've had a few small niggles but not as bad as this.
I read the tutorials and threads on here last night and tried really hard on this today and it got worse!

Many Thanks
Sarah

http://www.salongeek.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=7773

Perhaps when you apply the white to Zone 1, use a drier bead. Hope that helps x

i know you need to keep the white thin but do you think thats its possible that you applied it to thinly? just an idea.good luck and other than that your nails looked fab by the way.:)

make sure you remove enough product where you are going to replace your white
if you dont remove enough, when you put the bead on , it will be too thick so then you end up filing most of it away

and agree with chris definately a drier bead
hth

Thanks guys. I was trying to use a drier bead as I read that on the tutorial I guess it was not dry enough. I think I do need to file more product off before I reapply white.
I am now going to get my nail trainer and practice a drier bead. x

Last edited:
hi i read that if there is shadowing it is caused by pink under the white. i don't know if this is right enough but if i file right through to the natural nail and use a dry bead its ok
hth x

Could it be possible you may not be de-bulking the enhancement enough prior to your application of fresh white? Also, as suggested you may want to check your mix ratio and if you are using more than one bead to create your new smile line that can also cause "shadowing" because the mix ratio is not exactly the same for each bead. You should try to create your new smile with one bead. Practice the "going...going ...gone method when you first place your bead to check your mix ratio. I have just started mentoring another tech and mix ratios seem to be the most common problem among people I have worked with in the past and with fellow attendees at CND classes. It seems we talked about this at a previous class I attended but I cannot seem to find anything about it in my notes.

Mastiffmom
CND Grand Master

If you are using white tips then doing a rebalance there is a strong posibility that the colour white powder is a different shade to the white tip.

Debulk as much as possible, rebalance the smile back to where it should be and then make sure you cover the whole of what was the white tip.

By doing this you should have only the new white powder showing and not half white tip and half new product.

You should find that you have no shadowing then.
Good luck chick :hug:

It was white powder i used not white tips. I tried again last night debulked a lot more and tried a drier bead it was slightly better but i could still see a shadow and i couldnt get the shape right cos i was starting to file off new smile line aaarrghhh.
Its so frustrating.

I always found that the shadowing was caused by not removing enough of the old pink....as soon as you do this, take it right back almost to the wood, you'll see the difference straight away.

Thanks i think i need to remove more product before i reapply smile lines thank you for all your help i will have another go when my Mum can find time for me to sit and file it all off again .x

Latest posts

Back