Rockstar toes! Post your pics too

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first rockstar and twinkle toes hopefully you can see them clearly
I'm a pink girl !!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313697088.636563.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313697088.636563.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 609
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313697100.394900.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313697100.394900.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 493
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313697110.040061.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313697110.040061.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 536
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313697123.688203.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313697123.688203.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 456
My first rockstar and twinkle toes hopefully you can see them clearly
I'm a pink girl !!!

Looooooooooooooove the pink finger nails! LOVE!

Oh girls you are all making me jealous, I have to try these over the weekend.

My first rockstar toes
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313731045.996996.jpg

I did the rub in method last night on my client using a Brown Martha Stewart glitter and I was so disappointed in the finish I wish I had put fedora under it instead of clearly pink. It looked patchy. I've always just used clearly pink for both methods. :(

I did the rub in method last night on my client using a Brown Martha Stewart glitter and I was so disappointed in the finish I wish I had put fedora under it instead of clearly pink. It looked patchy. I've always just used clearly pink for both methods. :(

I think the rub in method creates a foily look rather than glittery. I sprinkle it on uncured, remove excess an cure and its pure glitter finish. X

This was my first Rockstar... or "Twinkle Toes" on a client. It is Strawberry Smoothie Shellac. I agree with the above poster that said the scrub method just kind of looks shimmery, rather than full-on glitter! Sprinkle on uncured Shellac for mucho glitter effect. But, she just kind of wanted a little glitter effect... not so much "flashy" Haha. :)

Attachments

• Lissa.jpg
    Lissa.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2,222
I think the rub in method creates a foily look rather than glittery. I sprinkle it on uncured, remove excess an cure and its pure glitter finish. X

I think i will always stick to the sprinkle on uncured method unless im doing an effect over a colour of shellac rather than full on glitter. I hope i havent put her off shes been a regular shellac client. Mind you she had only seen the rockstar once on my mum and that was the foil effect with the iridescent martha stewerts which coincidently went really nice.

I dab on the glitter to the cured colour with an old gel brush less waste of glitter I thought, havnt tried sprinkling though as my pots are little with no sprinkler on top! Am loving the effect !

I use Martha Stewart as so fine and perfect for the job! Hers is a link to a uk site for the set and even better its on offer!

Martha Stewart Glitter Pack | Future Publishing's Official Store

Hi Lucie

All the pics look great :) I've been trying to find the best place to purchase the Martha Stewart Glitter sets and I see that Amazon do them but I can't seem to find it through the link you posted. I'm probably looking in totally the wrong place as it says 'magazine subscriptions!?' Do you have to get it through a particular craft magazine?

Thank you

Missmel

Hi Lucie

All the pics look great :) I've been trying to find the best place to purchase the Martha Stewart Glitter sets and I see that Amazon do them but I can't seem to find it through the link you posted. I'm probably looking in totally the wrong place as it says 'magazine subscriptions!?' Do you have to get it through a particular craft magazine?

Thank you

Missmel

I believe the offer finished as when i 1st clicked on this link i could see the glitters and typical when i went back to purchase them it had gone.

Thanx *aan* Yep I thought that might have been the case. They have probably had a massive surge in sales due to the salon geeks recommendations! It's a shame but there must be other places that sell them :)

This is my first go at glitter fade. I used beau shellac as my base, cuz I wanted the growth line to blend a bit at the cuticle. x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313779406.739797.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313779406.739797.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,107
This is my first go at glitter fade. I used beau shellac as my base, cuz I wanted the growth line to blend a bit at the cuticle. x

Love those! x

Next time I've got some other ideas involving shaping the glitter instead of fading it. Can't wait to try it out. :D

Next time I've got some other ideas involving shaping the glitter instead of fading it. Can't wait to try it out. :D

They're lovely ! How did you apply the fade?

Don't know how to explain it... I applied the glitter to the cured shellac, and just started with more on the tip and just sorta brushed it down lightly til it faded. Does that make sense?

Don't know how to explain it... I applied the glitter to the cured shellac, and just started with more on the tip and just sorta brushed it down lightly til it faded. Does that make sense?

It certainly does! I've only tried the fade once with scrubbing it in with a brush which gives the foil look, I'm not too keen on that. I'm going to try your way now!

Hopefully I've attached a photo of some dark purple rockstars I did yesterday. xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313792700.842760.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1313792700.842760.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 456
I dab on the glitter to the cured colour with an old gel brush less waste of glitter I thought, havnt tried sprinkling though as my pots are little with no sprinkler on top! Am loving the effect !

My glitters don't have a "sprinkler" on top either! I lay a paper towel under the foot/hand. Sprinkle the nail with glitter, press gently with my finger on the glitter to make sure it's all flat and sort of smooth. Then, I use a clean/dry acrylic brush (which I only use for this step) to brush excess glitter from the nail and around the nail. Then, I apply two coats of top coat, of course, curing between each.

Once finished, I gather all the glitter on the paper towel and funnel it back into the glitter container.

Also! I put my glitter into a small plastic container with a lid and I have dipped the cured polished nail into the glitter. This method works well also, and doesn't waste an ounce of glitter! :hug:

I've also pinched a bit of glitter with my fingers and sprinkled it on like that. That gives me more targeted application and doesn't waste too much. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back