Roll on the winter (bear with me read on)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
I am fed sick and tired of scumbags... i mean clients... coming to me this week with filthy nails.

Last night...' oh i got carried away gardening and forgot the time grabbed my keys and well...here i am...didnt have time to scrub my nails'

To quote a line from Little Brittian i feel like saying ' oh my god i soooooooo dont believe you just said that'

Why o why o why do people do this? Its disgumsting.

Roll on the winter when they STOP tending to the garden so much.

Anyone else have this problem....and what do you do? sit there for half an hour with a hand soak and the scrubbing brush picking and poking it out for them?

One woman came the other day with all beetroot stains all under her fingers and around her nails yeuk yeuk yeuky yeuk.

It CANT only be me who gets these peeps?

Ambx

Why don't you just tell them to go over to the basin and scrub them themselves? God !!!!! We're not servants are we.

I just WOULD NOT do it myself i dont GET how you could go and have your nails done with a pound of soil....manure....etc etc under them!

Same as Kimmi here too!

Send 'em to the "decontamination" unit armed with nail brush and a tough cleanser and make them sort their filthy mitts out at the wash basin!!

Hey

Yep snap agree with balloo definitely tell the scruffy mares to get to the basin with a nail brush and some anti bac!

I can understand them getting carried away and not having the time to wash their hands (not that it takes long :rolleyes: ) but to expect you to do it for them is kinda cheeky! :irked: not to mention gross!

Mind you i was doing someones nails the other week and i flicked a bit of cheese out of the back of her nails i nearly yakked! she just laughed! i was well grossed out! and she had washed her hands first too.

omg im sorry but there is NO WAY i can clean under someones nails ewwwwwww should this be part of our service ????? I just start to heave and have to admit i dont go near them - ciggy stains that come off and turn the cuticle remover yellow is gross enough - just cant bear it ewwwwwwwwwww

sorry guys have to leave this thread now and think of nice things

kx

Some of my clients make me heave before they even walk in because I know what I'm gonna face. It always seems to be the same ones. I hate doing smokers nails as I know they will be yellow & smelly but dirt under the nails is completely unnecessary. They must be able to see it! I normally just get on with it if it's not too bad but there is a clean scrubbing brush next to my sink and lots of hand wash so they have no excuse. I would be so ashamed if it was me. The other one is when they've just prepared their tea & their nails may be clean but they stink of onions/fish, etc. Yuck. :( How do you tell them without offending them?

I've just been out in the garden. Started without my gloves for a minute or so and just could not hack doing gardening without my heavy duties on!!! Its such hard work to get them clean again, so people should have some kind of conscience!

a quote from my reputation points ......................................

You know Minkus, these 'scumbags' are your 'bread n' butter', and some of them might just be reading your post!!!

oh thankyou so so much for the anonymous neg rep on this one !!!

sorry if i offend but kiss my ***.

MINKUS said:
oh thankyou so so much for the anonymous neg rep on this one !!!

sorry if i offend but kiss my ***.

GO GIRL!!!!!!!!

nailsbynikki said:
GO GIRL!!!!!!!!
lol
Wasn't me but sent you a positive to balance it!

Ive been playing, err, um ... working in the garden too today...hey I got a great tan, lol!
Anyway, thing is, apart from Dandelion stains that absolutely would not wash off, on my palms, my naiils are well clean, and I just cannot, no matter what, wear gloves.
Personally I think these peeps have no excuse for their minging nails and if they cant be bothered to remove big chunks of soil before they leave the house ... well, it makes me feel sick to imagine what else may be there that we cant see :mad:
Thank heavens for Cool blue and Scrubfresh!

can i just ask the phantom repper why one of my clients would be reading this? When i would never ever , ever point them in the direction of this site?

Primarily because they would no longer be my customer/client they would most probably become my competitor?

AND THIS SITE IS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR PROFESSIONALS NOT AMATEURS (IE CLIENTS)

thanks

Amber

installment number 2................

bleating on about reps!was going to leave my name but its allowed to be anonymous.so kiss my ....

hmmmmm whatever FLOATS YOUR BOAT love

try this, put a bar of soap in a zip lock bag, add about 1/2 ounce of water (enough to allow the soap to become soft) convince your clients to scratch the soap and cake THAT under their enhancements,before working in the garden, so a quick rinse will get all the manure, dirt, worm guts, you name it off. It seems to be quite effective in preventing stains on the hands also. (i'm guessing the dirt doesn't stick,:| who knows, I'm not an expert, but I like to garden and I REFUSE to have my perfectly forever french enhancements any other way... except when I use glitter for the tips but that's another story)

When all else fails, have a packet of denture cleaner handy and charge them extra for a "brightening soak" (don't know the exchange rate, but my clients shelled out $10.00 for the service and I used the time to clean or restock while they sat and "brightened") The denture cleaner seems to get all kinds of stains out, and it has bactericides in it, at least you would have somewhat disinfected dirty nails to work on...:smack:

Word of warning Amb - clients do stumble across this site. I had the shock of my life when one of mine said they had read about me asking business advice!!

However if clients do read this then please, from a health & safety point of view, we kindly ask that you clean up before you visit us ... just as you'd clean your teeth before you visit the dentist, it's just courteously hygienic. Thank you!

Ambxx how come you got two from the same person in such a short time....? thought you couldn't do that...have to go through 10 others b4 you can rep again....? don't worry hun...xxx

Now as for dirty nails....I remember someone saying you wouldn't go to the doctors with out having a wash first...cricky i even wash my hair b4 i go to the hairdressers....lol
I have 2 clients who i don't mind having dirt under the nails as they are elderly and have arthritis and cant do it .... they don't have enhancements, just a manicure....i don't mind that at all....but if someone is able to clean under there nails then they should...xxxxxx

Just a thought - for yellow smoker's stains on fingers (not on nails!) just ask your client's to rub on a little lemon juice if they want them to fade...

tasha

Sassy #1 said:
Word of warning Amb - clients do stumble across this site. I had the shock of my life when one of mine said they had read about me asking business advice!!

However if clients do read this then please, from a health & safety point of view, we kindly ask that you clean up before you visit us ... just as you'd clean your teeth before you visit the dentist, it's just courteously hygienic. Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I just tested Angie's rep suggestion and she's right - you can't rep a person twice in such a short time, unless they signed up as someone else just to put in their two pennies worth. I must admit though, if they've got something to say, they should say it here, in the open. Why should they be ashamed of their point of view, unless they know that their comments are unreasonable.

I had a pedicure client last night who had a bit of dirt on her feet that didn't come off after the jest spa soak, and exfoliant. I was very surprised. I use a nail brush on all clients before i start a manicure or pedicure though, and i just make it "part of the sanitising bit". They see me do the same to my hands, and they all know i'm very hygiene consious anyway. Any new clients are always pleasantly surprised, and i'm sure i'll get one who takes offence but, with a background of 5 years in handling complaints for a living, i'm sure i can handle it!! :smack:

I only know of one person who has two sign in's.....so two and two together made 4 .....got a good idea who it was!!

Amb x

Latest posts

Back