Rubbish effort - AGAIN!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gawjus36

Reaction score
Evening all, I did a set of L&P enhancements for a client on Wednesday and they were full of air bubbles. As a result I declined payment and returned today to remove them and do a new set. It all went well until - I forgot to use primer on one hand! I only remembered as I was three fingers in so I had no option but to continue.
What will the consequences be? What can I expect to happen? I feel such a pillock, clearly a novice, and a nervous one at that! :eek:
I am getting really fed up of all these 'learning curves' but I need to keep going to gain experience.
I look forward to hearing from you xxx

I'm sure most of us at one point when learning forgetting the primer or something else important, that's the good news to make you feel better :)

Bad news is the hand without primer will get bad lifting and come off in a few days :(

Chin up x

Hi, just a quick note, to get air bubbles out when you put your brush in ur monomer, push the brush flat down in the dappen dish and u will see bubbles come out and this may help when applying l & p.

Hope this helps

Sarah

Also no pat pat pat with your brush or your make more bubbles..you need to be pushing the product in place :)

I'm sure most of us at one point when learning forgetting the primer or something else important, that's the good news to make you feel better :)

Bad news is the hand without primer will get bad lifting and come off in a few days :(

Chin up x

Not true, I never use primer , well very rare . If you thourghley prep and have sound technique it will not make a drastic diffrence .

However I use CND l&p and this helps , even when using radical I do not use primer, unless I see the need.

I see/hear to many techs using primer as an essential tool,, not atall. Xx

I think you are being very hard on yourself and need to ease off a bit. Everyone makes mistakes no matter how experienced and to forget primer on 3 nails is hardly the end of the world. At least you realised :hug:

anne xx

Not true, I never use primer , well very rare . If you thourghley prep and have sound technique it will not make a drastic diffrence .

However I use CND l&p and this helps , even when using radical I do not use primer, unless I see the need.

Thanks for that Katiebaby, I think on this occasion I'm going to have to just wait and see. I have her booked for infills the week after next so I will be able to assess properly then, unless she calls me sooner!:rolleyes:

I think you are being very hard on yourself and need to ease off a bit. Everyone makes mistakes no matter how experienced and to forget primer on 3 nails is hardly the end of the world. At least you realised :hug:

anne xx

Thank you Anne, that's very kind of you. I'll keep trying and maybe one day, sometime soon I hope, I'll be posting uplifting and positive posts on here xxx

Also no pat pat pat with your brush or your make more bubbles..you need to be pushing the product in place :)

Thank you for you input and advice, I am very grateful xx

Hi, just a quick note, to get air bubbles out when you put your brush in ur monomer, push the brush flat down in the dappen dish and u will see bubbles come out and this may help when applying l & p.

Hope this helps

Sarah

Thanks Sarah, thought I was being very careful with that, maybe I need to pay it a bit more attention. I'll keep trying!

I've forgotten to use primer on one hand too and two weeks later they were fine, like kate said if your prep is ok you should be fine. One thing I do so that I don't miss a step out is line the product up next to me in the order you use them that way when you put one back the next product is there next to it. It helps until it becomes second nature!!

Hey we can feel liberated and throw our primers out the window!
Occording to Katie anyone using a primer is doing a crap job with thier prep..oh unless it's needed in a rare instance.
It's different in that your system doesn't require a primer but to make out that our systems are fine without it is untrue also!

Now I won't be around the rest of the day as Im going out..but feel free to write your normal 3 pages long reply. As for the op take what you want from this post and remember it's a disscusion not a fight, we have our different veiws and way of doing things :)

That's probably because that's the way we were TRAINED, I trained with NSI college course.

Because CND is a primerless system, Salon Systems is not and that is what the OP is using (I checked her previous threads)..... You cannot tell all people using all brands and systems that primer is not essential. Primer is not a 'bad thing' and tech's that use it are not inferior. It's about understanding your product and techs that use systems that need primer will understand why the same way you understand why you do not.

OP, you may find that hand has more lifting, but it may also be useful to see the difference. Don't let onto the client up front, wait and see what happens - don't give them reasons to expect problems.

I know all these 'learning curves' are a bit tricky at the moment, but trust me we've all been there..... :hug: . FWIW I really think you're being very hard on yourself, you'll get there you certainly have the motivation and desire. Plus you're in the right place to get help!

katiebbabby

That is wrong information! You happen to be using a primerless l&p system. This is a relatively new progression in the technology of nail enhancements (but then you are a relatively new technician)

Many, many systems and brands DO need a primer. You mention many techs using primer as an essential and disagree with them! Wrong! They are following the manufacturers instructions! Correct and accurate prep is essential but some systems have a primer as part of that

Not that long ago every UV gel and l&p needed a primer. Some still do.

To the OP, don't panic! Everyone has missed a stage at some point. With any luck you will have got away with it. If not, you know why. Don't be disheartened that your prep is no good if you missed the primer.

To every reader of this post, take notice of your manufacturers instructions. If primer is needed then use it! There is nothing wrong with a primer. A primerless system saves a step but, believe me, the ingredient that needs to bond the overlay to the nail plate is still there! Technology has just got a bit cleverer

Evening all, I did a set of L&P enhancements for a client on Wednesday and they were full of air bubbles. As a result I declined payment and returned today to remove them and do a new set. It all went well until - I forgot to use primer on one hand! I only remembered as I was three fingers in so I had no option but to continue.
What will the consequences be? What can I expect to happen? I feel such a pillock, clearly a novice, and a nervous one at that! :eek:
I am getting really fed up of all these 'learning curves' but I need to keep going to gain experience.
I look forward to hearing from you xxx

I completely understand your pain!! I did exactly the same recently. It was on someone I know (but not that well)...I've seen her since and on having a quick look at her nails it looked like a few were lifting - but she hasn't come back to me yet.

As someone else has suggested, I now get everything out that I need and put it in order on my table...it definitely helps!

My L&P sets are awful in my opinion...every single one has lifting which I think is me getting too close to the cuticle but that's a whole different story!
:)

emily hunny xx you've got some great replys there form some great geeks xx one thing i did read is stop beating your self up you are doing a great job x learning and taking everything on board xx you know when you've better products you'll do a better job x we are working on that guys but em you are doing soooo much better than even a month ago xx

katie ... not everyone starts with cnd, and some times your replies to threads are what put people off . love the fact you are so passionate xx but listen what people are asking more, instead of just what you know xx

Hey we can feel liberated and throw our primers out the window!
Occording to Katie anyone using a primer is doing a crap job with thier prep..oh unless it's needed in a rare instance.
It's different in that your system doesn't require a primer but to make out that our systems are fine without it is untrue also!

Now I won't be around the rest of the day as Im going out..but feel free to write your normal 3 pages long reply. As for the op take what you want from this post and remember it's a disscusion not a fight, we have our different veiws and way of doing things :)

Hey why get personal?? Normal 3 pages??

I never said crap job???? I said sound technique and good prep it shouldn't matter,, I was meaning to say don't sweat . Primer is there to be used if you need it that's what it's for ,, fgs I didn't mean what you are insinuating.

But to then turn it personal has offended me.

I said sound technique and good prep it shouldn't matter,, I was meaning to say don't sweat . Primer is there to be used if you need it that's what it's for ,,

It isn't the tech that needs primer it's the product - and just because a tech uses a primer system doesn't mean they're not a good tech.

EzFlow needs primer, so does NSI, Salon Systems, Young Nails needs protein bond, Nfu Oh uses a bonder..... There are great techs using these products.

I am CND user as you know and I will defend my choice of product to anyone, but please make sure you are giving facts in an un-biased way. In this thread you are wrong.

Yes fine I'm wrong I never said don't ever use primer did I?? I was saying don't stress,, primer will not prevent lift if ur prep is not as good as it should be or if your technique is again not sound (pressing in z3) primer is not like a magic wand , it takes a systematic approach not just one thing.

It says to use primer with radical yet I don't , I was only saying it shouldn't matter if you have prepped well and your confident in your technique.

Latest posts

Back