Saturdays Off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedAdmiral

Reaction score
Can you rent in a hairdressers/beauty salon and NOT work on a saturday?
I'm just curious, I've downsized and will be working from a beauty salon. In my own salon I didnt work on a saturday and after 9 years of saturdays I'm loving time with my much neglected friends and partner. I will only be working part time as I teach nd will do 3 late nights. I didnt have a great saturday trade and at most only worked 9-12 as the rest of the day was just mani's n nail paints which can be covered by the therapists.

What do you think - is anyone crazy busy for enhancements on saturdays? will my 3 late nights be surfice?

My busy days are Thursday and Friday.

Saturdays can be a bit hit and miss... everyone seems to want them, but when it comes near the time they tend to look for a weekday instead.

I only work a half day on Saturday now because of this so I'd go for it if I were you:hug:

It might make a difference where you are based. When I worked outside the city centre, Saturdays were always very busy. When I opened my salon inside the city centre, I found Saturdays to be not as busy as the rest of the week.

I think it's because, on Saturdays, people are more likely to go into the city as a family or with children, which makes visiting my salon 'awkward'?

jes

Can you rent in a hairdressers/beauty salon and NOT work on a saturday?
I'm just curious, I've downsized and will be working from a beauty salon. In my own salon I didnt work on a saturday and after 9 years of saturdays I'm loving time with my much neglected friends and partner. I will only be working part time as I teach nd will do 3 late nights. I didnt have a great saturday trade and at most only worked 9-12 as the rest of the day was just mani's n nail paints which can be covered by the therapists.

What do you think - is anyone crazy busy for enhancements on saturdays? will my 3 late nights be surfice?

hi. i find that thurs and fridays are my busiest days aswell so i do two late nights on those days. i dont mind working saturday as i close on mondays but your teaching aswell so you need sometime for yourself. maybe try a half day on sat. take appointments only for 3 hours in the morning and c how you go. good luck.:lol:

i find that saturday mornings are always busy, but no one wants a saturday afternoon appointment as they would rather do stuff with their friends/family. I agree with the above post about doing a half day, but only if you have bookings!

Thanks guys, I see how it goes, my clients are used to me not being open on saturday so it should be ok.
I'll let you know how I get on - maybe some of you can take saturdays off too :lol:

Saturday is always my quietest day of the week...like everyone else has said people like to spend it doing family stuff. I'd say its better do a few late nights than a saturday IMO

Like others here I find most don't want a Saturday, and those who do want morning only. I suspect it's that most people fill their weekends with shopping, lunch out etc, and don't want to be tied down to an appointment time. I work until 1.00pm on a Saturday, but take one off every few weeks or so, especially in the Summer when I'd rather be doing other things.

Lucky people!
Saturdays are fully booked all summer for us, and pretty busy the rest of the year!
I'd love to have saturdays off but would lose loads of money. But if your regulars are used to you not working saturdays why start now?

I suppose it depends on the types of client you have. Most of mine are either wives of wealthy husbands who don't work, or they've retired early, or they have their own businesses & like to treat themselves as a break from work. A very small proportion of my clients have a Monday to Friday 9 to 5 week. All this is great because although it's a Saturday & I'm about to go to work, I'm only there till 1.00!!!

As you already have a client base and don't want to work Saturdays then I can't see why you would have a problem.

If anything it can be the salon owner that wants you to work on a Saturday. I was never very busy on a Saturday yet the hair salon I rented in was fully booked. The owner used to get very shirty about me doing reduced hours on a Saturday or not working them at all.

Now I work from home Saturday is one of my busiest days. I probably only get one, possibly two a month off. Which is typical as this is the one day I struggle for childcare !

Lucky people!
Saturdays are fully booked all summer for us, and pretty busy the rest of the year!
I'd love to have saturdays off but would lose loads of money. But if your regulars are used to you not working saturdays why start now?
Same for us,we are always busy on a saturday,thurs and fridays are very busy too.Trial and error I think.See how it goes.:hug:

saturdays are very hit and miss for us. mainly miss though, we are busy in the morning 9-12 and then it normall goes dead. I hate saturdays when I am at work (we work a rota) .............but at least the salon gets a massive clean and then i call it a day about 4pm.

tigi

Latest posts

Back