Quantcast

Second CND lamp - do you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

curvygirl

Reaction score
Does anyone use 2 UV lamps on their manicure desk, i.e. one for each hand so that the client doesn't have to lean over to the lamp whilst holding their hand out to the tech?. I'm thinking about it myself but am I wasting money buying a second CND lamp?

Rinn

CND Shellac EA
Reaction score
yep, guilty..

far handier and quicker too.

clients love it, more comfortable for them.

angel17

Reaction score
Never thought about that but yep good idea!

curvygirl

Reaction score
Damn you! :)

I honestly hoped someone would say I was being a bit frivolous having two. But I am such a perfectionist....

....Now where's my S2 membership number? Lol! X

ladybird

Reaction score
I have two lamps on my desk - more comfortable for the client :). My fave is def my cnd shellac lamp - love it !!

linzi

Reaction score
I would definitely have two lamps!

It makes it much easier - the client doesn't have to lean over all over the place and you don't have to reorganise everything every few minutes - and also slightly quicker if you're only doing a plain colour.

That's the plan after I have all 36 colours in my possession :D

Nataliya

Global Team CND
Reaction score
I have two CND lamps on my desk. I love it. If you are busy, then it is definately worth it. Not only it saves time, but also makes you client feel more comfortable. Would not go back to one lamp ever again.

In fact I have also two lamps at my pedi station. Speeds up the toe treatments too.

;)

jacquelineanna

Reaction score
Two nail desks, two cnd lamps, one Bio Sculpture lamp in each treatment room for feet, four redundant Bio Sculpture lamps in store cupboard lol.

Jacqui xx

EmmieRose

Reaction score
I was taught to always have two lamps as if something goes wrong with your first and you don't have a back up you are in deep doo-doo. This is another reason to have two. I hadn't thought of it but I'm going to try it! Thanks :)

unas escarlata

Reaction score
Always have two...
1. what if you drop one while moving it from left to right
2. what if a bulb goes
3. cuts down service time = more time for more treatments = more money
4. much more comfortable for the client

I have a shoulder problem and sitting with my left hand over to my right would be really painful

It'll pay for itself really quickly

Lynne Baker

Lynne The Skin!
Reaction score
I've just bought a second one because lately I've had some, er, larger ladies with, er, impressive chesticles, who really struggle to cross their hands over with one lamp.
Re bulbs going; I've always had a spare set of bulbs, even when I had just one lamp.

kays_acrylicsox

Reaction score
Can I ask as lady's say it speeds up time and would like to purchase another lamp, do you polish both hands then tell client to pop them in lamp or as before - do one pop it in then the other

Lynne Baker

Lynne The Skin!
Reaction score
polish one, and whilst it's in the lamp, polish the other.
If you did it your way you would gain no time at all!

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
I've just bought a second one because lately I've had some, er, larger ladies with, er, impressive chesticles, who really struggle to cross their hands over with one lamp.
Re bulbs going; I've always had a spare set of bulbs, even when I had just one lamp.
Always love to start the day with a good chuckle ... And this did it, thanks Lynne.
:Love:

Lolly22

Reaction score
I just move mine across the table but it does get annoying and sometimes your waiting for it to go off like others say so I would quicken up with a second lamp.

I haven't got around to buying one yet but I will once I've stopped spending all my money on nail graphix glitters lol!

kays_acrylicsox

Reaction score

siana

Reaction score
I like the idea of two lamps and I may well get another as back-up but I have always just move my lamp from one side to the other to the hand that needs curing!

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I have always worked with 2 lamps, so much easier for the client, and therefore me.

souz

Reaction score
i always have 2 lamps no matter the system!! new clients always comment that its more comfortable and part of what brings them back to me!!

MissMG

Reaction score
I've been swapping my lamp from side to side....but feel I may have to pull out the emergency back up lamp to put on my table.

Genious!

Latest posts