Self taught

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone you are all a great help :)

For training, you could probably get it free at Stoke college (Caulden campus). You would need the VCTC Nail Treatments (20 weeks, 1 evening per week) followed by the VCTC Nail Technology (10 weeks, 1 evening per week). There are also daytime and full time courses so ring the college and talk to them NOW for September starts. Most of the stuff you will already know, but it does include all the health & safety issues and at the end you will be fully qualified to work on paying clients. Don't leave it too late to enroll as I did and have now had to travel to Cannock because they were full at Stoke. The professional company training courses can come later once you are earning the money to pay for them :) As I'm local to you, feel free to PM me if you want to chat.

All the best, Hazel

Good luck to you x

You do seem to have quite a talent - have you ever thought about getting properly trained so that you can work on the general public and get paid for it.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but would you do a home perm and then walk into a hairdressers and say look at this I have done it myself what do you think.

With the talent you have think of how far you could go in this industry with proper recognised training.

I completley agree with Fiona here hun.
Get yourself trained properly and make money from your talent. :green:
Jen

They do look lovely hun but as the other geeks said you really need to get trained professionally.

i too gree with whats already been said.i really love your nail art and i prefer the nails in the last picture to the first picture.good luck with your training and i look forward to seeing more of your work.xx

I "self taught" myself silk nails years ago, I practised on myself for ages and then decided to go and do a course as I wanted to be sure I was doing it right, and I wanted to be able to do others nails and be insured etc. It is expensive but is so worth it! Good luck to you.

Hi, i started off self taught and i am now eight weeks off qualifying in nvq2 nail services !
i learnt so much and am so glad i did it , your pics are good, good luck with finding some training xx

I was more or less self taught when i started, but booked up for CND training about 4-5month after and its the best thing i ever done!
x

they really lovely well done you chick :lol:

I think its really good to have a large amount of knowledge about nails before you do a course as it does send you far and then you know what your doing. Let us know when your undergoing training hun and if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask us and we will do our best to help you out.

Welcome to the site :hug:

Like others have said, you have a natural nack for nails, get official training up and running and i tell you what the sky's the limit for you and your talent.......
If your over 19 and have never done an nvq2 before its free..... and i think for nvq 3 its free between ages 19 and 24.
ring around your local colleges xxxxx

There is nothing more satisfying to know that you are a fully trained professional
It looks like it will be easy for you anyway.
There has been some good advice given to you by everyone .

Ruby

Last edited by a moderator:
your nails look great, i remember when i first started to do nails they were c**p and im still learning after 9 years
well done hon keep it up and get some training x
tracy x

I'm glad to see this thread going in this way.

What everyone has said so far is right, a professional qualification is the next step for you (but you already know that:green:), but not just so that you know how to make nice looking nails, it because there are other important issues that aren't evident in the nails themselves such as sanitation, contra-indications, correct client record keeping and allsorts. Anyway, you already know that so nuff said. I wish you the very best of luck in becoming qualified and you have a minefield of advice and experience on this site that you can tap into as you start your training, the geeks on here are lovely and helpful:green:.

Also along with what chelle said..Insurance is important so you can then work on the public and earn yourself a living :green:

where are you from in staffs? i'm from newcastle under lyme and am distance learning as have 2 little ones! it's taking ages!!! :mad:

Lisa x

The people on here are going to start flaming you to go take a course...dont listen to them you dont need it...I know many home trained women doing nails and they are doing an awesome job on their own.Get the Milady textbook and your set..keep up the good work

The people on here are going to start flaming you to go take a course...dont listen to them you dont need it...I know many home trained women doing nails and they are doing an awesome job on their own.Get the Milady textbook and your set..keep up the good work
Like those chocolate covered fingernails:rolleyes:

Oh my word:eek:

This is a professional site, that is why she is being advise to train! In all my years on here I have never seen such a ridiculous quote.

I am not a moderator, but I am a 'professional' nail technician and I am sure that comments like that are not welcome on this site. :smack:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back