Shaggy dog stories

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve@nouvatan

Reaction score
When me n Mrs Nouvatan met for the first time the conversation quickly got on to dogs as we are both mental about our four legged babies, and this shaggy dog story is totally true!!
by some amazing coincidence before we met we both decided to get a dog at the same time and!!
We both bought dogs,mine a jack russell hers a Westie on the same day !! new years day,of the same year!! 2005
and both gave them the same name!! MILLIE
We met in the march when the pups were 5 months old, we have now got another Westie called Dorothy, I was supposed to be buying a wrist watch for Mrs Nouvatans birthday last January,but came home with Dottie instead,
(if shes late for an apointment its my fault for buying the dog instead) have you got a dog? whats it called,or whats its posh name we chose welsh kennel club names,for the westies as dawn is welsh(so is nessa from gavin n stacy spot the difference lol) we have milicent mavandwy and dorothy dylliss of llannelli !! and whats the most popular breed at the moment! labradoodle, westie,staffie,****zu,boxer ect tell us your shaggy dog story !! :hug::hug:

Last edited:
We have a Border Terrier called Harry (kennel name Kelgrem Kaboodle! try shouting that in a park). He looks like the 'comparethemeerkat' chappie at the moment.

He is scared of everything, we can't have football on the tv (hates the whistle), hates golf recognises the green screen! not fond of cats as is scared of them, doesn't like walks and hates the car - that names but a few of his eccentric ways but we all love him to bits and want him to go on forever and ever.

:)

i jave a pup dalmatian called Bandra. Its doesnt really mean anything i just like to be different!!!!! and it sounds great!

my mum used to have a westie who was called kizzy though so she could be part of westie club!!!!! :)

I have a pomeranian called molly.
There is pics in my profile.

Shes my little fur baby. Shes 1 years old and goes everywhere with me. Shes sleeping under my desk right now. :green:

I have a Cavalier king charles called Ted. His best friends are the 4 persian cats, Jasper, Leo, Lily and his very best friend is the baby persian Poppy. Ted has been coming to the salons with me since he was 8 weeks old. Clients often bring a squeaky toy or biscuit for him.

I have the most precious little Papillon, she is 10 months old a called Gixxi (pronounced Jicksy)

I have a staffie called Bernie but i call him Bernard when he's been naughty. He's my baby and the most soppy staff you'll ever meet. he's my proof to everyone that staffs arent all agressive and vicious that alot of people think

My little baby is Elliott - a bichon frise.

Love him to bits, but he's a handful lol.

I have a 4 year old wire haired dachshund called Ruby and a 1 year old Chi-chi (Hairless Chinese Crested cross Chihuahua, which results in a tiny hairless dog) called Lola. They look an odd couple when we go out for walks! My lil babies x

I have a staffie called Bernie but i call him Bernard when he's been naughty. He's my baby and the most soppy staff you'll ever meet. he's my proof to everyone that staffs arent all agressive and vicious that alot of people think
i had a staffie in 1985 before they became popular bonnie a brindle bitch without doubt a special dog, who was my best friend, i have so many stories about her i could write a book! broke my heart when i had to say goodbye it took me over 6 years to pluck up the courage to get another dog i just knew i would never find a staffie to match her as i owned the best one ever bred !! so i changed breeds,went for a jack russell and now have the 2 westies i love all my dogs but bonnie my staffie will always be the top dog!! GOD I GOT A LUMP IN MY THROAT JUST TYPING THAT !! LOL :eek::eek::cry::cry::cry:

I have a British Bull Dog Called Stanley his KC Name is Dominic of Salgasson, hes 4 years old and a lump of a dog (bout 6 stone), drives me nuts most days, finally grew out of chewing everything about a year ago and I mean everything his fave was door frames and table legs, he wasn't very popular for a few years. Claire x

I have a Rottie named Jet she is 10 now and having trouble with her glucose levels atm, She has had cancer twice but nothing ever phases her.
She is a big softie and she talk well ok not english but she will howl when you come into the room, She loves chewing things which included the remote and phone wire when she was younger.

Attachments

• Jet 3a.jpg
    Jet 3a.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
We got our 'dog' from the local dog pound....cost us an arm and a leg ( don't know about rescuing her...more like they was robbing us )....

she is the ugliest dog ever....one blu/white eye and one brown eye....

Looks like a fox...and I mean LOOKS like a fox....she scares she Sh!t out of the tourists...

She is a relative of houdini....

She is the town...how can I put this...woman of the night!!!!!

EVERYONE knows her....I've even overheard a woman saying upon seeing my dog '' that dog belongs to the woman with lots of kids '' :eek: I was stood right next to her so she didn't know me personally!!!! What does my dog go around telling people?????

She did her houdini act one night and got pregnant....had 4 puppies which we couldn't give away so we had to PAY the dog pound to take them off us... 85€ per puppy....!!!!!!!!
( she's had her tubes tied since! )

She is my daughters dog...who insists on buying her glittery pink leads and collars...but to be honest there is nothing girly about her at all...
she looks anorexic even though she eats...and she looks boyish....

I used to have lovely labradors at one time...real dogs :lol:

Hi there, as you may guess from my avatar I am love French Bulldogs.:green: I only have the one now as Harley died last year, he was only 21 months:cry:. So I just have Bugalugs now (the black and white one). When I was taking him home at 8 weeks old, he gave a little whine in his carry case and I said, "its ok Bugalugs we will be home soon" and thus the name stuck. He was tiny and his ears were massive, but he soon grew into them.:lol: However the majority of Spanish could not pronounce his name, so I had to give him a Spanish name, which was Buga, pronounced Booga. But now he is mainly called Bugs. I wanted a short haired dog as i didn't think they shed as much pmsl, he sheds 365 days of the year and so much I am surprised he is not bald. He is as mad as a box of frogs, and one word from me and he does as he likes:lol:, although if i am really cross with him I speak to him in Spanish and then he obeys. His life consists of mainly, sleeping, snoring very loudly, snorting occasionally, eating, and sometimes days of bad wind:eek:

I had a beautiful mongrol called Albert who was blind and diabetic, he died 3y ago. Years ago a springer called Freddie. My daughter has a brindle staffy called Oscar who is 8 months and soooo tiny still, the vet has him on a special diet. When i was a kid we had a English Setter called George.
p.s I know staffs have a horrendous rep but Oscar has been attacked around the throat by the same Westie twice. When he was 3 n half months and again at 4 n half months.

Here is my baby.... I luuuurrrvveeeeee my dog so much,
He is 4 years old now but is the softest big lump ever..
Don't get me wrong, he does have his grumpy moments lol but not very often.....

He is a large dog, with an even bigger personality !
#

By the way, I took this photo of him because this is his 'Nosey' pose.... if he gets shut out of the kitchen for whatever reason, guests over, or we are cooking or something He goes and sits half way up the stairs so he can see us through the little glass window above the kitchen door.... :)

Attachments

• 231020093532.jpg
    231020093532.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 17
i had a staffie in 1985 before they became popular bonnie a brindle bitch without doubt a special dog, who was my best friend, i have so many stories about her i could write a book! broke my heart when i had to say goodbye it took me over 6 years to pluck up the courage to get another dog i just knew i would never find a staffie to match her as i owned the best one ever bred !! so i changed breeds,went for a jack russell and now have the 2 westies i love all my dogs but bonnie my staffie will always be the top dog!! GOD I GOT A LUMP IN MY THROAT JUST TYPING THAT !! LOL :eek::eek::cry::cry::cry:

I've only ever had one dog. I'm a cat lover!
I got my my dog in 1985 and it was a staffie and i called her Bonnie! :eek:

Latest posts

Back