Shall I go looking like this...chapped lips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ProperPrincess

Reaction score
I have four sets of sp lashes today from 2. I have four children so obviously at £60 a set and Christmas i could obviously do with the cash!! But i have dreadful chappped lips. In fact I've been poking at them and Im starting to look like septic angelina jolie minus the hot body and unfortunately minus brad pitt. Anyway I've done my make up an they still lol awful. Shall i still go? I dont want them thinking the eyelash girl with scabby lips x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

Have you done either of these clients before? Do they look infected or are they just chapped? It wouldn't put me off having lashes if the lady had chapped lips. If they looked infected then maybe but just remember you will always notice things more on yourself! An plus if you do an amazing job at the lashes which I'm sure you will they would have forgotten or not even notice them! Xx

Have you done either of these clients before? Do they look infected or are they just chapped? It wouldn't put me off having lashes if the lady had chapped lips. If they looked infected then maybe but just remember you will always notice things more on yourself! An plus if you do an amazing job at the lashes which I'm sure you will they would have forgotten or not even notice them! Xx

They are just red and chappped not cold sores or infection. I've get four appointments 2 are new clients x

Sent from my GT-S5670 using SalonGeek

hey hun

pop to boots or where ever and pick up a tiny tin of vaseline with cocoa butter avoid the pink one like the plague its coloured and for me stings my chapped lips in the past. I've had terribly chapped lips this winter all over my lips too. Bought some of this on Monday and difference it made after one application was amazing. Do not cancel your clients hun its chapped lips sweetie just slather your lips you can even put a hint of lippy on on top to get a bit of colour once they start to hydrate again.

Love n hugs x x x

Go, you cant afford to cancel 4 sets of lashes because of some scabby lips lol - def smother them in vasceline - you wouldnt not go if you had a break out of spots!!! -

Clients arent interested in your lips lol, theyre interested in your lashes :biggrin: Earn that money xx

I wouldn't be bothered if my beautician had chapped lips whilst doing my lashes, so don't let it get you down Hun. Just smother them in Vaseline and go for it with confidence.

Maybe, just mention in conversation that this weather is a nightmare, how cold it is at night, and that however much you love it to feel cold and christmassy, your lips do not agree! And this weather causes you great pain and discomfort with your lips! That way, it'll kill the atmosphere if you're feeling a little conscious about them and they may even feel a little sorry for you!
So true what somebody else has said already, that we do notice things a lot more on ourselves than on others. So what may feel or appear horrendous to you, won't necessarily appear that way to others.
Keep your chin up and go to your appointments :) think of the £££!! :)
Xxx

I'm using an intensive eye cream on my lips just now as they are so dry and, WOW, what a difference!!

Vaseline is only a barrier on your lips. It doesn't actually penetrate and moisturise.

Try an intensive moisturizer. (Might not taste very nice and don't lick)! But it will help

Aww i feel for you, I get this to the point were they bleed & even worse if I put salt & vinegar on my tea & accidentally touch my sores while eating I'm in agony, oh it's so horrible!!!
I smoother my lips in Vaseline everyday when I've got it, kind of works but I have got small scars around my mouth leftover from when it was at it's worst xx I usually get it when it's cold outside & I get it on my hands sometimes too for which I use palmers body lotion & sleep in those little White moisturising gloves & it always clears up pretty quick xx

they'll have their eyes closed most of the time!!

Carmex is brilliant.

Well girls I went and they were all chuffed. It was my best day in business yet. At £60 a set you do the maths. Four sets later I'm a happy girl and I have happy clients. I also made 32 in tips. Maybe scabby lips bring me luck. I'll be putting the vaseline away and licking in the wind. Thanks for the advice and reassurance, as always cxxxx

Sent from my AT100 using SalonGeek

I know its a bit late but if you have any sudocream at home (you know the stuff you put on babys bums!) Put that on your lips tonight and theyll be alot better in the morning!
Youll have nice white lips but youll only be sleeping!! I find if you use a moisturiser for you face it can sting but with sudocream been more like vasaline it doesnt burn and will heal your lips :) x

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

Good on you for not letting it get you down and for going to your appts!
Sounds like you had a super successful day .. I'm sure your takings from today have cheered you up no doubt!! :) xx

To help them heal, avoid Vaseline at all costs! That's really not a good suggestion. You want something that does not have petrolium in it.

hey hun

pop to boots or where ever and pick up a tiny tin of vaseline with cocoa butter avoid the pink one like the plague its coloured and for me stings my chapped lips in the past. I've had terribly chapped lips this winter all over my lips too. Bought some of this on Monday and difference it made after one application was amazing. Do not cancel your clients hun its chapped lips sweetie just slather your lips you can even put a hint of lippy on on top to get a bit of colour once they start to hydrate again.

Love n hugs x x x

Agree: Definitely avoid the pink vasaline that actually dries my lips out and makes them chapped!

To help them heal, avoid Vaseline at all costs! That's really not a good suggestion. You want something that does not have petrolium in it.

Have to agree with this. You want to avoid Vaseline as it will only dry your lips out even more.
You need to be using something nourishing & rich that has lots of natural vegetable oils & butters in it or indeed something like an eye cream as has been suggested.

Bobby brown lip conditioner is fab in this weather. Its also has spf15 in it which is great all year round. Its only a little pot and £13 seems expensive at first but its worth the investment and lasts for ageS!!!

Should give burt bees a try, I had same problem with dry lips few months ago, got blistex intensive moisturiser and then got burt bees, not had chapped lips since :) x

You really need to gently exfoliate your lips, as layering products onto dry lips will make it worse, waste product, and it won't sink in.
So glad your day went so well!

I've been putting solar oil on mine this last week & they are lovely & soft!! I keep a pinkie bottle in my bag & apply it a few times a day x

I agree dont use vaseline as this will make your lips dryer, it is a barrier and doesnt moisturise. Avoid all petroleum based products (lipsalve, chapstick etc)

Chapped lips can be a sign on dehydration so keep sipping water, something I think we forget to do during the winter months.

I use welleda lip balm its the best lip balm I have ever used and I have tried everything. :lol:

Latest posts

Back