Should infill look like this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chimerka

Reaction score
Hi, I hope everyone will understand what I mean. I have acrylic nails 3months now. First time it looked perfect. When I came second time for infill I was really unsatisfied. Under acrylic I can clearly see where I had acrylic done 3weeks ago, as there is dark violet {or red} curve...when I see photos everywhere on internet acrylic or gel nails look amazing and nowhere is seen what I have. I think it is from electric file, because first it hurt really much and nail technician used it on my own nail, what I think she should not. So it is probably my blood under nail.So second time I went to different nail technician, where using electric file did not hurt, but anyway I have now one dark curve from 3weeks ago and second dark curve from 6weeks ago. I have noticed that most of women have the same, but some of them do not. My friend have now Pink&White, which was much more expensive than normal infill, she has pink acrylic and it looks perfect. ....I pay 20pounds for nails, but when I had my own nails it looked much better without any marks on them....could you tell me if it is normal?Thank you

Hi, I hope everyone will understand what I mean. I have acrylic nails 3months now. First time it looked perfect. When I came second time for infill I was really unsatisfied. Under acrylic I can clearly see where I had acrylic done 3weeks ago, as there is dark violet {or red} curve...when I see photos everywhere on internet acrylic or gel nails look amazing and nowhere is seen what I have. I think it is from electric file, because first it hurt really much and nail technician used it on my own nail, what I think she should not. So it is probably my blood under nail.So second time I went to different nail technician, where using electric file did not hurt, but anyway I have now one dark curve from 3weeks ago and second dark curve from 6weeks ago. I have noticed that most of women have the same, but some of them do not. My friend have now Pink&White, which was much more expensive than normal infill, she has pink acrylic and it looks perfect. ....I pay 20pounds for nails, but when I had my own nails it looked much better without any marks on them....could you tell me if it is normal?Thank you

I would say its from the electrical drill too ,only because I have had a few clients who have gone to the NNS salons and the electric drills been used on them,and I can always guess how many infills theyve had as the lines are clearly visable,an infill should just normally blend in most of the time!

Last edited:
The marks you have on your nails are commonly known as 'rings of fire' and it is where your nails have been over-filed by the Technician at the infill/rebalance appointment. When nails are rebalanced well there is no ring of fire, no fill line and they look like a new set.

If your friend has pink and whites that are rebalanced well then I would ask her where she goes and makes yourself an appointment!

hth's

The red you describe sounds like a painful 'ring of fire' on your natural nail, and you are correct in assuming that it is most likely because of an efile on your natural nail. This is damage to your nail plate, and will have to grow out, hopefully without any long term consequences.

Occasionally there is a noticeable line between the old product and new product, this can be hidden somewhat with a different shade of product, one better suited to the coloring in your own nails.

It is perfectly acceptable and recommended that you question what is being done to your nails. You are smart for searching out some answers here, as it seems apparent that you are questioning the quality of workmanship.

There are many great nails techs on this site. Hopefully you can find one close to where you live. Good luck to you.

I wouldn't go back there hun...having nails shouldn't hurt....or cause damage.

Seek another nail tech and ask if they do custom blend...coverage powders...as this will hide those marks while it grows out...be much nicer for you x

I have a new client who has ridges all down her nails it reminds me of a tree. when you count the rings to detemine how old the tree is, well hers were all the way down her nails. and the thing that really amazes me is that she'd been going to this nail technician for 9 years.peeps really need to get educated. the real joke was that the lady had to have her nails painted as the tech said that she was unable to do forever french on her because of the marks in her nails.
I seriously think this lady should get herself some new training or even better retire.
anyway thankfully she moved away and i got a new client who has a set of forever french.bless
:(thg

i agree with all of the above ...here here...

this is a picture from a client i had some months ago
this was a rebalance done by another nail tech, and she was also teaching others to do nails???
second picture is what i made of it :green:
pict0163gn4.jpg
pict0166me4.jpg

Paying £20 in Northampton tells me you went to one of our many nail bars.
Sorry but there is a reason why they are so cheep. There are many excellent
Nail techs in Northampton but I am sorry, you wont find any of us working within the town center, and we all charge more then £20.

this is a picture from a client i had some months ago
this was a rebalance done by another nail tech, and she was also teaching others to do nails???
second picture is what i made of it :green:
pict0163gn4.jpg
pict0166me4.jpg

Thank god you tamed those sidewalls
MMMm That girl had definatly been Johnny Cashed lol

Questions:

-why isn't this in the Consumer Queries?
-Chimerka, why would you keep going back to a place that hurts you and you don't think they are doing things properly?
-Susie H, how do you know there aren't some good techs working in a (large) town centre that are good? Who are the 'us' that you refer to?

Paying £20 in Northampton tells me you went to one of our many nail bars.
Sorry but there is a reason why they are so cheep. There are many excellent
Nail techs in Northampton but I am sorry, you wont find any of us working within the town center, and we all charge more then £20.

there are indeed some very dodgy sets of nails in northampton.
most places offering nails at £20 will be hurrying the process in some way and cutting out some prep work, some finishing work and using a cheap inferior product and /or poor technique.

there are some good places to go though, we have an ezflow educator in northampton called corrie, susie h does a good job and i think you'dbe o.k with me too but i dont have very many appointments available.

Hi, I there was a question why I am going back where I was not satisfied, but I was in three different salons I would never go back.
Angel from Northampton- I think you have written that 20£ is cheap and there is many good technicians who make good nails but for bigger prices, but when I look on your page, you have actually also 20£ for infill. It is really truth in town centre are not good technicians. I just wanted to try, because I am now trained to be Nail technician and I wanted to see how this job looks in reality:} but usually was few people waiting after me, technicians try to be fast, are not polite, when I was scared and it hurt me from electric file, chinese technician began shout at me. So I have said to myself, that I will be 100% better than all of them.

Hi, I there was a question why I am going back where I was not satisfied, but I was in three different salons I would never go back.
Angel from Northampton- I think you have written that 20£ is cheap and there is many good technicians who make good nails but for bigger prices, but when I look on your page, you have actually also 20£ for infill. It is really truth in town centre are not good technicians. I just wanted to try, because I am now trained to be Nail technician and I wanted to see how this job looks in reality:} but usually was few people waiting after me, technicians try to be fast, are not polite, when I was scared and it hurt me from electric file, chinese technician began shout at me. So I have said to myself, that I will be 100% better than all of them.

i thought the £20 price was for a full set.

yes, you are right i charge £20 for infil/rebalance

i love to see your attitude, you have the right idea. you will be better than those rude and bad technicians.
how far along with your training are you, coluld you infil your own nails, it would be good practice for you.

I have just begun, so not far with my study at all. I want have all Essentials nails courses, because of qualifications, but now when I know you have your own courses in Northampton I am sure I will need you, specially for Electric File using, so after maybe one year I will contact you, maybe you will have free space for me. Your work is amazing! I know people here are proud when they study to be Nail technician at college and think that these courses are not good, but when I have asked these chinese nail technicians in salons where they studied and how long, it was like "two years in America", but in the end their job was not good, and I am going to do everything to be perfect so we will see...Thank you for your answers!

I have just begun, so not far with my study at all. I want have all Essentials nails courses, because of qualifications, but now when I know you have your own courses in Northampton I am sure I will need you, specially for Electric File using, so after maybe one year I will contact you, maybe you will have free space for me. Your work is amazing! I know people here are proud when they study to be Nail technician at college and think that these courses are not good, but when I have asked these chinese nail technicians in salons where they studied and how long, it was like "two years in America", but in the end their job was not good, and I am going to do everything to be perfect so we will see...Thank you for your answers!

I find it odd that you are concerned about the quality of techs work, yet you went back for more of the same treatment (using the same methods) but a different salon, .... then you choose to train via correspondence, how can you possibly learn without hands on experence using plastic hands (sure it's a starting point), but don't forget the humans, thats where to real proof of talent lays.

You may be wasting your time (NSS salons are not well repected) as you found out, nor is Essential Nails training ..... go figure.

You are probably professional that is why you look on this how you look...but how could I know that also another salon will use same methods and that it will be the same? If somebody does not work in nail business does not have clues, what will happen, even if I would see diplomas and qualifications on the wall I would not know, if these are the best. And same treatment? What else if not infill? All nail technicians do it and some do it good so I hoped, that it will be this. As I have full time job and 700£ mortgage a I can not go to college, but I certainly think, that after Essentials nails diplomas and of course another few days one to one courses with some professional nail technician, which will ensure me about my techniques and that I am good enough for this job [and I can not forget at many my friends and family members who will be my first free customers], that after all this I have chance to be good nail technician why not? Of course I would not take risk take a job in a salon without working on real hands..you are right. Actually I have many colleagues, who have acrylic nails, which look similar like mine, are not well done, but my colleagues just think, this is how it should be and do not complain. Because are not professionals they do not realise they can have damaged nails or that acrylic nails should look much better like this...

I find it odd that you are concerned about the quality of techs work, yet you went back for more of the same treatment (using the same methods) but a different salon, .... then you choose to train via correspondence, how can you possibly learn without hands on experence using plastic hands (sure it's a starting point), but don't forget the humans, thats where to real proof of talent lays.

You may be wasting your time (NSS salons are not well repected) as you found out, nor is Essential Nails training ..... go figure.

You go mate I couldnt have said it any better my self:hug:

You are probably professional that is why you look on this how you look...but how could I know that also another salon will use same methods and that it will be the same?

Most of the NSS salons have the same "look" and all of them openly use their electric nail files. The second you walk through the door, you will KNOW that you are in yet another NSS salon. Now, please bear in mind that an electric nail file in the correct, trained hands won't cause damage, but unfortunately, the NSS salons don't fall into this catagory.

As I have full time job and 700£ mortgage a I can not go to college, but I certainly think, that after Essentials nails diplomas and of course another few days one to one courses with some professional nail technician, which will ensure me about my techniques and that I am good enough for this job.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but don't be under any illusion that you can do a EN training course and then a couple of 121's and be ready to produce good quality nails. A lot of new technicians make this mistake. In order to produce high quality nail enhancments, takes lots and lots of practice, a really good training provider and even more training courses afterwards to hone and perfect your skill. Some people learn the art of nail ehancements a lot quicker than others, but it's still an art to learn and is a process of constant education and training.

Actually I have many colleagues, who have acrylic nails, which look similar like mine, are not well done, but my colleagues just think, this is how it should be and do not complain.

As someone who wants to go into the world of nail enhancements, you should educate your colleagues that having nail enhancements done should NEVER hurt and should NEVER cause damage to their natural nail.

The enhancement should just be that, an enhancement. It should improve the look of the natural nail, not destroy it !!

People should not put up with the treatment they receive from the NSS salons and should rather spend their money at reputable salons.

I do not think that it is easy job and I am ready practise really really much and hard. If I would not be sure that I am really good at first, I would never begin have it like my job. I do not know imagine that I would have 1 unsatisfied customer, that would be really horrible for me and I am not in hurry I have well paid job, so I can practise 1-2-3years untill I will be perfect. But in this forum I am reading many times complaints on technicians, who have many years experience, so I think that is quite possible, that is many nail technicians, who have colleges and are worse than these who have not. I wanna be nail technician, because I would love to do it and I wanna my customers will be happy...I will do everything for it. Sometimes you can go to salon, where girls have minimum wages and are fed up with their job, bad customer service no smile just try to do their job fast and result is no good and their college is then useless...I hope you all understand. In my town unfortunately I think that most busy salons are these no good in town centre, and even after I have explained to my colleagues how should good nails look and be done, for many people it is better just go to centre where they work and if it hurt them it hurt them they are lazy to look on Yellow pages so in the end it is their choice and if they will have damaged nails because of this, maybe then they realize. I will not give up my dream just beacuse some people here think that they are best.Thank you all who understand.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back