Sick of chasing nail gems around my table!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welshmammy

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good ideas for picking up nail gems. I have a little plasic type hoof stick that you place on top of the gem and they are suppose to stick to, well they don't. I seem to spend ages chasing the gems around the table trying to catch one with the useless hoof stick. Anyone know of a better method or a better tool, I hate gems!!!!

Does anyone have any good ideas for picking up nail gems. I have a little plasic type hoof stick that you place on top of the gem and they are suppose to stick to, well they don't. I seem to spend ages chasing the gems around the table trying to catch one with the useless hoof stick. Anyone know of a better method or a better tool, I hate gems!!!!

I always use the dobbing (or whatever you call it!) tool dipped in a small amount of water. HTh's :)

Try an orange stick with a bit of blue tack on the end. Works every time.

Orange stick and blue tac works for me too, but you hardly have to touch the gem with the blue tac otherwise you then have trouble getting it off again!!! hth x

Try an orange stick with a bit of blue tack on the end. Works every time.

Orange stick and blue tac works for me too, but you hardly have to touch the gem with the blue tac otherwise you then have trouble getting it off again!!! hth x

I will have to try that........ thanks ladies!

Dotting tool with a bit of blutack wrapped around the end. I find it easier to shape it into a point, it seems to warm it slightly too and then, as already said, you lightly touch the gem with it and it picks it up, lightly place it onto the wet polish and lift off. The gem should then remain in the polish. I can apply them so quickly now, my clients get amazed by it!

wooden skewer with blue tac for me.

I use an orange wood stick dipped in top coat just before the gem is picked up - it is so easy to then place into the wet top coat on the nail.

i use either blu tack , or the top coat method , i always do ok :lol:
was gonna get a picker uppperr but thought why bother :lol:

use a bit of dry spaghetti (about 3" long) dip the end in water and it will pick up stones all day.

I use sticky base coat on the end if manicure stick it seems to work, might try blue tack as well.:)

A moistened orange stick or dotting tool .... otherwise, it's a bit like playing tiddlywinks (oh dear, am I showing my age again?!) :lol:

i use an orange stick dipped in some sanitizer

use a bit of dry spaghetti (about 3" long) dip the end in water and it will pick up stones all day.

Must admit this sounds bizzarre but works a treat! I never use anything else now. Thanks for the tip btw Carl:green:

Use wooden cuticle pushers wet tip pick up gem.

* Carl - you're the best :)

I usually use gems when I'm doing a set of gel. I use an orange wood stick with a little bit of clear gel on it. This works great!

hi I use a damp cotton bud that holds the rhinestones on for me.:)

Latest posts

Back