Sienna X tan sweating off??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayls

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have had 2 clients who have had a tan with me and then gone out, its been a bit hot and their tan has started sweating off. Its not going streaky at all, just a lovely colour but its coming off in the heat?

I just dont understand, obviously this can be a pain if the client is wearing light coloured clothing!

Why is this happening? Any ideas?

Thanks xxxxxxxxxx:hug:

Hi, I 'm not qualified in spray tan but know a bit about this. Any prolonged contact of skin with water with dilute a spray tan, (esp.applies to swimming and bathing)but shouldn't rub off onto clothes.
However if it's the guide colour that's sweating off (i.e. before client has showered it off), this will stain clothes there's not much you can do about that, except tell them to keep cool!

Is the tan coming off before they have showered the colour guide off or after???

It fully depends when they are starting to sweat and how heavily. If the tan was allowed to develop for 6 hours than your clients should be fine, exercising, sweating, showering or even swimming without any effect on the tan.

However if they shower or heavily sweat before the initial development time is over it could mean that the tan will either be streaky or patchy or not develop to its full extend.

If you mean the guide colour is sweating off I am experiencing something similar. I use sienna x and in the least couple of weeks where it's been quire humid here I have noticed more problems with beading, creasing in crevices like neck, elbow etc whilst I'm applying the tan & immediately after.

I assume it is the weather & have tried to compensate by lots of windows open, a fan on to keep the client cool as possible, making sure not to overspray etc but it's is definately having an effect while the heat is on.

Anyone elses tips to combat this would help me too so any ideas welcome plus are other brands of spray tan causing the same problem?

I think you will mainly experience this with tanning liquids that contain a lot of guide colour and it is also more likely to happen with oil based liquids as they take longer to dry especially in hot or humid weather.

Have you tried to use a waterbased liquid instead? They tend to dry quicker and if you have less guide colour in a waterbased liquid they wash easily out of clothes as well as they dont "run" or "sweat off" the guide colour thus causing a negative effect with the client thinking that the actual tan is coming off when it is only the guide colour.

If you mean the guide colour is sweating off I am experiencing something similar. I use sienna x and in the least couple of weeks where it's been quire humid here I have noticed more problems with beading, creasing in crevices like neck, elbow etc whilst I'm applying the tan & immediately after.

I assume it is the weather & have tried to compensate by lots of windows open, a fan on to keep the client cool as possible, making sure not to overspray etc but it's is definately having an effect while the heat is on.

Anyone elses tips to combat this would help me too so any ideas welcome plus are other brands of spray tan causing the same problem?

This is happening to me too, sprayed 2 people last night and it was HOT I had winmdows open etc and sprayed quite dry but it started to bead a fair bit especially on the chest area, I just left it alone I dodnt dab it or do anything, it looks fine today so I am sure it's just a question of trying to keep as cool as possible in this heat

I think you will mainly experience this with tanning liquids that contain a lot of guide colour and it is also more likely to happen with oil based liquids as they take longer to dry especially in hot or humid weather.

Have you tried to use a waterbased liquid instead? They tend to dry quicker and if you have less guide colour in a waterbased liquid they wash easily out of clothes as well as they dont "run" or "sweat off" the guide colour thus causing a negative effect with the client thinking that the actual tan is coming off when it is only the guide colour.

Sienna X 10% layed on the skin and started to bead far more than the 8.5% HTH

I'm offering most clients a cleansing buff wipe in this weather and suggesting they gently wipe any areas that may have a build up of normal body secretions in this weather. Chest, under the boobs, arms, creases of elbows knees etc.

I also blast them with just air afterwards to 'dry' them a little quicker, and then I offer them a big piece of cotton wool with talc on to dust over any area's that again might get body secretions, or suffer 'rub off'.

I haven't had any probs with this method xx

Sorry shouldve made myself a little clearer, both clients have had the tans at 7pm and washed off in the morning, so giving the tan alot of time to develop!
They have then gone out in hot weather and sweated and the tan has started to come off?! So its not the guide colour, its the actual tan!

One client was wearing a cream cardi round her shoulders in the night and it was plastered!! The other a champagne colour, which was covered in tan also!

Thanks guys xxx

I have not had this happen with Tantrick solution but I have noticed that clients do perspire on very humid days which takes longer for the tan to set up. What I have on hand is a small bowl with some purified talc and a jumbo dusting brush.. I dip the brush into the talc and tap off all loose powder then ever so gently brush the brush over any sticky areas... ie neckline, underarms, elbows and back of knees.

My clients ask for this in the summer as they feel their tan is 'set' and feel confident in getting dressed straight away.

:hug:

Aha....gotcha now chick!

OK, this can happen for one(or both) of two reasons. One, where the solution has a higher level of guide colour (don't really think that Sienna X is too bad, but not too experienced in their solutions so don't quote me)

Or it can be that the client hadn't a) exfoliated well in that area (thats my problem, having the ability to have a tan whenever I want, I'm a lazy exfoliator) and/or b) only gave the area a cursory rinse. In hot weather we tend to secrete more oily resdue on the skin and therefore guide colour doesn't alwasy wash away without a bit of a gentle scrub with showergel or equivalent.

I alwasy warn the client of the danger of this beforehand if they don't follow the advise to the letter, and tell them best to avoid it happening, but if they do end up with a little rub off, then it washes out no probs at 30 degrees.

Ooh, and I always tell clients having a special occasion tan that its absolutely at it utter best after 2 showers, which is not only personal opinion, but most of them agree!

Have any of you called Sienna? I think that I would probably start there....

Just done a 8.5% tonight with no problem - it's much cooler here now thank goodness!

I will try the talc tip too next time, thanks Jen - sounds a good idea.

I think it is the fact that the solutions have quite a strong guide colour but I haven't tried using ones without as I am worried about missing bits!

No I havent called them but spoken to one of there educators via PM on here! She gave me a few ideas as to what it couldve been, but I thought Id ask to get an opinion on here, see if anybody had experienced this before! :)

Thanks Lyndsay, I think the problem could be not washing off the guide colour thoroughly enough! Just spoken to my 2 ladies and they both rinsed with just water, no scrubbing, no showergel nothing just plain water!

i would agree that it hadn't been washed off thoroughly enough, I always try to make sure that I wash it all off but next time I shower I can still see a little colour in the water no matter how thorough I try to be!

I dont think that sweating would make the tan come off otherwise?

OK thanks guys! As always, you have given me the answers I needed!

xxxxxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back