Sienna-X

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luci106

Reaction score
Can i just ask a completly stupid question that is haunting my love of spray tanning?
I am paranoid about turning my clients orange and i have done my sienna training although i didnt feel that much was covered and now im left this worrying wreck after each tan i apply to the point where i am calling my clients to check everything is ok which it usually is.
Right the question is is the colour affected but spraying too much solution on the client = basically the more spray i use is there more chance they will turn into the oompa loompa look im scared of i ensure i use the right dha level but this is really getting to me now to the point where i dont actually want to spray tan anymore, all sprayers out there please give me your words of wisdom xxxx:cry:

Hi sweetheart

Don't despair - I've just sent you a PM..... Chin up !!! It's not all bad...:hug::hug::hug:

Can somebody answer this on the forum so that I can see it. I am interested in this as I am a relative newbie to tanning and also do not want to creat oompa loompa's.

Thank you.

Can somebody answer this on the forum so that I can see it. I am interested in this as I am a relative newbie to tanning and also do not wan't to creat oompa loompa's.

Thank you.

Ok so to put a reality perspective on this..to qualify as an "official oompa Loompa" you will,in addition to an apropriate colour rendering,need to be no more than 2'6",wear a boiler suit and work in a chocolate factory.

The reality is that if you trust in your training(and Sienna-X have good training) and yourself and through practice you will turn out fab tan's.
Luci you are clearly someone who is keen to get it right as you are worrying so much..that is good and already your customers are reporting a good tan..so basically you are already there:hug:
When starting out try and remember,in addition to your training, the "less is more theory" and you will be fine.
Try and estimate the amount of liquid you are using each time and strive to acheive that natural tan using as little liquid as is possible...between 20ml and 40ml max....watch the liquid in your gun resovoir and try and reduce the amount each time just a little..you will soon find "just the right amount to use"
Hoping this helps :hug:

Last edited:
:lol: hi re: spray tanning and oompa loompas . I too use sienna x please dont worry about applying too much product you will know if you do as you will have product over spray so use your buffing glove, if concerned turn gun down and stand back you can always add a little more if needed, i think you are just concientious which is a good thing, i too call new customers after their first appointment to check all is ok. Be confident it is an amazing product which i know is going to make us rich haha

re: OOMPA LOOMPAS i did my training with some serial spray tanners who had tried everything and after their sienna x tan they were addicted hence their decision to use this product as it is "probaly" the most natural tan.

how many of you use the 12.5% sienna X? I have only tried the 8.5 at the moment.......:eek:

I have a few clients who like it but mainly i use the 8% or the 10% xx

I use 8.5 & 10% but have just received some 12.5%. Not sure if I 'll be brave enough to try it out though!

i used the 12.5 the other day sherrie and boy is it dark lol i had to mix it down with an 8 to bring it back to a 10ish.

ask sienna for a sample and they can send you one out to try

hmmmm... you wanna be guinea pig Lucia? lol

I only have the 8.5% at the mo but feel that I need something darker to offer...

Never used the 12 Tantrick much but did use quite a lot of 10, does anyone know how they compare? :hug:

Scatty you wouldn't have a pic?? When you say dark, is it nice dark but not to everyone taste dark..... (what am I saying) I would love to try it!!

im quite interested to know how do youse all find sienna x 10%...
i se alot of ppl like it but i thought it was too light , ive tested it on a really fair girl (who never tans ) and an olive skinned girl..you can see a difference but they and myself would of liked it darker for both..hmmm unless its sumthing im doing x

how many of you use the 12.5% sienna X? I have only tried the 8.5 at the moment.......:eek:

I use 12.5% on me and my clients. I'm addicted to it!
Theres a 16% coming soon ladies!! xxx

I use 8.5 & 10% but have just received some 12.5%. Not sure if I 'll be brave enough to try it out though!

If you like to go dark you will love it. Just apply only one coat to the face as 2 is a bit harsh xxx

Firstly you NEVER call your clients to ask if there tan is ok. This to me doesnt look professional and it looks as if you are expecting something to go wrong.
You wont turn your client orange with Sienna huni. My sister is a red head and I use 12% on her. No orange!
You will know if you have sprayed too much because you will see it gather up into little drips. It's fine just dab with your mitt.

I think you should stop worrying hun. You can do it and no clients are going to come out orange.

I think what might help you is to spray someone you see on a regular basis. Apply their tan and see how it is the next day and so on. You will soon realise you are doing a great job.
Chin up chick have confidence in yourself :)
xxx

I was under the impression that there was only so much tan that the skin can take, ie you could do 4 coats and it would come out the same as if you just did one big coat (as it were!) I'm sure I heard (as it were) Collin say that once.

The 16% sounds terrifying! I use the 5% tantrick and that is plenty dark enough for me at least for this time of year. I have used the 8 and the 8.5 but 5 is my favourite! Lx

Firstly you NEVER call your clients to ask if there tan is ok.
xxx
Agree with you here Kylie. Although it's very tempting, I never call my clients the next day. I remind myself that hairdressers & beauty therapists don't call me the next day to see how my cut & blow-dry/manicure is. The thing to do is to become so skilled and confident that your spray tans will have only one result - excellent!

The DHA in the tanning solution causes a chemical reaction with the amino acids in the dead skin cells. It is this reaction that causes the skin to change colour. Adding more solution is not going to change the chemical reaction. It is the percentage of DHA that determines the colour and the persons natural skin colour.
My nephew is quite darked skinned and i've spray him with 16% solution and he hasn't gone orange.
They did tests on hairless mice:eek: and they were painted at regular intervals with DHA solution and they found that after such treatment the skin did not get any darker than after a single application.
Am now going to bed and will be dreaming of poor little hairless mice running around with a fake tan!!!!!!!!

I must admit to asking my first few clients to txt me with the result of their tan the following day, but this was only in the first month after training I had nothing but positive feedback so now I am confident enough not to need this reassurance. I have every confidence in my ability and product. I do use Sienna 12 % but on dancers & body builders (with the exception of 2 clients who are darker skinned) I could probably do with it being a bit darker so will look forward to the 16 % for those clients.

Can i just ask a completly stupid question that is haunting my love of spray tanning?
I am paranoid about turning my clients orange and i have done my sienna training although i didnt feel that much was covered and now im left this worrying wreck after each tan i apply to the point where i am calling my clients to check everything is ok which it usually is.
Right the question is is the colour affected but spraying too much solution on the client = basically the more spray i use is there more chance they will turn into the oompa loompa look im scared of i ensure i use the right dha level but this is really getting to me now to the point where i dont actually want to spray tan anymore, all sprayers out there please give me your words of wisdom xxxx:cry:
hi lucy i can send you something if you pm your email, x

Latest posts

Back