Silk/fibreglass wraps, still popular? What brand do you use?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
HI all

Just interested, does anyone get any call for silk/fibreglass wraps anymore?

If so what brand of products do you use? / get the best results with.

I'm just interested as i want to do them on my own natural nails to keep them nice and long and strong and not OBVIOUSLY overlayed

Thanks

Amb x

I still have some Designer Nails Fabric# stock left (thanks to Christine :hug:), I have used Millennium fibreglass products/resins but can't achieve the same finish as I can with Fabric#.

INM do a fibreglass kit, might be worth a ring to Sweet Squared to see if they currently stock it?!?

sure i read in scratch that Ruth uses and rates Edge or Millennium wraps....one of the 2..??

I adore the look of a set of well done wraps...so natural looking.

sure i read in scratch that Ruth uses and rates Edge or Millennium wraps....one of the 2..??

I adore the look of a set of well done wraps...so natural looking.

want to practise on anyone! lol

want to practise on anyone! lol

Ummmm....shall we...?? (at least its quick and easy to soak off should they look like the hills are alive with the sound of resin...pmsl)

Ummmm....shall we...?? (at least its quick and easy to soak off should they look like the hills are alive with the sound of resin...pmsl)

i've just got my own growing loverly (exept ONE:irked:) and another has a low split:irked:

So.....i just fancied a set of silk wraps over them...nice and easy to maintain...and fancy a change !

CND changed to the INM silk & fibreglass overlay system, I did my training with it, and it seems a nice system. although I don't get much call for them HTH

Sorry guys but when i spoke to Sweet squared on Monday the advised me they will no longer be distributing INM .

I would tell ya'll unless i'd heard it from the horses mouth :D hth's x

I havent done any silk wraps in ages Amb, the system I have only ever used is the one I trained in at college which is Star Nails. :hug:

Im trained to use Fabric#, and I have about 2 sets of product left, I only use it on myself now, no clients have it at all!

I always use silk/fibreglass for wraps or ext. I use Backscratchers for my products.Never have a problem with clients not wanting it..I find that alot of clients will just have whatever you offer unless they have exsisting nails and have been going somewhere else.

I find it easy to convert people to silk/fibreglass from acrylic especially as it is alot more flexible, natural etc.

I find that the most demand for wraps is with my older clients....or the ones who want to go as natural as possible...for me they have never been in "high" demand....but they are always asked for .......

I use Star nail......for my wraps....HTH'S

I miss Fabric# !!

I never get anyone ask for wraps, but there have been several times when I've recomended it to a client, after doing a consultation. I often found it by far the best for 'pickers' as they couldn't get an edge or anything to get their other nails or teeth into!

I'm watching this carefully seeing what other people are using as I'm building back up now and know I will want to start offering them again.

As a matter of personal preference I always tended to opt for silk wraps.....it was a softer finish and just seemed to last slightly longer than fibreglass....I cold never work out why as I was assured that fibreglass was just as durable when i trained.

Hi

I very rarely get asked for silk wraps. I have heard though from a fellow tech that ezflow do a really good wrap system also backscratchers too.

If your wanting something really quick and easy amb it might be worth looking at backscratchers dip resin system thats an absolute doddle to do on your own nails.

I originally trained with Star Nails f/glass wraps and found them to be ok. Now how ever, i now use EZ Flow f/glass and silk wrap system. I have found it to be stronger than the Star Nails f/g (although it was a while ago since i used this product so may have improved.) and less soak offs are needed.

I have a few f/glass clients who only have this, plus i use it on natural nail clients for repairs etc.

I Have just started doing silk wraps. I am using Soft touch wrap system by NSI. Dont know if its any good, still gettin to grips with it and dont have anything else to compare it with. I was taught to only activate 3rd layer of resin, but this system says activate every layer :confused:.

Sorry just realised my post is of no help at all :smack:, xx

I always use silk/fibreglass for wraps or ext. I use Backscratchers for my products. Never have a problem with clients not wanting it..I find that alot of clients will just have whatever you offer unless they have exsisting nails and have been going somewhere else.

I find it easy to convert people to silk/fibreglass from acrylic especially as it is alot more flexible, natural etc.

Exactly the same as me. I use Backscratchers fibreglass and wear it myself all the time. Consequently its all my clients want. Its such a natural look

I absolutly love doing fibreglass - i find it so relaxing. Sadly i never get anyone asking for it. I do do my own nails with it and it last ages.

I initially trained with The edge, but i've got all the Fabric# stuff, but never got round to doing the conversion on it.

In fact i think i might put that on my to do list!!

i've got all the Fabric# stuff, but never got round to doing the conversion on it.

In fact i think i might put that on my to do list!!

Sadly, Fabric# has been discontinued so there is no longer training or product available

I use the edge fibreglass. tried the ezflow one and star nails(pants) but ahve found the edge has the upper hand just slightly

Latest posts

Back