So how do you get on with your in laws then??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collin

the original not the fake
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Well here I sit in Hamburg today as here with my wife visiting in laws..oh and there happens to be the bigest Harley Davidson fest going on right now (great stuff).

Given that my German is somewhat..well...erm crap ..I cant really get to involved with the heat of discussion that ensues...so I have left them upstairs chatting away and catching up on old times bla bla bla while I nip to the P.C. and see what you lot are up to..

Now before this posting gets a "blog it jobby" I better had ask my question.

Ok so mother in law jokes aside as I guess the vast majority of you ladies are one:eek: here we go

"how do you get on with your in laws and do you find them supportive of what you are trying to acheive in your relationship/work or do they simply think your not good enough for their wonderfull blue eyed child."

I have to say I adore my in laws :hug:..there great ..even though I cant understand a word they say...maybe thats why I think they are great:eek:

So best wishes from Germany today :hug:

...right off to catch the Ferry across the Elbe and go see some Harley's..he he he

My husband and I NEVER mention the inlaws... that is unless we are talking about my parents lol!!! :Scared:

My mother is the most supportive kind hearted person ever...

My husbands parents are the most unkind... horrendous people that I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. My husband would totally agree with this statement so I am not speaking out of turn. :Scared:

Oh and enjoy your holiday Collin & Britta.. :hug:

My mother in law (to be ......in 5 months!!) is lovely, if a little frustrating at times!! She is 60 going on 99 lol!! But really nice and very supportive of claire and I.

My parents ...............hmmmm well my parents dont get on with ME to well!!! They certainly never thought they would get a daughter in law off me thats for sure, my mum is desperate to find something rude to say about Claire but she cant, claire is too lovely!!! My mum is not supportive of us at all. My dad is a little more flippant, I think he secretly is ok about me and claire and really likes her, but doesnt like to admit it to my mum!!

Well, I've been a mother-in-law for 4 years now and a grandmother 3 weeks ago. We get on very well with our son-in-law; he's always ribbing me because he knows he can get away with it as I like a good laugh and a joke ( was brought up with 4 brothers so I have had some stick in my life). I truly believe you have to have a sense of humour; don't interfere in their lives (unless there is something seriously wrong) and listen, listen, listen. My husband and I had our own lives and family and his mother was a bit of a control freak so we didn't get on that well. There were always petty jealousies over the children etc., so I think I have learnt from her mistakes. However, and I hate saying this .... but now I am in the same position and I kind of vaguely see where she was coming from, but I am determined that I will not make her mistakes and upset people. We rear our children, set them on the path to life and then sit back - and when it all goes wrong, as sometimes it does, parents are there to pick up the pieces. Just my honest opinion.

I get on with them very well...we all get on really well. But more importantly they adore my kids and i know would do anything for them.

Robs mum and dad are divorced and both re-married so i am lucky...i have 2 sets of inlaws...:lol:

I get on with his family very well! I think they've taken me somewhat under their wings as I've moved down from Scotland to be with my other half. I think they're really lovely people and i'm very lucky.

My other half gets on really well with my family too. He even takes the mick out of me mam in the same way as the rest of us do - in a kind way! Not nasty!

Yep, think we're very lucky indeed! :green:

:hug:

Oh... and they only take the p1ss out of my accent a wee bit! Hee hee hee!

Last edited:
My parents in law are only 5 years older than me!
His mother wasn't awfully friendly to me at first because she couldn't intimidate me, but she seems to have warmed to me over a period of 3 years.
His father is most lecherous old goat, and I disapprove of his womanising, but he's very supportive and caring, so we agree to differ on his philandering ways!

i get on fine with my in laws so long as they don't annoy me..i'm never intimmidated by them because I DON"T ALLOW THEM THAT PLEASURE..other half gets on lovely with my lot although he says my mum is a bit of a battle axe & head of the clan in a nice way ..he adores her...so no problems really ...they'll also go out their way to help.

Absolutely great .... because I don't have any LOL :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, me and my partner have been together for 10 years and his dad died 12 years ago, so I never knew him.

His mum was an absolute darling and she was just brilliant. Unfortunately she died last August, so now there are no in-laws :cry:

My parents are in a different country, so my partner doesn't have any in-laws either LOL.

My parents are a funny bunch. My mum drives me mad and is a MEGA STRESS BUNNY, where my dad is so laid back, he basically doesn't care :irked:

Marlise

I LOVE my inlaws. They are great. We had our ups and downs at the start, but, after 17 years we all understand each other, lol. I am very lucky. My sister-in-law on my side.......now thats a whole other ball game:confused::rolleyes:

I have a mum-in-law and I love her to bits. We get on extremely well and feel very comfortable in eachothers company and I call her 'mum'.

I have a mum-in-law and I love her to bits. We get on extremely well and feel very comfortable in eachothers company and I call her 'mum'.

WOW! I'd always wondered what George Clooney's mum was like! :green:

:hug:

No comment :wink2:

My huby gets on very well with my Mum, I on the other hand cant stand his! I dont know his Dad, they havent spoken for about 25 years, but the rest of his family are brilliant. His mother is a horror, my feelings for her have been aired on here so many times Im bored of saying what I really think, but suffice to say 'she does my head in'. :green:

My mom-in -law is a clone of Hyacynth Bucket !!!
for about the first 15 years of knowing her, she was very embarassing, she'd screach at you over a crowded room and make you call everybody by their full names, she could never call me Debbie it would have to be Deborah, but now she has mellowed her behaviour and I do love her to bits. My dad in law just sits there quietly I s'pose he can never get a word in edgeways, he always does what he's told-just like Richard Bucket.
Oh ! people actually try to avoid her and she is oblivious to it !!!:lol:

I too have 2 sets of in laws and I love both my MIL's to bits but the FIL's can go and get begat for all of me in their own special ways they are as bad as each other:irked:
Oh and Collin, I want photo's of the Hogs:green:

I'm pleased to say very well indeed ... they're so much nicer than the last lot!!! :lol::lol:

:)Don't have any now both mine and my husbands parents are no longer with us but.........................:eek: My ex husbands mother was ande still is a complete witch and thats all there is to say about her.

Latest posts

Back