So upset by this

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effie

Reaction score
I was asked to do a glitter stand at my child's school fair which I did and I was utterly rushed off my feet so one of the mums was asked by the school to help me out.
The long and short of it my cash and the amount of tattoos done dont tally up with cash taken so it looks like its been pocketed :0( I've no solid proof but do have lots of minor facts that tally in. It was a fair old whack and I'm utterly heart broken by this.
I was meant to be donating toward the school but now haven't really even covered my costs

I'm really sorry to hear about this you poor love:(
Have you mentioned it to the school yet?

I am so sorry to hear this my darling you must be very upset about this. It's one of those things that you will learn from and not leave yourself open in the future.

I would let the school know why you cannot contribute towards funds and they can maybe ensure this type of thing doesn't happen to anyone else in the future by warning people to keep their stuff safe.

I am afraid it's a sign of the times when even fundraising events attract thieves! Put it down to experience my darling, it will not have been personal, the people that do this type of thing are not worth your tears xxx

I've spoken to the people that planned it. What's more hurtful is I know the the person who they asked to help, she is a mum in my kids class and client.
I will still donate to school as I won't let them down, they have said the want to book me for other events as were so pleased with how it went.

Ah yes, the ever helpful 'volunteer'.
Next time take your own assistant with you, and trust nobody. If we put temptation in temptation's way I fear we can only expect the worst.
Sorry, but that's how it is.

Ah yes, the ever helpful 'volunteer'.
Next time take your own assistant with you, and trust nobody. If we put temptation in temptation's way I fear we can only expect the worst.
Sorry, but that's how it is.

Lesson learned, trust of this person also broken.

Aww Im sorry to hear this! What a shame. Is there no way of saying "oops sorry I forgot to collect the money you had taken for the xxx just realised when I've added up stock/takings, we were so busy it just slipped my mind" xx

I'm so sorry to hear that this greedy madam thought lining her own pockets was a better cause than improving their child's and other children's education.

I would be very tempted to speak with her and ask if she had noticed anyone near the cash box as a large amount of money was taken, just to see how she responds.

Unfortunately a hard lesson learned. I agree that next time you could hopefully take your own assistant, if you choose to do it again. At least you know that if you do decide to go again that you will be a hit and raising plenty of money so there is a little silver lining in there xx

She didn't take from cash box she didn't put in, in first place. I mentioned to my partner I didn't think she was as it wasn't filling up yet stand was non stop for 5 hours.
I'm not as much bothered about me losing out it is the fact I can't donate as much as I wanted to the school which was why I did it. I
I didn't once advertise my business, it wasn't about me it was about the school and children.

Aww Im sorry to hear this! What a shame. Is there no way of saying "oops sorry I forgot to collect the money you had taken for the xxx just realised when I've added up stock/takings, we were so busy it just slipped my mind" xx

Effie... Could you not say the above? :) xx

Or even send a message or call her,
'hi there dont suppose you've accidentally taken some money home the other day have you. Ive added it up and £xx is missing!!' Xx

Oh no, this is awful. Really feel for you. As said above I defiantly would say something to this lady.
"Oh, god, I totally forgot to take the money off you from helping me out, wasn't until I did the break down & noticed how much I was down, then a few people mentioned you didn't put the money in & I forgot to collect it for you, I know roughly what I am down, when can I pop round to collect it, manic day wasn't? Thank you so much for your help" x
Good luck, let us know how you get on x

I did mention via text and she called me and said we couldn't have been very busy after all then went on to say but I gave you all money didn't I sweetie! ( unprompted)

Basically I know what stock I had and what i have left and from what's been used to what takings I had there is financial difference of over £200 that should be in the tin

Oh no. I'd be so tempted to make something up like. 'Thanks for getting back to me, I am down exactly £x. But not to worry, the school said that they will review some of their cctv footage to get to the bottom of this. Thanks for helping me out. X'

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I did mention via text and she called me and said we couldn't have been very busy after all then went on to say but I gave you all money didn't I sweetie! ( unprompted)

Basically I know what stock I had and what i have left and from what's been used to what takings I had there is financial difference of over £200 that should be in the tin

£200!!! :eek::eek: Christ thats a lot!

I thought you were talking about £30 missing maybe.

I'd be tempted to have a chat then, perhaps not come across as though you are blatently accusing her because the sad fact is that you have no proof, but tell her you are going to report it to the police and school, maybe that would shake her up, I dunno. But i would find it hard to let it lie.

And if shes a client, well she aint no more.
You might have put it down to experience (albeit a very very bad experience), like some one said take a family member with you to help next time. x

Oh no. I'd be so tempted to make something up like. 'Thanks for getting back to me, I am down exactly £x. But not to worry, the school said that they will review some of their cctv footage to get to the bottom of this. Thanks for helping me out. X'

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Or this

I've left in hands of PTA but informed all involved what they plan to do (contact the police and check CCTV)

I've left in hands of PTA but informed all involved what they plan to do (contact the police and check CCTV)

Hope it gets sorted for you xx

This is awful effie, no wonder you are feeling so bad. £200 is way too much for things to not just add up. Are you going to take it further? How about saying you have to report it to the police after talking to your insurance company about loss of earnings or something? It doesn't matter that it's not the truth, but please don't let this go.

I would call her back and say...Are you absolutely sure, because I cannot understand how this could happen. I would then report it and let them go and see her. Of course it would be difficult to prove, but, you are showing her that you will not be made a mug of and it would hopefully shake her up. This makes me so mad!

I don't want to throw a spanner in the works, but are you sure your 'volunteer' is the only culprit? Could anyone else get to the money? Did she know you were actually charging?

It would be awful if this person was innocent especially as she is a client as well. I think I would say something to her directly . It would be awful if it came from someone else and you know how these school mums like to gossip :).

Plus, it will play on your mind forever and if you're anything like me, I would just blurt it out one day and upset everyone involved. I think it's better to get to the bottom of it now, don't let it brew. If it is her, she may well not admit to it, but she'll have to live with the guilt.

Latest posts

Back