Solar comedones

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my hubby hates it when he telling me something and I have this distracted look on my face observing something on his face he ends up saying 'you can f*** off, your not sqeezing it'

Your all going to be disturbed here but I once squeezed out a clients deep rooted commedones in her - wait for it - UNDERARM.:eek:

Im sorry to say they were fantastic - best ever. Love my job!!!

Also love ingrown hairs...they are the best!!!

Your all going to be disturbed here but I once squeezed out a clients deep rooted commedones in her - wait for it - UNDERARM.:eek:

Also love ingrown hairs...they are the best!!!

I know - the underarm ones are great! really deep too!

I must admit I hadn't heard of these until reading this thread (just thought they were an extreme comedone:)). Thanks for the information.

Oh wow.. I want some!!! I have open pores on my nose which are gross unless I have make up on... but those things.. mmm I would just love to squeeze them!

I remember in a nursing home, a guy had what must only be a comedone then, as it was huge and black and on his body. He was Mentally Ill and Elderly and my friend was the nurse on duty at the time and I tried squeezing it, with permission of course.. but the damn thing wouldn't budge and the chap was getting upset - he couldn't speak, only grunt and whack me :eek:

I was always disgusted at how the Nursing staff could leave him with what looked like he had been stabbed with a lead pencil!

Now I know what it is!

Great thread, and great input - loved the pics... would love to get my hand on that first woman!

And to all those of you who love spot squeezing and blackhead tweezing - getting old aint so bad - you got Comedones to look forward to :green:

the basics of what I understand a solar comedon are: it is an exsisting comedone and the sun enlarges the pore or rather uv rays on the skin and so the oil inside stretches with the pore.

But I just found this which is worded better:
Most patients have had high exposure to UV radiation and the solar damage to the supporting dermis allows the pilo sebaceous duct to become more easily distended .

HOpe this helps!!!

Becki xxx

ooooh ps. apparently you can get solar acne!

also, comedones found in the underarm area are usually due to the alumminum content in deodorants clogging the pores. These are prone to smelling aswell when extracted - you probably knew this but thought i'd put it anyway

Becki xxx

the basics of what I understand a solar comedon are: it is an exsisting comedone and the sun enlarges the pore or rather uv rays on the skin and so the oil inside stretches with the pore.

But I just found this which is worded better:
Most patients have had high exposure to UV radiation and the solar damage to the supporting dermis allows the pilo sebaceous duct to become more easily distended .

HOpe this helps!!!

Becki xxx

ooooh ps. apparently you can get solar acne!

so does the pore enlarge because the sun shrivels the surrounding skin ?

i'm not a skin tech, just a nosey nail tech !

no from what i understand the uv rays kill off your collagen and elastin which lie in the layers of your skin, because of this it makes the skin sag and less taught and so the pores get floppy - i think basically!!

Oh yuk! The blackhead ones look easily removable.. it's the ones under the skin that I would be hate to be saddled with!

I would love to squeeze those big black ones... anybody want an apprentice?! :lol:

under the skin congestion can be improved by exfoliation usually
Becki xxx

I used to get underskin congestion around my mouth from using cream self tans - spray tan is fine.

no from what i understand the uv rays kill off your collagen and elastin which lie in the layers of your skin, because of this it makes the skin sag and less taught and so the pores get floppy - i think basically!!

gotcha, that makes a lot of sense.

great thread...
another nosy nail tech here

Are white spots under the skin the same thing? My friend has a group of these on her cheeks. She has been scraping the skin of the top of them and they pop out, but i've noticed that this has left a red graze like mark on her skin in place of the spots. Are they also called milia?

Thanks

ps my husband has some comedones on his back and i squeeze them with my long nails, and big long worm like gunk comes out!! why do i do it??

great thread...
another nosy nail tech here

Are white spots under the skin the same thing? My friend has a group of these on her cheeks. She has been scraping the skin of the top of them and they pop out, but i've noticed that this has left a red graze like mark on her skin in place of the spots. Are they also called milia?

Yes, they are called milia and are sometimes caused by severe dehydration of the skin, as I learnt last night at my aromatherapy class :)

Interesting article..Thanx all

OMG!!!
I've only made it to page 2 of this. Not feeling brill at the mo but might even have to go to a completely different site to try and forget this....:eek:

If I dont manage to get back to this, I def think there should be some kind of meet at Excel for us skin geeks to discuss!!! :lol:

millia are also a classic case of a dry skin and they shouldnt be scrapped off!!!

Some therapists are trained to remove milia with a lance and this is the safest way to them!

OMG I am seriously a nail geek through and through because this is totally grossing me out!!! Fascinating though.

milia is a classic sign of dryness and dehydration, best way to remove them is to get a pro to do it if you aren't one - as the skin has to have some exfoliation and heat applied to it to try and warm the area before the skin is pierced and the milia extracted. personally I love extracting milia

Think I need to go out more.....:rolleyes: .

ps bexi you are full of useful information, I am learning lots each day off this thread!

Latest posts

Back