Spiders!!!!! Are you afraid?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahnailz

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Oh my gosh, my Daughter just spotted the biggest house spider we have ever seen climbing the stairs towards her. She was so frightened she was in like a trance. I am absolutely petrified myself and had to step over the thing to get to my baby. I ended up asking my rather old Neighbour to catch it in a glass. I can't relax now as I keep expecting the spider to come back. Is anyone else as scared as me of spiders? xxxx

yes. I think you were brave in letting it live. Any spider that enters my house has to die.

im the same im petrified of spiders! cant stand them in my house, thankfully my partners house is near enough spider free!

I'm terrified of them lol :eek:
if they are in my house they have to die :lol: but i cant squash them as it makes me feel sick when they squelch so they go up the hover pipe :lol::lol::lol:

I hate them so my 16 year old daughter has to get rid of them :)
Hate moths more though! I absolutely freak if i have a moth in the house!

I'm terrified of them! We've had a few recently so I send the cats after them :Scared:

My mum loves them (god knows why!) she talks to them, and the other day she found one dead in her sink (shame... pah!) she tried to recucitate it :eek:

I've also been told that if you suck them up the hoover they can live and crawl back out! Or lay eggs in there and then the hoover is infested with the dam things!!

Sorry if you don't like them but I love them:green:

I always make sure there aren't any in the salon or training room as I know lots of people have phobias about them.

I would never kill one, they are living creatures after all, but I do put them at the bottom of the garden if I know I have clients/students that day.

We have two enormous spiders which keep coming back in, I think they must be an :Love:item :Love:

I used to be scared of them...but when i had kids of my own i didn't want to pass my fear onto them....so i try and be very brave when they shout "mum....spider"....i really hate killing them cos i just feel cruel. I try and just put a beaker over it remove it. It depends how big they are....if they are like medium size i can happily let it crawl away and leave it alone....but if its a really big one...and i ain't feeling brave....i throw a towel on it and just jump up and down on the towel like a crazy person....saying sorry over and over...:lol:

am so frightened of them I have thought of hypnosis (sp) It has started to rule my life, I panic feel sick just go to piece's, anyone tried hypnosis ?

To be honest, I personaly won't kill them because I am too scared to! I convince my self they are going to do some sort of ninja move and run really fast up my leg or some thing daft.

I have had hypnosis for my fear of spiders and it has really helped. Don't get me wrong, I still hate them but it has really helped me to learn to cope with being in the room with them and things. The reason I did it is because I used to work with horses and there are squillions of them near the ponies obviously as they are outside so it is something I knew I would have to deal with.
Incedentally spiders are canibals so if you have a mahoosive one in your house it will be the only one and the female kills the male in many breeds of spider, not just the black widow so having one massive one is better than a smaller one. Apparently if you name them too and just keep track of them it can help you to rationalise your fears. It works for me anyway. Good luck all you arachnophobes out there. Spider season is upon us! Lx
Posted via Mobile Device

yes and no lol I don't like them and scream if they catch me unaware :lol: but am very brave put a glass over then slide a bit card in and throw them out the window, I dont kill them but in thinking do they survive being thrown out 3 floors up?? lol daddylong legs are my pet hate and moths because they fly at me! I swear a huge daddy longlegs chased me round my bedroom a few weeks ago I smashed it with a rolled up magazine :lol:
xx

I'll be brave and admit that I used to be scared of them, but now I am a lot calmer when I see one. I can remove them from the house now without too much fuss.

I'm so afraid of them!

Spiders freak me out.

Though when I was 8 years old I used to spend my summer days desperately trying to get a garden spider to bite me in my back yard so that I could spider swing to school every day instead of walking.

Poor Sonia is petrified of spiders! I had to exterminate a fairly large one for her this morning, which goes against my Buddhist principles, but I guess it's better than seeing your wife in a state of terror!

Usual extermination technique is splatting them with my shoe...
Posted via Mobile Device

Spiders freak me out.

Though when I was 8 years old I used to spend my summer days desperately trying to get a garden spider to bite me in my back yard so that I could spider swing to school every day instead of walking.

love it, a Peter Parker wannabe :lol:

I love spiders they dont bother me at all, I love to watch them weaving their webs and if there is morning dew on the web I can sit fascinated. My grandma taught me that its bad luck to kill spiders, so regardless of size I leave them alone, they will find their way outside eventually, unless its huge then I generally use my GHD box to catch them and place outside.

I also love bees, they are such a beautiful insects and its ace to see them burrowing in the flowers for pollen, their bums wiggling in the process. If you look close enough you can see the pollon on their bodies. The other day I found one that had died in my yard I felt so sorry for it, I wrapped it up in some toilet paper and placed in the bin, I didnt want one of the dogs to eat it :eek:

When I was a child I used to keep stick insects, which went on to have babies, lol. I loved my stick insects, I think I named them but I cant remember the names :lol:

yes I am weird, I know that, especially as my phobia as already mentioned in another thread is buttons LOL!!

anne xx

I tolerate them, no fear of them though.

My sister always wanted me to kill them for her, as she's in a panic if she sees one.

At my home I have an agreement with them, which I announce whenever I come across a newbie: as long as they stay above a given height (set by me) they can live (and they will have to accept that I remove their web once or twice at week). If I catch them going below they are terminated, nobody ever tries to go below more than once LOL:D

Not afraid of them but...

I was driving home the other day and there was a 'crumb' of something on my steering wheel. I thought it might be a clump of dirt or a speck of the morning's peanut butter toast. All of a sudden, the crumb 'came to life' and it was a SPIDER. :eek: Well, I freaked out and was swerving in two lanes of traffic.

So, although I'm not afraid of them, I don't want them anywhere NEAR me. LMAO!

Latest posts

Back