Spray tan has made me feel ill :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollyGold

Reaction score
Since swapping from sienna x to nouvatan I have been so busy!

My clients love it. Anyways I've done so many tans today that I've come home really Ill. It's my own fault really as I should have wore a mask.

I have a extractor fan in my tanning room.

I've had a bath, a cuppa and now I'm about to get into bed, but I really can't be Ill, I have brown stuff coming out my nose (sorry) and my throat is so sore!

Has anyone had this before? (I'm sure it's because of how busy I was today)

I hope It's gone tomorrow! Never not wearing a mask again :(

Oh Holly you poor thing, how many did you do? I've had it running out of my nose after having a tan before! Yuck!

I have it after just one or two tans - makes me think I should really get some masks if I do more than 1 or 2 in a day...

There ARE however SO many bugs going round at the moment that you might just have a cold... I know I'm coming down with one as are huby and sproglet... DARNED IT lol

Hope your feeling okay, makes you not feel grate, i know how you feel I've done a few today and now have a migraine, I ended up having a nose bleed as well! I never ever have them x

I really hope it's not a cold, I can't afford to be ill :(

My ear feels like its clogged up tho. I'm so silly, I'm never going with out a mask.

I came home feeling fine, had my dinner, went on my computer and updated my website then bang I just felt really rubbish.

I had 9 tans altogether today, but 6 one after the other,

Hopefully It will stay nice and I can have a window open to air my room more

I get this sometimes you really should get the nose things, the overspray does get to you (if you've ever blown your nose after doing a couple of sprays you'll know what i mean)

I'm really chatty with my clients, I actually think I'll feel rude wearing a mask tho and there no way I could speak, wearing a mask and a loud machine lol.
However I'm feel so bad, my throat, nose and ear :( so I'm just go. A wear one, I've got a few but I'm gonna see if I can get a pink one and out some diamonds on it lol, make it look abit nicer x

hope you feel better soon :-(

Should be fairly easy to make something like that if you have the time :) if it was easier to get various colours I'd say it was a fab idea but I doubt anyone does lilac or purple ones lol

aww i hope you're ok, although your post did make me giggle about the brown stuff coming out your nose... i did a tanning party once and when i got home and looked in the mirror i had a brown 'spray tan' hitler tash! i was so embarrised that i'd been tanning and talking to these people with it on my face :lol:

Since swapping from sienna x to nouvatan I have been so busy!

My clients love it. Anyways I've done so many tans today that I've come home really Ill. It's my own fault really as I should have wore a mask.

I have a extractor fan in my tanning room.

I've had a bath, a cuppa and now I'm about to get into bed, but I really can't be Ill, I have brown stuff coming out my nose (sorry) and my throat is so sore!

Has anyone had this before? (I'm sure it's because of how busy I was today)

I hope It's gone tomorrow! Never not wearing a mask again :(

I feel your pain Holly, I get this constantly!! I blow my nose between each spray tan and that normally does the trick!! I think masks are the way forward but I completely agree with you about feeling rude and not being able to talk properly!!

Hope you feel better soon, rest up over the weekend :) xx

OMG i hope your feeling better soon.
Ive never had this tho im mainly mobile so i get out and about with the fresh air so maybe thats why. I do run a studio from home but just started so never had people in for a full day yet x

Sometimes I get this. I try to blow my nose between tans now and make sure I have a drink. Sometimes it just a combination of not drinking much when you're busy and breathing the tan in. I couldn't wear a mask either, it'd be too sweaty I reckon, plus you might end up with tan marks around your face as I sure you always get a little bit brown from each spray you do. My feet get brown sometimes!

This is really intersting Holly as I started a thread on here a few weeks ago asking if anyone DOES wear a mask!?!?! My mum was saying it must be bad for you to breathe it in a lot. I am definitely going to buy a mask now as I don't want to find I have lung problems in the future!!! Glad it's warmer now though so can have windows open. It's the way forward!

Hope you feel better soon.

Francesca

This is really intersting Holly as I started a thread on here a few weeks ago asking if anyone DOES wear a mask!?!?! My mum was saying it must be bad for you to breathe it in a lot. I am definitely going to buy a mask now as I don't want to find I have lung problems in the future!!! Glad it's warmer now though so can have windows open. It's the way forward!

Hope you feel better soon.

Francesca

I know, when I deep clean my room i can't believe how many sponges I use lol, my walls change colour and my window frames are just a mess! Thinking about all that in your lungs isn't nice! Might as well smoke lol.

I feel much better today, still had brown when I blew my nose. But don't feel cloudy any more :) x

Hi
glad your feeling better. I expect it is the tanning, Im always rattling on about wearing a mask PLEASE do! The FP 2 or FP 3's are easily obtainable, go on easily and you can talk through them! Initially like anything alien and new they take while to get used to, but you do and I wouldnt do one tan without one. I did 16 tans last night back to back Thurs as well as 6 in one session last night and Wed several girls and without the mask would have all your symptoms, plus banging headache, that cloudy feeling you mention is exactley how you feel from breathing in the spray. I also used to get tight chested in the early days. Breathing anything like this in in volume cant reallly be good for you over the years I wouldnt of thought, dont want to risk it anyway - for the sake of a £2 mask! They are washable and can be worn dozens of times before wearing out.:cool:

I just feel if I wore a mask my clients would think there was something in it that they shouldn't be inhaling! And would wonder why I was wearing one and they weren't :-/

@GlamourEyes you could just explain to them that you protecting yourself as you are inhaling a lot of spray as you are carrying out the treatment many times in a day, whereas they are inhaling a tiny amount of spray, which is perfectly safe for them. Xx

Just tell them breathing it in all day makes you sneeze :)

I just feel if I wore a mask my clients would think there was something in it that they shouldn't be inhaling! And would wonder why I was wearing one and they weren't :-/

This is what is worrying me. I am new to tanning. I do totally understand why we should wear one. I think I will order some.

Lilian x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back