Spray tan not turned out - can hardly see it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinkywinky

Reaction score
Hi

Please for can you help me?

I did a tan at 5.30 last night and received a text from the lady saying you can hardly see the tan.

I've got another two people booked in tonight, but they are now worried it won't take.

I'm not sure what to do here, I did explain that tans sometimes don't take. What should I say?

I am going to ring Beau Bronz and ask them what to do.

I know she left it on 8 hours minimum.

ANy advice much appreciated! I don't want to lose custom or upset peeps.

Thanks!!

Perhaps it is still developing chuck, it can take up 24 hours.

Or is she perhaps on her period, this can affect the way a tan takes.

Was it maybe a low % solution?

I would try and book a time to see her, her opinion and yours may be very diffirent.

Try not to worry chuck, there will be an explanation

:hug::hug::hug::hug:

It's a 9% DHA so not that pale. Not sure what's happened. Bit disheartening!

It's a 9% DHA so not that pale. Not sure what's happened. Bit disheartening!

Did you make sure you disributed the solution in the bottle before using the spray. I once had this with a solution I had not used for a while and just picked up the bottle without dispersing it.. and my client said her tan hadnt taken. She came back to show me the following day and sure enough it hadnt taken, well only very very slightly, not like the usual tan she gets on other occations, so I resprayed and she had a super tan the 2nd time round.

Last edited:
Is this the first spraytan this customer has had with you or ever??

Remember we are all different and take different times for a tan to develope..have trust in your technique and the liquid you use...if all your other customers have been happy with the job you have done for them then thios one should be also....if the tan doesnt take then there is something specific that is wrong with this customers reaction.
Dont be to hasty or get all upset and start getting confidence level crisis...aproach this as a pro.

Its still early days and the tan could well still develope...get her back this evening and have a look for yourself..get her to show you a body part where her underwear was when she had the tan so you can see the colour variant.

Far to many people jump and panic to quickly..take this step by step and talk with the customer...bet you find all will end well.
Good luck:hug:

"Did you make sure you disributed the solution in the bottle before using the spray. I once had this with a solution I had not used for a while and just picked up the bottle without dispersing it".. -

sorry Jen not sure what you mean by this?

"Did you make sure you disributed the solution in the bottle before using the spray. I once had this with a solution I had not used for a while and just picked up the bottle without dispersing it".. -

sorry Jen not sure what you mean by this?

Sorry flower.. I meant before opening your bottle of solution.. did you gently shake the solution to disperse the liquid... often the solutions are made from natural products these days and as such need to be shaken up a little before using. I turn my bottle down and up a couple of times.. I don't acutally shake it into a frothy mess.. just so that the liquid mixes all the ingredients together before using.

Thanks for your replies. Just tried ringing the tan company no answer. Great.

So I will have faith in myself and my product. I told her that on some people it doesn't develop so she was aware.

xx

Yes I shook it gently from side to side,

This happened to me. As i was spraying i cold see that the tan was just sitting on my clients skin. I asked her what moisturiser she used she said baby oil the night before.

We tried again the following day this time without her usual use of baby oil and everything was fine.

I give mine a proper good shake... same happened to me once. Since then i dont chance it!!

xx

I had the same thing with a new customer a couple of weeks ago she didnt take, could hardly see a difference where her underwear had been! I sprayed her again and she said it was good the second time but I didnt actually see it for myself... I sprayed her a higher % second time round :eek:

I thought maybe she had exfoliated using an oily product? maybe she had moisturised? but she assured me she hadn't.. didnt know time of the month could stop you developing!

Hope you get to the bottom of it :hug:

Hormones can affect a tan strangely enough. Not sure how much time of the month can affect it, but I'm 34 weeks pregnant and my regular tan just isn't developing properly. I may as well not use it.:irked:

Hormones can affect a tan strangely enough. Not sure how much time of the month can affect it, but I'm 34 weeks pregnant and my regular tan just isn't developing properly. I may as well not use it.:irked:

Unfortunatley this is common with a lot of pregnant females..especially with the first timers when it seems to be worse..I do feel for you ladies when you still want to look goergouse with the little extra help from a spraytan.:hug:

Just a thought for you though and don't know if this will work but may be wrth trying an aerosol type spraytan...maybe just worth a shot???

Good luck with the bambino day though :hug:

didnt know time of the month could stop you developing!

Gosh yes.. I have two ladies that come every week during the spring and summer.. and last year it was a right mare at first trying to work out why one week it wouldn't take as well.. we got a pattern and I asked them both were they menstruating and both agreed they were. So each 4th appointment I went a shade darker and then returned back down a shade the following week. Seemed to do the trick. Out of all the clients I had last year, I only saw it in two though... so not the norm maybe? :hug:

I called the client, she said she doesn't tan in the sun. Hence why the tan has not turned out that dark. Maybe? Have booked to go re-spray her.

Called the company who supplies the tan, who I have to say werent as helpful as usual and told me I should be using a different solution :eek: (which is£100+ per bottle). This also has a higher DHA.

Why would I want to use a higher DHA on someone very fair???!!!:eek::lol:

This is not why I called, I called to ask what I should do not to be told I had to change to a more expensive solution over £100 per bottle. (sales tactic?)

Anyway I got no help from them really, learned zilch, so thanks to the people on here who have helped me! xxx

I would change the company that you use!

£100 a bottle EEEEEK!

x

Yes. And that's the customer service I get! I explained I can't buy every bottle in their range as I am now a single parent!

I called the client, she said she doesn't tan in the sun. Hence why the tan has not turned out that dark.

Just as a matter for the record and to give you some additional infomation without boring you with to much tecno stuff ........just because a person doesn't tan with UV (sunlight) that doesnt mean they wont tan with DHA...the tanning process is completly different.

A spraytan actually stains the ameno acids in the skin whereas UV tanning developes through a completly different process.

I therefore do suspect that the problem this customer may(have you seen her yet??) be having actually has nothing to do with this issue
hope that helps :hug:

blinking hell £100 a bottle ..I think I must be doing something wrong...right where's that calculator...maybe that desert island ownership dream may just become a reality...I wish:lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back