Star nails quattro

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil_miss_me

Reaction score
hey ive been on a website and seen the star nails quattro silver glitter, snow white quattro and strawberry cream quattro just wondered if any of you have used it and how do you use it? as it doesnt really give much info on the website.
thanks

Hi hun, I havent used it but it looks like a gel that can be painted on like polish and cured for 2 mins from what I can see..x

I havent used it but have used quattro yrs ago and it has a great shine. the white would be handy as you just paint it on like polish and cure.

quattro has been around for years.....i'm guessing thats why they've introduced the new versions.

from the united beauty website -
'An invaluable versatile gloss UV gel that can be used in numerous ways. It is a high gloss UV sealer for all systems, cutting out the need for buffing and also maintenance between salon visits, it is a natural nail wrap and can be used with or without fibreglass as a natural nail strengthener. It is also ideal for use as a nail lacquer or nail art protector. Requires a UV lamp.'

i have only used the original quattro but am interested in trying the new ones!

you paint it on like polish and cure for a couple of minutes, no need to remove the sticky layer as there isn't one! you just apply, cure and then apply cuticle oil xx

thanks for your replies :) i think im going to try the uv quattro out might be good for my airbrush nail art
thanks Bianca

hi bianca, i am an educator for united beauty, quattro is a lovely product, just apply it like a polish, cure for 2-3 minutes, no need to wipe after. apply cuticle oil but dont rub onto nail as it dampends the shine. white quattro make sure you give it a good shake. also we are launching 4 new colours at the manchester show.
and questions dont hesitate to ask
gemma.

I'm a great advocate of Quattro, although I've only ever used the clear. It's fab over polish.

can you apply straight over final coat of polish once dry?

yes you can then just cure for 2 - 3 mins.

thanks gemma, just bought the silver glitter, strawberry cream and clear to try! They look fab!
Cant wait to find out what the new colours are!:)

Just bumping this up to see how folks are getting on with the new quattro gels. I have just ordered the snow white to try.

I am hoping I can market it as a long lasting french polish as an alternative to acrylic.

I love the quattro range....hope they continue to add more colours!

i have some quattro and i find it better then the nsi glaze n go :) but these colours that are due out ,,,, are they like a coloured gel for instance . say a paint on semi perm colour ?? and when they out? also the glitter silver ... is tha just clear with glitter bits in ?? thanks

I take it the coloured quatro u mentioned are the same as the polishes of the same name?

can the quattro go over the top of normal polish as a long lasting top coat? might try them out. ive got a gel top coat which is bruch on like a polish and ive tried that over polishes and it cracks the polish...

can the quattro go over the top of normal polish as a long lasting top coat? might try them out. ive got a gel top coat which is bruch on like a polish and ive tried that over polishes and it cracks the polish...

This has been tried with mixed results. Apparently it may work if the polish is completely dry, i.e at least 1 hours later (?) I did try it on a french polish over natural nails and it chipped! This is why I am keen to try the quattro gels in french.

This has been tried with mixed results. Apparently it may work if the polish is completely dry, i.e at least 1 hours later (?) I did try it on a french polish over natural nails and it chipped! This is why I am keen to try the quattro gels in french.

I use quattro.

To use as a top coat for polish is no good unless the polish has totally & completely dried - like a few hours or even the next day. If you applied it over a newly applied polish, then cure - it will 'crinkle' up the polish as the quattro shrinks during curing - it's a lesson I learnt & had to buff the lot off & re-apply the polish using a normal topcoat.
I have Quattro over my current polish (Nubar's 'Greener' which is fab) and I applied it the next day - with no problems whatsoever - it's 2 and a half weeks old now & no problems.
It's the only way I can wear enamels/polishes, as they come off as soon as I use my scrubfresh without a UV topcoat.
HTH's
xx

Have to say when i used it i did put it over a polish (it was one of the OPI designer collection) but only used one coat of polish as the client wanted a more sheer effect and used it about 20 mins later with no probs like you say i think the polish just has to be really dry, which isn't always terribly practical.

I used the clear quattro over a clients polish yesterday after applying polish the day before and today its gone dull, it was a silver polish..xx

Yep I've tried glaze n go over polish and it goes like crazy paving!!
I'd like to try a french in this for myself as I'm interested in wearing it polish style as I'm a l&p girl but cant do my other hand!
Somehow though I can manage a mean french polish but of course it doesnt last while I'm working:irked:
Any feedback would be great from you quattro users!
Thanks in advance
Jayneym :hug:

Latest posts

Back