Starting a Vinylux collection, help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa pink

Reaction score
Hi geeks I'm usually a gelish girl but love the sound of the new vinylux collection , I use china glaze. I've just received the mini colours and test driving then so far so good, if I decide to change to this collection what colours would be good to start off with as not familiar with shellac colours. What's most popular ? :)

I would be interested to know this too. Also currently using gelish but would like to get some normal polishes too and these sound fab. Would love to know 8-10 must haves!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I use mainly shellac and have some gelish and vinylux, the colours I bought are

The bright pinkies set

2 topcoats
Bicycle yellow
Cream puff
Electric orange
Fedora
Gilded pleasure
Grapefruit sparkle
Cake pop
Romantique
Tropix
Tutti fruits
Wildfire

If I were you I would look at the Vinylux colours available online, and see which ones match what your clients already like in the Gelish range.
If you know your clients, what they like and what suits them then you should make the right choices.

I think it's a bit too early to say in terms of retail popularity. I agree with Izzidoll in choosing colours that are the closest match to your existing Gelish favourites. The metallics and nudes are amazing. There are 62 to choose from so if you're using them for manicure services same rules apply as starting off with any other polishes/gel systems personally I'd start with

French white
French pink
Classic Red
Darker red
a dark like fedora/dark lava
a purple
a coral/orange
yellow
green
blue - light and navy
a sparkle like grapefruit sparkle
black
a nude
a metallic
a light pink
a hot pink

That would be 15 to get you off to a good start - don't forget plenty of topcoat.

That's brill thankyou so much :)

I'm Gelish too and I got:

Gotcha
Tropix
Tutti Frutti
Romantique
Baroness
Dark Lava
Grape gum
Waterpark
Limeade
Powder my nose
Grapefruit sparkle
Locket love
Cream puff (really opaque white)
Blackpool

I want the Orange but it was out of stock and i also want the yellow, midnight blue and Azure blue, I also need another top coat.

I also think these will be great for nail art too.

A pedicure client of mine doesn't like gels on her fingers (cos she picks) but wants to book to have this done next week. So I've gained more business from her by adding Vinylux. :D

Does anyone know what colours come in the 10+2 intro pack here Vinylux Intro Pack (10+2) I am quite tempted by it, but it doesn't state what colours they are and I can't really see the pic. x

Intro Kit colours are; Cream puff, Romantique, Negligee, Beau, Hot pop pink, Wildfire, Decadence, Masquerade, Feodora, Rock Royalty. It was posted in another thread I ordered it yesterday so am not 100% sure if this is correct until it arrives x

I use Gelish and bought the shellac colours that I see mentioned the most!

Cream Puff
Grapefruit Sparkle
Cake Pop
Pink Bikini (exact match for gelish Passion)
Lobster Roll (v close to Tiger Blossom)
Wildfire
Decadence
Lilac Longing
Blue Rapture (not in shellac but I though it looked nice!)
Blackpool

Not the biggest collection in the world but I don't have that many polish clients so I played safe!

Hi

I have tried a few colours on friends and customers. I have done Gilded Pleasure on 2 of them and it really got the wow factor from them. Once people see it on the nail they are over the moon.

Hi

I have tried a few colours on friends and customers. I have done Gilded Pleasure on 2 of them and it really got the wow factor from them. Once people see it on the nail they are over the moon.

Does the Guilded Pleasure show up as gold/green? The swatch on CND shows the greeny side but all of the pictures of painted nails is just gold. It looks fab on the swatch! Haha

I started off with 10 different colours I now have 40ish (mumble*;)I'm hooked they are a pleasure to polish with, I'd forgotten just how satisfying it was to use a polish :)
Does the Guilded Pleasure show up as gold/green? The swatch on CND shows the greeny side but all of the pictures of painted nails is just gold. It looks fab on the swatch! Haha
Guilded Pleasure is beautiful I'm wearing it now when you move the nails they are green/gold :)

Fab, it looks great on the swatches.

Also, i've noticed on other threads a few people saying they bought their Vinylux on Ellisons, i've just done an order of a few other bits and bobs and cannot see Vinylux on there? Is it just me being daft? (Probably) :lol:

Just wondered if many of you have bought the intro kit with 10 colours as cant decided if its best to buy that to start with or buy seperate colours, new to cnd so not sure what the colours are like and which are most popular.

I've just had an enquiry for a pinkie lilac colour and wondered whether you can layer like you can with Shellac? If so do you have any suggestions? I think lilac longing may be too lilac on its own. Also, what are you retailing at? I've got a couple of shellac clients that want to buy a colour to take on holiday just in case! Thank you xx

. Also, what are you retailing at? I've got a couple of shellac clients that want to buy a colour to take on holiday just in case! Thank you xx

Per bottle £9.95
or top coat and colour together £15.95

That the rrp from s2 :)

Per bottle £9.95
or top coat and colour together £15.95

That the rrp from s2 :)

Thank you. I've been looking everywhere on the S2 site for RRP! X

I've just had an enquiry for a pinkie lilac colour and wondered whether you can layer like you can with Shellac? If so do you have any suggestions? I think lilac longing may be too lilac on its own. Also, what are you retailing at? I've got a couple of shellac clients that want to buy a colour to take on holiday just in case! Thank you xx

You can layer, blend, mix with glitters, use under glitters/additives and generally just franken whatever you want. Creativity has endless possibilities :D

Summer Brights minis rrp is 19.95.

Latest posts

Back