Stick ons for fashion shows ...?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

CND EA. Essie Spokesperson
Reaction score
Hi all
In the Creative look book there are some interesting shots of rows upon rows of stick on nails... Im assuming these are temporary and cover the whole nail and are to save on time when there are a number of models to prune before they hit the catwalk.

What tips are these? and how are they stuck on?
Afriend of mine is have a fashion show with other shops and she enquired if I would be interested in doing the nails for the show... naturally I am but honestly Ive never done this before and would like a few tips if any of you have some to share
thanks a million!

Cait x

53 views and noone knows?
Or is it just that my question is a bit ...dumb?
thanks

Caitx

sorry Cait ... I never saw this post.

The nail tips are a secret and so is the way they are stuck on ... sorry.

The nails are all made PRE SHOW as of course, the nail art etc could not possibly be done back stage at a show and the design team work on them weeks and weeks before shows.

It is actually very cool how they are fixed on but it is a CND trade secret I'm afraid.

sorry Cait ... I never saw this post.

The nail tips are a secret and so is the way they are stuck on ... sorry.

The nails are all made PRE SHOW as of course, the nail art etc could not possibly be done back stage at a show and the design team work on them weeks and weeks before shows.

It is actually very cool how they are fixed on but it is a CND trade secret I'm afraid.
How very intriguing........now I really want to know too. How could they possibly do it that could be so ingenious as to need to be a trade secret?

Well that would be telling wouldn't it?

Could it be chewing gum ?:lol:

Well I'm not going to tell you the flavour!!!

Maybe it's that really strong glue for furniture, "No more nails"!!!

Well I'm not going to tell you the flavour!!!
Aha I knew it. I find that the spearmint doesn't give any lifting:green:

OOO OOO **JUMPS UP AND DOWN. HAND UP.** I know. Denture glue!

Ohhh .. so maybe it wasnt such a silly question in the end LOL!! My guess... only because I loathe not to guess is double sided sticky tape... tra lah lah.....anyways
OK , where there is an obstacle I see a challenge.... and a possible solution:idea:

let me rephase my inital post...

''My friend is having a fashion show and would like me to help her out ... has anyone who has done this type of work before got any backstage tips for me without giving away trade secrets naturally ... !?''

as we have posts on tips in the salon, media work tips & tricks will be interesting to read too

he hee :green:

Cait x

Last edited:
There is no way you are going to get to find out trade secrets like that hun :lol:,
why don't you just paint some tips, shape them to the nail shape of a willing guinea pig and experiment (this is how everything begins) with different safe ways of fixing them non permanently to the nail plate,
remember models are not doing anything with their hands once these have been applied, all they do is strut their stuff up and down the cat walk hth

Sorry but is there any chance one of you can post a picture of these nails..

I am struggling to picture exactly what they are like.. :rolleyes:

Thank you!!
xxxx

I have a feeling I might know how lol....
But I am not saying to ANYONE incase I am wrong and look like a complete meff !
I'll just happily continue to wonder If I am right.....and don't ask privately coz I still wont say :lol:

Excuse my ignorance but what is a meff? (Come on, I am over 40 lol)

lol.....
sorry a meff is my word for erm......silly ....
So if i say ill look like a meff (which i do a lot coz i love the word lol)
It just means I might look silly :o

(Sometimes I forget to not type how I talk lol)

Ummm, how about the little sticky tabs that the removable stick on nails come with? These hold them on for a little while, but are more like double sided sticky tape.

why is it such a big secret?

Ummm, how about the little sticky tabs that the removable stick on nails come with? These hold them on for a little while, but are more like double sided sticky tape.

Yep its either this or blue tac :):)

Only Smarties Have the Answer !!!!!!

Latest posts

Back