Stick ons for fashion shows ...?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
for fashion shows and photo shoots, I have used gum arabic (eyelash glue), it actually keeps them on quite firmly (they just peel off after the show/shoot)

what about them little sticky dots ?? its got me thinking now , pmsl

:hug:Hi guys!

OK ... now youre gonna get me in trouble if you keep on guessing !! LOL! :eek: OK so its a trade secret and I have opened a can of worms... oh dearie! :irked:
OK ... so back to the REAL QUESTION........... does anyone have tips on working backstage for a fashion show or has anyone ever done this type of work before?

Tanx

Cait xx

:hug:Hi guys!

OK ... now youre gonna get me in trouble if you keep on guessing !! LOL! :eek: OK so its a trade secret and I have opened a can of worms... oh dearie! :irked:
OK ... so back to the REAL QUESTION........... does anyone have tips on working backstage for a fashion show or has anyone ever done this type of work before?

Tanx

Cait xx

I am sure Mrs Geek is the woman to help you on this :)

I'm baffled why we can't know? I thought we were all supposed to be proffessionals, and there for trade secrets would be our secrets, to be shared amongst other professionals. If the tips were in a CND catalog like Cait said, why would they not tell you how to use them? It's a bit like dangling a carrot in front of a horse! (not that i'm calling us all horses, lol!)

I'm baffled why we can't know? I thought we were all supposed to be proffessionals, and there for trade secrets would be our secrets, to be shared amongst other professionals. If the tips were in a CND catalog like Cait said, why would they not tell you how to use them? It's a bit like dangling a carrot in front of a horse! (not that i'm calling us all horses, lol!)

The tips were not in a catalogue. The images are from 'the look book' I presume which is something CND use to showcase the work done for Fashion Weeks in Paris, London, Milan and New York. The nails are done by the wonderful team of CND stylists who have perfected their own techniques and unless you are part of that team they will not share them with you .. no ... sorry. Neither would any other professional make up artist share their secrets. These are not techniques you would need to know for salon work in any case.

No one is dangling any carrots ... just showing what beautiful work is done by the CND team for the international catwalks.

The tips were not in a catalogue. The images are from 'the look book' I presume which is something CND use to showcase the work done for Fashion Weeks in Paris, London, Milan and New York. The nails are done by the wonderful team of CND stylists who have perfected their own techniques and unless you are part of that team they will not share them with you .. no ... sorry. Neither would any other professional make up artist share their secrets. These are not techniques you would need to know for salon work in any case.

No one is dangling any carrots ... just showing what beautiful work is done by the CND team for the international catwalks.

COR BLIMEY....TOO TRUE!!!!
antony buckley wasnt dishing out what his mix was for custom blends that he was using at excel.... said they were top secret...only he knew.....we could only know the base mix (which i think is posted in another thread somewhere on here).
Oh well.....gives us all a place to try and get too in our careers doesnt it!!!
:lol:

When i've done the occasional show/photoshoot with college, i used bluetack first and put the models nails on literally 1 min before the start of the show. I have since found some sticky pads at sally's (similar to those you get in stick-on packs, but these are slightly padded and don't leave a sticky mess!) which i've found better, and just as easy to remove. hth's xx

I think its perfectly acceptable to have "trade secrets"
Sometimes there needs to be something to separate 1 from the other...
:lol:

And I don't blame those that know for not saying ....It would be like sharing a best friends secret...its just not the done thing..
I don't think there's any conspiracy lol....we just don't need to know !

I think there are probably quite a few ways that would work. Anyone who needed to do this could have a little try out of different ways and find the one that works best for them. Each company probably has their own range of trade secrets and as other posters have said we don't really need to know. We've all probably got our own "secrets", whether for nails or something else we are good at. xxx

for fashion shows and photo shoots, I have used gum arabic (eyelash glue), it actually keeps them on quite firmly (they just peel off after the show/shoot)

I remember, donkey's years ago, in the 70's wearing full stick on nails using this type of glue, it was so pants for keeping them on whilst going out to dinner, but perfect for short, quick fixes like a show & yes, it just peels right off.
It was all you could get back then!

I'd have my money on this one.:lol:

Hey All - Cait et al -
Yes the Look Book show cases all the work we do for all 4 weeks of Fashion Week across the globe. There is a new tip / technique that I can't share - it really is for FW and it's something we keep in the Team.

Please remember that tips such as these for FW or shoots need to be able to be applied and taken off quickly as models have many shows they do in a day. Our team is particularly known for taking care of their nails and we often get 'Oh thank god it's Team Creative / CND' from the models when REAL stick-ons have be used and whoever has done them has tried to pry them off - they are very hard to remove!

Crack Attack can work, I suppose blue tack but that sounds very LB to me... glue dots work too but BE CAREFUL, they stick real tight too!

Hope this helps. Remember we make literally 1000'S of tips for FW - it takes days to do and to perfect but I guess the work now speaks for itself.
Press this year has been major!! :hug:

I remember, donkey's years ago, in the 70's wearing full stick on nails using this type of glue, it was so pants for keeping them on whilst going out to dinner, but perfect for short, quick fixes like a show & yes, it just peels right off.
It was all you could get back then!

I'd have my money on this one.:lol:
It should be the white looking glue, you apply a thin smear to both sides then let it go clear, then sandwhich them together, it won't budge unless forced or deliberately peeled off, letting it dry first is the secret (well my little secret)

Hi!
thanks ... very interesting stuff! I dont mind trying a few different methods first and seeing which works best for me! Thanks Nailzoo Ill give the Gum arabic a go too.
So are the tips used a secret too are they just simply normal tips shaped for the whole nail or can you buy tips (not from boots at great expense) that cove the whole nail wholesale. Sorry if I am being dumb just my wholesalers over here dont have them but perhaps in the uk or Oz they exist?

Cheers! And thanks again everyone for sharing as much as you were able to x:hug:

Cait x

Latest posts

Back