Stiletto nails - are they popular?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zondrae

Reaction score
I had never seen a stiletto nail until I joined this group. I haven't seen/heard it offered anywhere here (Australia) and was wondering if this is popular in the UK? Or is it more for nail competitions/shows? They sure don't look very "user friendly" to me :green: So is there much call for them in an every day nail salon?

Zondrae

Some nail techs do them here in NZ. IMO when they are so long and with all the art on top of them I do wonder how those that wear them cope:green:. Good on the nail tech and my accolades to them as I so appreciate the amount of effort and a keen eye it must take to get the enhancements symmetrical.
I prefer a well balanced nail with a third to half the length of the nail body being the free edge at the most:)

The people who tend to wear them (for 2 minutes) are the nail techs themselves!!

It is not a service that is most requested in a salon. :green:

Nail techs MUST play you know. We are creative people but for the most part we play on ourselves.

Hi,

I'd have to agree with geeg!

I guess, not many people would want the shape as they may be too pointy for them and may seem impracticle!

I personally love the way they look with nail art, and have made the switch from being a square girl myself, to the stiletto shape!

I have no stiletto clients, I have tried to swap a few, but they find them fake looking and impractical

I only have 1 client who loves her stiletto shape,
most of the others are die hard pink & white lovers with a square or soft square free edge,
and about 3 or 4 clients who have art but not the stiletto,
i myself wear stilettos with art all the time, hth

For me Stiletto`s and 3d art etc are the fun and hobby part of nails I love and appreciate the time skill and effort that goes into these more intricate & elaborate designs and love to play with products etc but none of my clients will entertain them ... good job really as I am pretty pants at them!

Last edited:
Hi,

I guess, not many people would want the shape as they may be too pointy for them and may seem impracticle!

I find them quite practical. I can do the washing and washing-up, cut vegs and grate cheese wearing stilettoes. It just takes a little time to get used to them nails.
But not many people dare to wear a set of stilettoes, I agree.

Last edited:
I wear them but wouldn't put them on any of my clients as they arent really practical for most people:) but those who have admired the shape have changed to an almond shape, very flattering and much more practical.

I wear them but wouldn't put them on any of my clients as they arent really practical for most people:) but those who have admired the shape have changed to an almond shape, very flattering and much more practical.

I find the same sam1, how come nfu mainly demonsrate this shape though, I'd love to see nfu do a more practical nail (in both length and shape).

The furthest away I get from square or squoval is almond and that is usually the more mature client that likes almond.

I have never had any requests for stiletto and I don't think I could persuade any of my clients to have them either.:)

I have to agree with what Geeg has written I wear stilettos but have never had a client want them :rolleyes:

I think they look great but I definitely could not wear them

I think they wouldnt be popular unless a lady wants them to scare hubby into buying her a new pair of shoes lol

But i think they look great when i see them on pictures, very creative x

You've just given me an idea Violet!
I could have some for next time my husband spray tans me!
Then when he doesn't listen to me, i can threaten him with my nails!

I want some stilettoes!!!!!!!!!!

Actually i can't have my nails too long-drives me bonkers! Can't even do my buttons up.

I think they look fab but can't see many people having them as they are impractical.
Might be good for fancy dress parties and halloween though.

You've just given me an idea Violet!
I could have some for next time my husband spray tans me!
Then when he doesn't listen to me, i can threaten him with my nails!

I want some stilettoes!!!!!!!!!!

Actually i can't have my nails too long-drives me bonkers! Can't even do my buttons up.

I think they look fab but can't see many people having them as they are impractical.
Might be good for fancy dress parties and halloween though.

Haha ok i don't want any blame for ladies harming their husbands with stiletto nails! :lol:

I'm wearing a set at the moment - long, pointy, sparkly and gorgeous!! my clients admire them but don't want them for themselves!!

I have never worn them since i don´t like the look of it on myself or someone else. When i see a fellow nailtech sporting them it reminds me of witch hands...can´t help it...no matter how nicely they are done. I think they could really be dangerous aswell :lol:
However...I do like the shape in terms of showing off nailart on a picture *in close up* where you only see the fingers and the nails since i think the shape makes the nailart often look more elegant and refined. I think that all these special nailshapes are pretty cool for use in pictures to showcase your work but i am a traditional girl when it comes to the shape of my own nails and 98% of my customers feel the same about it.

I love the look of a stiletto but I just can't wear them because I work in a pet food shop which involves lifting heavy bags so they wouldn't last long! Good for full time nail techs I reckon because it really shows their creative sides

i have done a few sets for clients, mostly younger ones.

not quite as extreme as some of the ones i have seen though, less length and just a little less pointed.

i find it a fairly practical shape to wear, much less troublesome than a square nail of the same length, no corners to catch.

Latest posts

Back