Stiletto nails in the salon - do you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
I see so many pics and posts about stiletto nails, I love the look and I have dabbled a bit myself, but do you guys do them on a regular basis in the salon?

I have only had one request for a stiletto nail following a facebook link and she only had the little finger done, black tip and she caught it on the carpet and did a bit of damage to herself.....I charged her a fiver for that one nail.

I am just wondering if these nails, beautiful as they are, have a place in regular salon work or are they just for fun and if regular work, what do you chrarge in terms of time?

Last edited:
I quite often wear stilettos myself Cathie and tend to find that though clients love them they say omg I could never wear them.

I have 2 clients who do get them but not all the time and like your your client perhaps have them on their pinkies when the are not having all 10 nails that shape. I find that ones that like the shape but are not 100% sure go for an almond shape verging into almost a stiletto but not just quite iykwim :lol:

As far as charging goes it depends on the design really, it doesn't really take me that much longer to do a stiletto than another shape, although the refining does take me a bit longer so I just add that on. God I hope that doesn't come across as conceited, because that is the last thing I am.

I think, even though it isn't always asked for it is good for your clients to know that you can do them, they are more likely to ask for a different shape other than square.

Don't know if that helps :hug:

As far as charging goes it depends on the design really, it doesn't really take me that much longer to do a stiletto than another shape, although the refining does take me a bit longer so I just add that on. God I hope that doesn't come across as conceited, because that is the last thing I am.

Fi don't be soft your stillettos are to die for!!!
xx:hug:xx

I asked this exact same thing on my facebook page

They look amazing in photos, but who really wears them on a regular basis I wonder?

Gina xx

I wear them all the time.... only done about 3 sets in the salon though, the first one loves them, the second one scared the grandchildren and the third one went straight back to square lol

Oh and charge the same, unless there is nail art.

I do find people like mine but when they say I couldnt wear them myself, they are happy with almond.

Last edited:
how do you shorten the lenght on stiletto nails?

I'd love to wear them but I know they wouldn't last me more than a few days, I'd also like to do a full set of them, especially to see how long it would actually take me, which I haven't as yet.

Thanks for your input x​

I wear them all the time and i have 1 regular who has pink & whites and insists on this shape,
she is great with them, never breaks one and manages all her duties at work (bank manager)
i charge the same as i do for all pink & whites, hth :hug:

Do you make your salon stilletos as dramatic and long as the examples we see here and in the mags?

Stilletos look so pretty i would like to try them out on my self but
i think i would poke my eye out lol

Do you make your salon stilletos as dramatic and long as the examples we see here and in the mags?

For the client that has them all the time yes, she has looked through the copies of scratch i have in the salon so there is no cheating her on length or drama lol
if i had a new client that wanted them i do a short version and see how she got along with them, hth

I'd love to wear them but I know they wouldn't last me more than a few days, I'd also like to do a full set of them, especially to see how long it would actually take me, which I haven't as yet.

Thanks for your input x​

I enjoy wearing stiletto nails.
A few of my clients have tried them out but soon switched back.

Anyway, if you are going to try them out Cathie, I find it is much easier to sculpt stiletto nails.... saves tonnes of time and makes consistency easier to achieve.
:hug:

Last edited:
I think they can acctually be a lot easier to wear as there are no corners. I do love them .

TUT glenda actually

For the client that has them all the time yes, she has looked through the copies of scratch i have in the salon so there is no cheating her on length or drama lol
if i had a new client that wanted them i do a short version and see how she got along with them, hth

hi...to do a short version...do you just file them down keeping the shape?...:hug: oh...if u r using tips i mean...or so u sculpure only?

Last edited:
Hi Guys I wear them all the time and love them find them very easy to work with. Don't think id ever go square again. :)

Hi, I think they look beautiful and elegant, but we don't have much call for them, as clients says "omg, I could never wear those, so we at work have different nails done per week, just to give clients an idea, but other than that, we only have a few, and they keep coming back, saying, "thank you so much, these are so awesome and easy to work with".

:hug:

Morning beautiful Nails,
I prefer to sculpt them either in l&P or gel. Just give it a try, you will have fun.

I'd love to wear them but I know they wouldn't last me more than a few days, I'd also like to do a full set of them, especially to see how long it would actually take me, which I haven't as yet.​

Thanks for your input x​

I'll come and see you next month and you can do a full set on me - as long and dramatic as you like!!

I love wearing stiletto's and I am always getting comment's on how nice they are. And how they would love a set, but no one here is prepared to give them a go. Even tho I tell them how easy they are to wear.
I am trying to get clients to try a token pinkie to start with to see how they live with it
My only downside is I just cannot sculpt on myself, try as I might it just doesn't happen.
I bought some Stiletto tips from Excel, they are wide and a bit curved at the sides but the shape is there and saves me having to cut to shape first.I will give them a go after my HD conversion next week...:hug:

Latest posts

Back