Strange Requests from Clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FabulousFingers

Reaction score
Has anyone had any really strange requests from their clients? One of my clients who is in her 60's asked me to do her nails for her when she dies! I was speachless for a few minutes ( which is very unusual for me ). I made a few comments about never seeing a dead person, and said she would more than likely sit up and tell me if I was putting on a colour she did not like. She has mentioned it again at another appointment, so I know she is not kidding me.

Has anyone had any really strange requests from their clients? One of my clients who is in her 60's asked me to do her nails for her when she dies! I was speachless for a few minutes ( which is very unusual for me ). I made a few comments about never seeing a dead person, and said she would more than likely sit up and tell me if I was putting on a colour she did not like. She has mentioned it again at another appointment, so I know she is not kidding me.

OoOoh i wouldnt know what to say to that! would you do it?
thus far i havent had any strange requests from any of my clients thank goodness :lol:

I know exactly what you mean. I had a client ask me that and I was like Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh are you for real, and after they said YES I just sat there saying nothing until I muttered, I don't know if I can do that... I'd freak out and be traumatized for life.

I like my clients kickin and screamin... not cold and stiff.

Thank god I wasn't the only one to get this request. Each time she has asked me I laugh and make a casual coment then change the topic. Although I did tell her she would have to pay a hell of a lot more than she does now, as I would more than likely have a heart attack while I was doing them!!When she comes now I tend to talk about anything and everything so she doesn't have a chance to mention it.

That is just plain morbid!!:eek:

Can you imagine how hard it would be to work her hand? What if you cracked or broke a finger, as she will probably be imbalmed and stiff as a board... NO WAY!!! I don't see the sense of it...
Tell her to come in the day before she dies for a fresh set... hahahaa
I don't like death at all.

eah I was joking to hubby saying imagine trying to move her hands.

That would be the fastest set I ever did....

Lovely Topic:irked:.

A lot of people like to look nice for their last journey, please don't be flippant and off hand with her, if you don't want to do this final service for her. Tell Her so that she can find someone who will.

Joan

Sorry if I sounded flippant and off handed as I wasn't with her. I actually said that if she had someone there with me I might be able to go through with it as the whole death and dying thing scare the crap out of me, but she keeps on asking about it.

What is to be scared of, we are all the same we are born, we live and we die it is a fact of life.

All I am saying is be honest with this lady, she so obviously thinks a lot of your work so much so that she has asked you to do this last service for her, think about it from her point of view, How hard must it have been for her to ask you to do this in the firstplace only to find that you skirt around the subject even worse you totally gloss over it and you put it on here for everyone else to comment on this ladies last request, I am sure that she must have thought long and hard before even asking you. Be upfront if you have never seen or dealt with a person who has passed over then tell her so she can find someone else. I am sure she would understand your feelings and wishes if only you discuss them with her.

Joan

What is to be scared of, we are all the same we are born, we live and we die it is a fact of life.

All I am saying is be honest with this lady, she so obviously thinks a lot of your work so much so that she has asked you to do this last service for her, think about it from her point of view, How hard must it have been for her to ask you to do this in the firstplace only to find that you skirt around the subject even worse you totally gloss over it and you put it on here for everyone else to comment on this ladies last request, I am sure that she must have thought long and hard before even asking you. Be upfront if you have never seen or dealt with a person who has passed over then tell her so she can find someone else. I am sure she would understand your feelings and wishes if only you discuss them with her.

Joan

Hi Joan

I know things could still be very uncomfortable for you around this subject at present and I feel for you reading such a thread. How would you feel if you were asked the same question by a client? I dont know if I could handle this situation but i suppose i wouldnt know until i was asked in a real situation.

Is this the kind of situation that your are ruled with your head or your heart?

:hug:

Hi Joan

I know things could still be very uncomfortable for you around this subject at present and I feel for you reading such a thread. How would you feel if you were asked the same question by a client? I dont know if I could handle this situation but i suppose i wouldnt know until i was asked in a real situation.

Is this the kind of situation that your are ruled with your head or your heart?

:hug:

If it was a really good client that I knew well, then Yes I would do it. When a person has passed over there is nothing to be scared of.

Joan

sorry for starting such an awkward thread. Just thought you guys would have some pointers for me.

Not sure if this is of any help, but a met a nail tech in my local warehouse the other day. She had a degree in Criminology as well as being a nail tech. She has actually established a business with local under takers and goes in and does make up, nails and hair. Because of her degree, she had sat in on loads of post mortems and was quite comfortable in that situation.

Apparently the inital stiffness of a dead person only lasts a few hours and then the body returns to its normal state.

I don't think this is something for the faint hearted, and if you feel at all uncomfortable with it, you should say straight away.

For me, I don't know if I could do it or not. It would depend on how well I knew the person and how I felt at the time.

If I were you hun, tell her how you feel. I'm sure she'll understand. Good luck. :hug:

Thanks Claire:hug: . I think I will tell her i'm not comfortable with it.

If she has regular infills and maintenance if the worst thing happens surely they would be looking good?

I couldn't do it I'm afraid.I would not feel comfortable at all.I think my hands would be all shakey .I would try to be as tactful as I could and explain how I felt.I have seen 2 people dead in my family and it was very distressing.Both times I couldn't touch them because I was scared of feeling the cold skin.I know it's different when they are your family but I just wouldn't be able to relax.It's something she can request from the undertakers or ask her family to let the undertakers know, prior to her death,they put make-up on the dead and get them ready for laying them out(not sure how to word this,sorry)So, basically for the undertakers it wouldn't phase them at all to pop a little bit of polish on the nails.This would be my suggestion to the client,obviously as tactfully said as possible.

I'm not sure if I could do it or not but I do understand her wanting it done. It's no different to peeps doing makeup for burial, at least you wouldn't have to worry about them lasting lol.

Latest posts

Back