Strange Shellac service demand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsinlondon1

Reaction score
Well something really weird happened today, I got a phone call from a Lady demanding that I remove her Shellac free of charge!!!!!!

Her reason for this was: Her Nail Technician in Northern Ireland had told her that, Shellac, offer a free removal service no matter to which technician she goes, if they offer Shellac they will have to remove it!!!! She proceeded to tell me that I am wrong and that it's in the Shellac agreement between Shellac distributors and Shellac using Technicians, to offer this after service!!!!

I said I am afraid your Technician is wrong in saying this and Shellac is not a business but a service. She was ademant and insisted, so I told her yes I will remove but I will also charge her. She still insisted that I was wrong and she was right.

Why would a Technician in Northern Ireland tell her that?????
Is there an agreement in Northern Ireland for this?
I am in London and Shellac a client and then tell them they can go anywhere in the world and a Technician will remove her Shellac for free. I wouldn't dream of doing this.

I told her give Sweet Sqaured a call and they will tell you that Shellac is a service and no Shellac user is bound by contractual law to remove it free of charge.
She said "I will give them a ring and then we will see who is right!!!!!

My god whatever next?????
What worries me more is that: what if she has been told this? What if there is a Technician in NI selling Shellac manicures
with this sort of business practice?

Last edited:
That is madness!!
bet she doesnt call you back!
poor you getting a client like that!! :hug:

yikes, she sounds like a nightmare!:eek:

Honestly, it doesn't even make sense! I'm in shock! :eek:

Well, she'll find out the truth of it soon enough, won't she?
When no technician anywhere will do it for free :lol:

It's one thing to decide for YOURSELF and for YOUR clients how you want to offer YOUR services and whether or not you want to include free removal (which is OUR time and OUR acetone/removal products).
But even if CND wanted to enforce that... good luck. They'd have to pay for our time, acetone etc too.

So if the woman were to stop and think for 10seconds, she would realize just how silly she is.

there sure are a lot of weirdos in this world!

Jeezo how strange!!
I offer a free removal of express lashes after 2 weeks but only if they got them applied by me! I wouldnt dream of telling a client removal is free no matter where she went to get them removed!!

So time isn't money then...removal products and shellac wraps....non of those cost US anything...why on earth would we do it for free...!! tell her to go back there and get them removed then..for free..:lol:

Its strange how some peoples minds work.

Well something really weird happened today, I got a phone call from a Lady demanding that I remove her Shellac free of charge!!!!!!

Her reason for this was: Her Nail Technician in Northern Ireland had told her that, Shellac, offer a free removal service no matter to which technician she goes, if they offer Shellac they will have to remove it!!!! She proceeded to tell me that I am wrong and that it's in the Shellac agreement between Shellac distributors and Shellac using Technicians, to offer this after service!!!!

I said I am afraid your Technician is wrong in saying this and Shellac is not a business but a service. She was ademant and insisted, so I told her yes I will remove but I will also charge her. She still insisted that I was wrong and she was right.

Why would a Technician in Northern Ireland tell her that?????
Is there an agreement in Northern Ireland for this?
I am in London and Shellac a client and then tell them they can go anywhere in the world and a Technician will remove her Shellac for free. I wouldn't dream of doing this.

I told her give Sweet Sqaured a call and they will tell you that Shellac is a service and no Shellac user is bound by contractual law to remove it free of charge.
She said "I will give them a ring and then we will see who is right!!!!!

My god whatever next?????
What worries me more is that: what if she has been told this? What if there is a Technician in NI selling Shellac manicures
with this sort of business practice?

I am a Northern Irish tech and to be honest nothing surprises me now. I have not came across this myself and would never condone this type of practise which is absolutely rubbish. But through the years I have saw really bad practises. In Northern Ireland it really is the case 'if you get the name of rising early you can sleep all day'. In effect the lady was asking you to work for nothing. Shame you didn't get the techs name as she obviously wanted the business and told lies to get it, but then again if you had got her name what could you do about it! It's disgusting this type of behaviour please know that not all Northern Irish techs are like this. This tech has no integrity at all but I do wonder about the client - is she stupid? Does she really think that people work for nothing?

Last week a client gave me an article about Shellac printed in the Daily Mail. It gives completely the wrong curing times and the client was adamant that the article was correct and I "clearly didn't know what I was doing"
I actually had the layering sheet out and showed her what the curing times were and she relcutantly backed down. but grumbled that if her nails were damaged she would be looking for recompense.

There is a lot of misinformation about Shellac; it's up to us as professionals to educate our clients!

Spa spy: Are Shellac nails the ultimate long-lasting manicure? | Mail Online

A blast of 20 seconds :eek: .. where do they get their information??

As for the Northern Ireland Client, I can tell you that there is no agreement between N.I. Techs!

The funny thing is, if this client rang me demanding I remove her Shellac for free, I wouldn't want to give her an appointment. Had she rang me for Shellac and not demanded freebies, I wouldn't have charged her anyway, as I'm getting a new client... it's nice to be nice! :)

This is the best line:

But on day 11 disaster strikes when a whole chunk of nail — as well as varnish — comes off.

Because if a chunk of your nail come off you would naturally expect the varnish to stay put! *shakes head*

This is the best line:

Because if a chunk of your nail come off you would naturally expect the varnish to stay put! *shakes head*

That's what I thought ... HELLO?

As much as I love that journos are talking / wearing and loving Shellac - they do not read or listen to what is often said... hence the in correct info that is given. Ruth you are right - up to us to continue to educate - as to the lady who said you should reove Shellac- BOLLOCKS - may not be the most professional of answers but there it is... like we would EVER do that??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last week a client gave me an article about Shellac printed in the Daily Mail. It gives completely the wrong curing times and the client was adamant that the article was correct and I "clearly didn't know what I was doing"
I actually had the layering sheet out and showed her what the curing times were and she relcutantly backed down. but grumbled that if her nails were damaged she would be looking for recompense.

There is a lot of misinformation about Shellac; it's up to us as professionals to educate our clients!

Spa spy: Are Shellac nails the ultimate long-lasting manicure? | Mail Online

not only incorrect in the article, but check out the comments too:rolleyes:

Wow, thanks for that link Geeg that is a great video.
Would we be allowed to add that to our websites or do we need permission from CND? x

The comments on the Mail post are terrible, such a shame a professional didnt reply to correct everyone.

Wow, thanks for that link Geeg that is a great video.
Would we be allowed to add that to our websites or do we need permission from CND? x

The comments on the Mail post are terrible, such a shame a professional didnt reply to correct everyone.
If you are using Shellac then yes you can ... That is why CND put these things together for you to help you to promote your business.

Thats great, thank you, yes I am using Shellac (best thing I ever did), but always like to check with companys first before I use anything of theirs - Fantastic video x:hug:x

Latest posts

Back