Strut Your Stuff Winning Geek!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

izzidoll

Strictly Scottish Geek!
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi there I know mizzy_dizzy is too shy to tell you herself, but she has just won 1st place in the Beauty Tech Strut Your Stuff Competition 2009 in the junior Mixed Media section.

Her first Competition and she takes 1st place......no wonder with her artistic talent!
Here is the link.....Winners

Well Done Carrie!!!

Well, is this going to inspire some of you would be competitors to get out there and compete? Strut Your Stuff is a great Showcase of Talent and a brilliant starting point in competing as you don't have the pressure of sitting in a big arena doing your thing :lol:
Several geeks have done well in the Competition over the years not least Angel fingers.

So who will be next in our Geeky hall of fame?

MMJR5

Is this it yeah?? x

I know nothing about nails- but fancy myself as an artist- so can appreciate the fantastic skill in these...wow...well done.

Flippin Heck!!
If you even visit Belfast I want my nails done!! And I am serious!!

They are amazing!

(come to Belfast lol) x

omg thats fantastic.

brilliant work ceri, well done.

i feel really proud to count her as my friend.:hug:

Well done :hug:

Wow! What a great job!

So proud of you Ceri!! beautiful entry and the details in your design are many. You see more and more each time you look at them :) x

So proud of you Ceri!! beautiful entry and the details in your design are many. You see more and more each time you look at them :) x

Speaking of detail I love your avatar!!

Now no one has mentioned that they will be entering this comp or any other for that matter next year.........I know loads of geeks did this comp last year, and there were some fabulous entries from geeks this year too (loved yours smiler13334) .

In fact maybe this thread would be a great place to get advice from entrants as to how much work went into their entries and how they came up with their ideas?

WOW now thats what I call pure talent.

anne xx

Woww totally amazing :) WEll done to you and a big well done also to Pauline from here who I spotted in the senior mixed media winner section too :)

Well Done Cerri, you should be very proud of yourself :)
I didn't know this comp even ran, where can I get info on it for next years comp entries???

:o:o:o:o Thankyou everyone , and yes i am to shy lol :o:o:o:o

Speaking of detail I love your avatar!!

Now no one has mentioned that they will be entering this comp or any other for that matter next year.........I know loads of geeks did this comp last year, and there were some fabulous entries from geeks this year too (loved yours smiler13334) .

In fact maybe this thread would be a great place to get advice from entrants as to how much work went into their entries and how they came up with their ideas?

Pleased you like my avatar Izzy :) enjoyed making those babies at the VivCat class. I'm all set for next years one also. Ceri will you be there?? hope so. You're a lovely person and a wonderful nail artist xx

Great idea Izzy, competitions scares the life out of alot of nail technicians and the online ones are great for getting your feet wet without the added stress of being in a competition arena with time limits etc.

Thankyou for liking my entry unfortunately my camera skills didn't show up all the detail :( but even though I wasn't placed I got some great feedback and lots of tips from fellow nail artists and I will be putting them into place for next year!

My entry took 27 hours from start to finish in total, doing a bit here and there inbetween work, children, house etc. Working out your theme first and drawing a few plans really helps. The size of the tips are really important. The bigger the tip the more you can get on it. Affiniti do the long art tips don't they? I'm off to have a look lol

All you geeks who are thinking of entering competitions, go for Strut your Stuff, you never know what will happen. 2006 was the first time I entered one and got 2nd place and wow what a feeling. Ceri entered it her first time and got 1st place and she is still in shock and very very happy... Believe in yourself and skills and you may be surprised x

That's brilliant. Well done to you. xx

They are fantastic. Congrats on the 1st place!

Your work is beautiful hun and a very clever design, well done :hug:

Beautiful work xxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back