Summer uniform

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuzieBeautique

Reaction score
Just wondering if any of you change to a 'summer uniform' when it gets hotter? I'm mobile and believe uniform is essential, looks smart and put me in the job mode as such. But I get so hot, especially as every clients house is different temp. Can sometimes feel my face sweating. So embarrassing!! I need something abit more cooler but struggling to find anything. Currently wear black smart trousers, black tunic and flip flops xx

I've just bought some looser tunics from La Beeby to wear but I'm still finding them quite warm so am considering getting some strappy tops and putting my logo onto them.

So not quite a uniform but will still be work clothes as my logo will be on them. I dont want anything too low though as when I'm tanning I bend down and I'd like to look professional and stay covered up. I'm still looking for the right top for the job.

This is a good topic - this year will be my first summer mobile and I'm like that in summer so I need all the help I can get.

Our tutor in college has a tunic with a small capped sleeve. It's almost like it's sleeveless but with a tiny little "sunroof" on each shoulder (i realise that sounds ridiculous but easier to describe) and I think it would be waaaay better than the tunic we have (like a typical t shirt style sleeve) but I haven't been able to see any like it around.

I shall be keeping an eye on this topic!

X

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek

I just seem to wear the same all year round, I wear tunics (mainly black) with black smart trousers, & black loafers, (summer shoes soon) & just add vests/thermals underneath in the winter with a cardi ontop, then in the summer maybe with cropped trousers.
Years ago I bought some thinner lightweight cotton beauty tunics for the summer but I cant remember what material they were, (maybe it was poly-cotton) the company has since gone bust so I can even phone up to find out.
What I would like is a longline beauty tunic (coming to mid-tigh/ just above the knees that I could wear with some leggings.
I do like the bright coloured tunics for summer.
I will keep my eye on this thread, might get some good ideas! x

I have a sleeveless tunic with extended shoulders; it's much cooler than a sleeved tunic. I wear it with cropped black linen trousers which are much better than those horrible polyester ones. Haven't got round to buying a dress yet but I'm very tempted.

I wear the same thing year round - black 3/4 pants and black t-shirts (short sleeved stretch shirts from kmart) Very cool. I sometime have a hand towel over my shoulder or tucked into the top of my pants when it's really hot so I can wipe my face (usually when doing massage as I work up more of a sweat)

Good thread.

I wear black tunic and cropped trousers in summer but am looking for cotton tunics, everything seems to be polyester. I know its easy to wash,dry, iron but oooooh it does stick sometimes. :rolleyes:

If you google Sleeveless Beauty Tunic a couple such as the one below do come up.
Uniform spa beauty sleeveless boat neck tunic black 8-INLINE LONDON

I've been on the look out myself and now particularly after the blistering weekend. I did find a couple of really nice ones and will have a look on my desk when I get chance and will post a link if I find them

hth

H xx

I too have had a sticky few weeks ... I'm mobile too and the problem is definitely the different temps in houses! Some people are so nesh and still have heating on :Scared: I couldn't wear my uniform on sat just couldn't bear it lol ... I'm gonna get some 3/4 length pants I think for now, until I find a better solution.

Nic

Thanks everyone for replies. Last summer I wore some 3/4 trousers but was still really hot. I went to someones house not long back (when it was a lovely warm day) and they had the fire on full blast!! I literally could not breath it was that hot, I felt so sick. I had to ask her to turn it off in the end because I just couldn't work!

Some of my clients have said ohh aren't you too warm in that uniform and then have suggested wearing a strappy vest. I dont really like the idea of my arms being fully out and possibly cleavage on show. I'm a size 16 and abit self conscious of my weight (gained 3 stone in the last year)!!

Thought about just getting some plain fitted tshirts to wear with my cut off trousers and then getting a little pinny / apron with my company name on. What do you think? xx

I just seem to wear the same all year round, I wear tunics (mainly black) with black smart trousers, & black loafers, (summer shoes soon) & just add vests/thermals underneath in the winter with a cardi ontop, then in the summer maybe with cropped trousers.
Years ago I bought some thinner lightweight cotton beauty tunics for the summer but I cant remember what material they were, (maybe it was poly-cotton) the company has since gone bust so I can even phone up to find out.
What I would like is a longline beauty tunic (coming to mid-tigh/ just above the knees that I could wear with some leggings.
I do like the bright coloured tunics for summer.
I will keep my eye on this thread, might get some good ideas! x

I wear sleeveless black mid-thigh tunic/dress with leggings all year round. Tunic is from simon jersey and I love it, looks very trendy with the leggings.

Jacqui xx

As beauty therapists are allowed to wear White, I decided this year as I was so hot the last couple of I'd wear White wide legged cotton trousers and I have had two White polo shirts embroidered with my business name to wear on top.
I'm really pleased with how it looks and how much cooler I feel:)

I bought a couple of sleeveless tunics last year from Simon Jersey they are really reasonable and wash well....and ordered another 2weeks ago they have them online now and do black,teal,hot pink and olive green........I found they come up quite small as usually a size 8 but couldnt get it on...but perhaps thats because ive over indulged and piled on the pounds since Christmas lol...........

I wear sleeveless black mid-thigh tunic/dress with leggings all year round. Tunic is from simon jersey and I love it, looks very trendy with the leggings.
Jacqui xx

Great, thanks Jacqui, I will have a look at Simon Jersey, sounds perfect! x

I bought a couple of sleeveless tunics last year from Simon Jersey they are really reasonable and wash well....and ordered another 2weeks ago they have them online now and do black,teal,hot pink and olive green........I found they come up quite small as usually a size 8 but couldnt get it on...but perhaps thats because ive over indulged and piled on the pounds since Christmas lol...........

Thanks for the heads up, I will make sure if I do place an order I will get the next size up x

Jacqui xx

That sounds like exactly what I'm after!! I wear leggings in the summer, but need my tunic length to be a bit longer as I'm pear shaped and extremely paranoid!! Haha. Does this style of tunic come in bright pink do you know? Xx

Yes!! You gonna look uber cool

Jacqui xx

I get my uniforms from Simon jersey and the are very good. Great value for money too. Don't think I'll change mine for summer though. I usually just wear leggings and fancy flip flops! Does the job rightly!

Thanks everyone for replies. Last summer I wore some 3/4 trousers but was still really hot. I went to someones house not long back (when it was a lovely warm day) and they had the fire on full blast!! I literally could not breath it was that hot, I felt so sick. I had to ask her to turn it off in the end because I just couldn't work!

I'm a size 16 and abit self conscious of my weight (gained 3 stone in the last year)!!

Thought about just getting some plain fitted tshirts to wear with my cut off trousers and then getting a little pinny / apron with my company name on. What do you think? xx

I've had the same, when I used to do mobile massage I almost fainted at someones house cause it was so hot...

I'm more than a size 16 :o and I wear black stretch t-shirts from kmart. They are great - nice and cool and look professional. (as much as tshirts can be). I wear 3/4 black pants too so it's my unofficial uniform..

Hiya! I wear tunics but on warmer days I bought some fitted tops from H&M in a variety of colours and got the salon logo printed on the front by a local printer. It still looks professional but much cooler x

Latest posts

Back