Tan plz help!!!!!!!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkies101

Reaction score
Had 2 clients in for a spray tan last wednesday, had A Phone call from them today saying they are itching really really badly as the tan is coming off ! they say it's because off the tan. does any one know what to do or why this may of happened !??

Had 2 clients in for a spray tan last wednesday, had A Phone call from them today saying they are itching really really badly as the tan is coming off ! they say it's because off the tan. does any one know what to do or why this may of happened !??

Well to me it sounds like they have had an allergic reaction, did you ask them if they had any allergies to any tanning products or spray tans before?

I'm sure it's nothing to do with the tan! They start itching 5 days later! If they were going to have an allergic reaction to the tan then it would have materialised way before now. Have they asked for their money back or anything?
Allergies are extremely rare and for 2 of them to have it!
They have probably been using a new body cream or washing powder or.....oh god the list it endless!

I have been in the spray tanning industry for twelve years and now retail my own tanning solution. In all that time, I have found it very rare for a solution to cause itching, thats not saying it cant happen as we all have different skin type. However, I would have thought that if the tan was the cause, the itching would have happened when the tan had been applied, not when the tan is fading. She can always exfoliate to remove remaining tan.

This happens to me only with one type of solution and only affects my neck. It becomes really really itchy and because I cant help but to scratch it, I scratch the tan off too.
The only thing i find that helps is to spray minimal on my neck area and only apply my face cream here to moisturise so that my skin can breathe.
What parts of their body are itching and what solution do you use? xxx

mmm last Wednesday and there complaining today...me thinks they haven't bothered to stick to their post tan regime....moisturise as often as possible :eek:

Spray Tan solutions that are fortified with alcohol will dry the skin and cause itchiness..its so important to moisturise regularly as is drinking the alcohol :lol::lol:

mmm last Wednesday and there complaining today...me thinks they haven't bothered to stick to their post tan regime....moisturise as often as possible :eek:

Spray Tan solutions that are fortified with alcohol will dry the skin and cause itchiness..its so important to moisturise regularly as is drinking the alcohol :lol::lol:

This was the first thing that came to my mind also,
lack of moisturising.

hiya

i would bet it's just because their skin is dry, i usually find my skin gets dry with a spray tan. im really good at moisturising the first couple of days and then the novelty wears off and my skin dry's out:rolleyes:. i would just advise them to exfoliate and moisturise chick, oh and recommend they follow your aftercare in the future:). xxx

Totally agree, that and possibly they are just trying to get their money back. Yes, the drinking of the alcohol is certainly just as important!:lol:

Just out of interest a while ago I tried a solution just to see what people were raving about (not going to say what it was so don't ask lol) , well it made me itch BIG TIME.

Now it only happened two days after the tan and not immediately as you would have thought. So just shows you that this can happen.

hey thanks guys

really concerned me but the more i think about it the more i think it cant be right, the tan must be nearly gone now and if it was an allergic reaction would have happened near enough straight away not 5 days later.
Eek will ring her back today to tell her, possibly thinking its somebody that wants a free tan because maybe it didnt last as long as she had hoped? x

Latest posts

Back