Tan that lasts 4-6 weeks??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread caught my attention, I'm glad there isn't a product that lasts 4-6 weeks,we would all be worse off financially, lol.

It is completely impossible for an externally applied solution to the skins surface to last longer than the loss and reproduction cycle of the skin.

Of course if it was possible and tans,in a fairy tale world,did in fact last 4/6 weeks this wouldn't actually have effected your revenue stream as you would have been charging appropriately more.

I guess if you sit back and think about it you would be doing less work for the same amount of revenue income:lol::lol::lol:

I did a spray tan training day yesterday where the trainer mentioned an injection that is given into the stomach! She didn't say how long it lasted but it sounded horrendous.

sure she hasn't been dipped in gravy and forgot to wash it off??????????/

maybe she puts teabags in her bath ?? :lol:

I did a spray tan training day yesterday where the trainer mentioned an injection that is given into the stomach! She didn't say how long it lasted but it sounded horrendous.

Hmm I've heard of people taking excessive amounts of beta carotene to attempt to dye the skin to look like a tan - but apparently this can have nasty side effects - I forget exactly what, although orange deposits building up inside the eye was one of them, I think...

I am sorry...I am no skin geek but I have watched this thread with some interest and incredulity!!
My first thought was did you check this clients pants were not on fire????

I have a reasonable tan after 2 weeks on holiday (safe tanning geeks, factor 30 all the way!!), a good healthy golden colour, but I have only been back 5 days and it is fading fast!!!!
So sorry but no way can any fake (can I use the f word??) tan last for 4-6 weeks.
IMHO!

Oh For goodness sakes......skin doesn't last that long
Well mine doesn't anyways......2 weeks on hols and could you keep that up?
It wears away.......so sad...but so true...
If it lasted do you think I would be pale now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????
Sorry......but you know me.....4-6 weeks for a spraytan??????????
hmmmm.

I always bathe in asses milk, it is what keeps me so beautiful - don't you all:green:

I always bathe in asses milk, it is what keeps me so beautiful - don't you all:green:

see...now you tell me...I thought I was supposed to marry the eejits:lol:

see...now you tell me...I thought I was supposed to marry the eejits:lol:

Milk 'em bathe in it and toss 'em - hows that:green:

Unless you get one like mine:)

Hello everybody!
Sorry to intrude, as i am only a nail geek, but I think that during an exhibition in my country, this spray caught my eye.
I didn't buy it but i looked for the leaflet they gave me because I always keep them (just in case) and found it!
Sorry I don't have a scanner to pass the picture over but here is what it is written:
"For the first time we present you the new break-through of a fadeless tanning spray from the top Sun Laboratories company! The perfect spray-on tan in 5 minutes!"
Now this is a translation from greek to english that i made myself so forgive me for any errors, however the leaflet doesn't have a picture of the bottle but that company has a site if you search at google.
I didn't have time to have a detailed look and i don't know if that's the one you are looking for but i thought i'd give it a go and tell you about it!
Hope it is what you're looking for!
xxx

Hello everybody!
Sorry to intrude, as i am only a nail geek, but I think that during an exhibition in my country, this spray caught my eye.
I didn't buy it but i looked for the leaflet they gave me because I always keep them (just in case) and found it!
Sorry I don't have a scanner to pass the picture over but here is what it is written:
"For the first time we present you the new break-through of a fadeless tanning spray from the top Sun Laboratories company! The perfect spray-on tan in 5 minutes!"
Now this is a translation from greek to english that i made myself so forgive me for any errors, however the leaflet doesn't have a picture of the bottle but that company has a site if you search at google.
I didn't have time to have a detailed look and i don't know if that's the one you are looking for but i thought i'd give it a go and tell you about it!
Hope it is what you're looking for!
xxx

Does it have a web site address or company name on the leaflet as in my opinion it is impossible to have a fadeless tanning spray! (is sun laboratories the name of the company - cant find any info on their website about a fadeless tan)?

Thanks for the info.

Maybe she is using a DHA-based moisturiser? She might be applying more DHA on top of her spray tan without realising it and topping it up. I have had clients who top up their own tans after a week or so with a 'fake tan' in a bottle. They just see it as topping up, not reapplying.

4-6 weeks has to be impossible for a spray tan, as other have said, a UV suntan would fade in that time. I have heard of the injections but that certainly doesn't appeal to me.

Whilst it sounds like the answer to all our prayers I doubt it very much.
We shed our skins at a fair old rate and cant see any spray tan solution being able to penetrate deep enough to stay for that period of time.

Any tan only lasts as long as the skin that is tanned lasts...7/10 days.

I think this customer of yours has her wires crossed here

Do keep us posted though :hug:

I totally agree, sounds like complete nonsense to me. There's no way it could penetrate deep enough to last that long. Unless she doesnt bath for 4 weeks.... lol

Does it have a web site address or company name on the leaflet as in my opinion it is impossible to have a fadeless tanning spray! (is sun laboratories the name of the company - cant find any info on their website about a fadeless tan)?

Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately no.
The company that gave me the leaflet wasn't Sun Laboratories, it was just a greek company that simply imports products from SL.
If you want i can give them a ring and ask for more information about this tanning spray (how long it lasts etc).
Maybe it's the one we're looking for , maybe not.
If i call them, are there any particular questions you'd like me to ask?

Unfortunately no.
The company that gave me the leaflet wasn't Sun Laboratories, it was just a greek company that simply imports products from SL.
If you want i can give them a ring and ask for more information about this tanning spray (how long it lasts etc).
Maybe it's the one we're looking for , maybe not.
If i call them, are there any particular questions you'd like me to ask?

I would ask them what is in this tan that makes it fadeless and how it works!

Thanks for the info

Latest posts

Back