Tan that lasts 4-6 weeks??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angeldust39

Reaction score
hi peeps can anyone tell me about a spray tan that lasts up to 4-6 weeks, had a client cancel saying i was too expensive at 20 per tan for a normal spray tan that lasts 5-7 days maybe more as she can get a tan for £28 which lasts 4-6 weeks i said get the name of the solution and ill try it anyone known of this for spray tan solutions:irked:

OMG!! Really??????

Are you sure?????????????????????????

I have googled the hell out of it, and cant find a thing!!!!

yeah im sure hun she just called me just now i said get the name of it and im sure lots of people will want to know a spray tan which lasts 4-6 weeks :confused:

I don't know how its possable...

Let us know as soon as you know hun. xx

Wow. Do you think she could be talking about the injections? Either that or she mis heard what someone else had said to her!

Wow. Do you think she could be talking about the injections? Either that or she mis heard what someone else had said to her!

no not injections, she said shes already been for one of these tans already, and its lasts 4-6 weeks on her, i asked if it was a booth and nope its a lady giving her a spray tan, i said id never heard it before as they normally last 5-7 days depending and odd chance it lasts a bit longer but never 4-6weeks so i asked her to find out the name of the tan she gets as im intrigued to see what it is,,:irked:

Whilst it sounds like the answer to all our prayers I doubt it very much.
We shed our skins at a fair old rate and cant see any spray tan solution being able to penetrate deep enough to stay for that period of time.

Any tan only lasts as long as the skin that is tanned lasts...7/10 days.

I think this customer of yours has her wires crossed here

Do keep us posted though :hug:

I am intrigued, let us no what u find out. I would ring her and ask her the name of the product hunxxxx

Perhaps she bathes in asses milk.

I don't think she washes at all....LOL

Is that realistically possible? My understanding was that the dihydroxyacetone would only react with proteins in the topmost layer of skin (the stratum corneum). The longevity of the tan would thus be dependent on the rate of exfoliation of the stratum corneum.

Any tan purporting to last longer would thus need to penetrate deeper into the skin.

Apart from the short-chain sugars dihydroxyacetone and erythulose, the only other chemical I am aware of that is used stain the skin a brown colour is Lawsone, the active component in Henna. But this also only stains the stratum corneum.

I am intrigued, let us no what u find out. I would ring her and ask her the name of the product hunxxxx

hi jenny i asked her to find out for me when she called to cancel, ill let yous all know this wonder spray tan,,,, :confused: x

sounds daft but you dont think she had a respray say after 2 weeks included in the price....and that keeps her going.....

Jess
xxo

sounds daft but you dont think she had a respray say after 2 weeks included in the price....and that keeps her going.....

Jess
xxo

hi jess i asked her this as well if she got a top up tan etc no he said the tan lasted 4-6 weeks i kept asking her all these questions and i ended up baffled all i could say was well get me the make of the tan as im sure a lot of spray tanning techs will want hands on it if it lasts this long
debs x​

A new urban myth.....even if one didn't wash for 2 weeks the tan would still slough off the skin via clothing etc.

Latest posts

Back