Tan that lasts 4-6 weeks??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A new urban myth.....even if one didn't wash for 2 weeks the tan would still slough off the skin via clothing etc.

Or else it's a new revolution in tanning, the Tantoo...

Are you sure it was spray tan and not spray paint lol :lol:

Are you sure it was spray tan and not spray paint lol :lol:

LOL!!!

Although I wonder what would happen if you really maxxed out the pressure on the compressor to attempt to push the product further into the skin to try and get it deeper than the stratum corneum? I've heard of them delivering medication using high pressure jets for people who don't like needles...

well people you have all made me giggle but i will let yous know when i find out this wonder tan that last 4-6 weeks, watch this space ... im off to bed now more puzzled than ever but at least with a wee smile on my face at you's mad bunch haha ,,,, :hug:

debs xx

I once spilt chicken dupiaza between my cleavage and that stained for a few days.

LOL!!!

Although I wonder what would happen if you really maxxed out the pressure on the compressor to attempt to push the product further into the skin to try and get it deeper than the stratum corneum? I've heard of them delivering medication using high pressure jets for people who don't like needles...
I think it is a small gas canister that projects that high pressure for medication.

My fella sprays cars and gets covered in paint dust, he uses the air hose to spray the dust off him self before coming home, he uses this at 150 psi which is a massive amount of pressure compared to the HVLP units and it only blows the dust off him not into his skin, thank god or he would be multi coloured :lol: so i don't think a high pressure would make a tan last any longer than it already does.

Is that realistically possible? My understanding was that the dihydroxyacetone would only react with proteins in the topmost layer of skin (the stratum corneum). The longevity of the tan would thus be dependent on the rate of exfoliation of the stratum corneum.

Any tan purporting to last longer would thus need to penetrate deeper into the skin.

Apart from the short-chain sugars dihydroxyacetone and erythulose, the only other chemical I am aware of that is used stain the skin a brown colour is Lawsone, the active component in Henna. But this also only stains the stratum corneum.

Whilst some manufacturers,like us, do put penetrator compounds into our formulations this realistically only extends the tan by a few days.
To get a tan to last 4/6 weeks..mmmmmm that ain't possible or we would know about it by now.
It simply is not possible to get the solution penetration deep enough into the skin layers to achieve this without the treatment becoming invasive and therefore hazardous.

Unless of course this manufacturer is adding curry to their formulation which we all know..just wont come off whatever you get it on for weeks...mmmmmm now maybe theres a thought...instead of strawberries and Mellon ...how about a nice Tandori and chips fragrance :eek:

But then again perhaps not as you would come out a nice red colour :lol::lol:

Even a natural suntan doesn't last 4-6 weeks - its pretty much faded by about 3-4 weeks without topping it up.

Can't wait to hear what ths woman has to say.

She is probably a Billy bullshatter I think.

Last edited:
Whilst some manufacturers,like us, do put penetrator compounds into our formulations this realistically only extends the tan by a few days.
To get a tan to last 4/6 weeks..mmmmmm that ain't possible or we would know about it by now.
It simply is not possible to get the solution penetration deep enough into the skin layers to achieve this without the treatment becoming invasive and therefore hazardous.

Unless of course this manufacturer is adding curry to their formulation which we all know..just wont come off whatever you get it on for weeks...mmmmmm now maybe theres a thought...instead of strawberries and Mellon ...how about a nice Tandori and chips fragrance :eek:

But then again perhaps not as you would come out a nice red colour :lol::lol:

i have read your replies and yet again am in fits with some, :lol:, curry now there is a smell i love lol ,,,,, what about jack daniels and coke smell god id be sniffing it for weeks lol :lol: ill let yous know what this lady comes back to me and says in which tan it is and solve this 4-6 week tan mytery

debs xxx:hug:

i think its Tan by Ronseal.Don't tell her to exfoliate before she comes tell her to sand herself down.

i think its Tan by Ronseal.Don't tell her to exfoliate before she comes tell her to sand herself down.

LOL :hug:
Well at least woodworm wont be a problem :lol::lol:

Hi I am not a skin expert but due to the rate the outer dermis sheds, 4-6 weeks is surely impossible...anyone now how long the shedding cycle of a skin cell takes? I know it varies for different parts of the body,
Thanks Collin i will start telling people that it is my false tan that smells of alcohol :)

Hi I am not a skin expert but due to the rate the outer dermis sheds, 4-6 weeks is surely impossible...anyone now how long the shedding cycle of a skin cell takes? I know it varies for different parts of the body,
Thanks Collin i will start telling people that it is my false tan that smells of alcohol :)

We all shed our skins at quiet a scary rate if you think about it...we are all different however as a rule of thumb it normally takes 7/10 days to replace the debth of skin that would be effected by a spray tan.

A heavily fortified solution mix with initial colourant on a poor skin condition will not last as long as on a healthy young skin using a solutin with minimal colour guide.

Not only does the rate of shedding differ from different parts of the body but also age and condition play a major factor.

We are lucky as a species that we loose our skins gradually unlike other species who shed their skin as the grow at once...can you imagine walking down the high street and tripping over someones discarded outer skin:eek:

Thank goodness us humans differ from other creatures on the planet:hug:

Oh and Jonothan..try Vodca as that has no initial colour guide and im reliably informed that there is no reaction smell...your tan might be usless but at least you will be happy.

Oh, I know what it's called CREASOTE HaHa:green:

It sounds like she want's a cheap tan, take no notice..if there was a 4-6wk tan, the geeks would be the first to find out about it.:hug:

Jenx

gill between you and collin are hilarious lol :lol:

This thread caught my attention, Im glad there isnt a product that lasts 4-6 weeks,we would all be worse off financially, lol.

but out of curiosity, i did searches trying to find something that lasts that long, and what a surprise to find there aint nothing out there, I think this client youre talking about is so full of it, that Im surprised she doesnt squelch when she walks along :lol: :lol:

keep us informed though if you hear from her again :)

Latest posts

Back