Tax refund due from over the past seven years.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy G

Reaction score
Hi there, Ive recieved an email today about Hmrc upgrading their system and now their saying Im due a refund from over the past 6-7 years ???:confused:

Has anybody else had this ?

I had an email a little while back, it didnt look co shure and when I checked it wasnt, but now this one does,Ive tryed calling them but cant get through so just wondering if everybody else is wondering what its all about .Any ideas please?

My accountant advised me that HMRC would not e-mail, they would write to you. Hope this helps.x

I had one of these yesterday and I am sure it is bogus. I agree with Heidi that HMRC would write to you and not email.

Please never click on a link and fill in your details on anything which comes to your inbox which you dont know about.

I have gone from one every 5 or 6 months to 15 or more a day, thankfully most of it goes straight to my spam box, so a quick look to make sure there's nothing I want and I hit the empty button. I have been offered £5000 credit cards, ups none delivery because of wrong address, entitlements to govement training grants and yes tax rebates, not really possible when I havn't paid tax on my self employed bit for years:rolleyes:
If you call your local police station they can put you in touch with the right department who deal with internet fraud. It's worth doing hun all it will cost you is a local phone call.:hug:

There was an segment about this on telly recently. I have had a few emails from them!! THEY ARE SCAMS. I have never sent them an email or a note of my email address. Google HMRC scams and they show samples of the emails sent. hth

I am applying for a tax rebate for the period dating back to 2004 for my full time job within the MOD. and it's done through my trade union, all officially.

No one will send you an e mail regarding this purpose, it is something that you HAVE to apply for. (After all, you can bet your bottom dollar they won't willingly give you any money back!!).

Christine

This sounds like the emails that money man Martin Lewis was talking about a few weeks ago on GMTV.
I have had a few of them too I just delete them :hug:

its a fake.

DONT give them any information at all. Its a scam. you hand over your bank details and hey presto they empty your account.

I used to work in an accountants and a few of our clients recieved similar advice. we contacted HMRC and they assured that they would never ever send such an email.

THe only way they will contact you is via letter to your or your accountant (if you have one).

never reply to these and if you have, contact your bank immediately.................

Hi Missy G,

I've just checked your website and you are displaying your email address on your website. This makes it very easy for spybots to take your email and send you spam. If you hide your email behind a javascript button it makes things a lot harder for them. Please read here Cut & Paste Email Me button

hth
jes

Thanks guys, thought it was too good too be true, already knew what I was going to spend it on,as soon as I see it ..damn :lol:.
No seriously..crafty buggers ,looks so real !, although it did say ,do not phone Hmrc about it , and it went back to seven years ago :rolleyes:..Ive only been self employed 2 1/2 years, so thats what made me think...I will try and get hold of HMRC again to let them know Ive recieved it, and many thanks for the link Jes , can you check my website again please to see if Ive done it right ?
Cheers :)

Hiya,

No it's not working. You've pasted it straight onto the page. You need to open a HTLM box and then paste the info into that.

hth
jes

Hiya,

No it's not working. You've pasted it straight onto the page. You need to open a HTLM box and then paste the info into that.

hth
jes

Think Ive done it now.:)

THIS IS A SCAM!! I have phonned them when I got this email about 6 months ago. They asked me to forward the message to them as they have the police onto it. They said they will NEVER email you asking for your details. So please geeks be carefull! xxx

Posted via Mobile Device
I had this same e-mail today, clicked on the link which took me to my internet banking.
Alarm bells started ringing so I phoned hmrc and they told me they never e-mail you regarding refunds, you always have to apply.
Funnily enough the link I clicked on took me to a page that looked so genuine.

I havent had one of these emails Debbie, but I do get several saying that I missed my parcel delivery from UPS!

ive been getting a good few from abbey and egg saying they r online statement or refunds...i dont have an account with either of these banks so i know they r fake. also saying i have won something, just give me your bank details and we will forward the money on to you......eh naw!!!! as we say in scottyland xx

I had the same email a few times but it goes straight into my junk box so i just delete it & never read it!

Think Ive done it now.:)
Nearly, but not quite. It's not using your email address:). Try this. Delete what you put into the HTML box and copy and paste the following into it.

<FORM>
<INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Email Me" onClick="parent.location='mailto:[email protected]'">
</FORM>

*Important* Then replace the red [email protected] with your email address

Nearly, but not quite. It's not using your email address:). Try this. Delete what you put into the HTML box and copy and paste the following into it.

<FORM>
<INPUT TYPE="button" VALUE="Email Me" onClick="parent.location='mailto:[email protected]'">
</FORM>

*Important* Then replace the red [email protected] with your email address

Thats better seems to be ok now , many thanks for that .:hug:

Latest posts

Back