The Event...Is it for me ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really can't wait for this!

My education is *REALLY* important to me and as such I think that it is a very small price to pay for what (I'm expecting) will be a once in a lifetime educational event. The sheer amount of cumulative experience of the professionals that will be attending and showcasing their skills - flippin' 'eck I don't think I could afford to NOT go!

Also... the L&P kit that we're getting with it has made me decide to bite the proverbial bullet, don the dodgy blue gloves again and give L&P a chance! :green:

And I'm also looking forward to meeting many like minded geeks... all united in their love of nails! Could this *be* any better?!

Looking forward to meeting you all there! :hug:

I'm going and I'm not CND!

The reasons I am going is that there will be so much international nail talent under one roof with lots of brains to pick and learn from.....I think there will be so much to learn on the days.

Plus my kids will be going out for a day in Blackpool....couldn't think of anything worse myself....sorry Blackpoolers!

Plus I'll be there at the evening....got my ticket now:)
You should have brought the kids to go on the stuff at Chill Factor with OH. My Rachel loves it there apparently it's amazing!
I've not been unfortunately as I'm averse to any form of phsysical exercise:lol: I prefer the Trafford Centre...

Anyone attending the EVENT that is currently using another brand but who wants to convert to CND will leave the EVENT having the equivalent of a conversion class under their belt and be able to purchase CND professional products.

This EVENT is a TRAINING EDUCATION EVENT therefore you will have done the equivalent of a conversion AND go home with the products you need to make back much more than the EVENT ticket has cost you!!!.

Don't let the fact that you are not a CND user at the minute stop you from attending. You will have done much more than a conversion by the time you leave.
thats made it sound very tempting now! i wasn't going to go because i've not long finished my vtct college course and i want to save up my wages to do retention+ & brisa conversion courses. now you've made me think about it x

If you can afford it Lisa, you should go anyway. You don't have to convert you know? What would you gain? New application techniques, Popits training, Minx training, a great opportunity to network, a serious shot of motivation to give you back the eagerness and enthusiasm you experience when first trained (if you need it!), a great party and loads more.....:hug:
i am really thinking about it now, i trained at college using cnd retention+ and i'm really in love with all the cnd products.
now i'm trying to convince my other half that he can find plenty to do for 2 days on his own in manchester! x

Plus I'll be there at the evening....got my ticket now:)
You should have brought the kids to go on the stuff at Chill Factor with OH. My Rachel loves it there apparently it's amazing!
I've not been unfortunately as I'm averse to any form of phsysical exercise:lol: I prefer the Trafford Centre...
Looking forward to having a tipple with you Judy xxx, I think the bambinos will do the Chill Factore too, with dad and uncle Davie, could be a nightmare!

Looking forward to having a tipple with you Judy xxx
Did someone say tipple??????? :wink2: I'm going to be there too along with the E Midlands and Hartlepool posse, me thinks a few more than a tipple will be happening :lol:

Did someone say tipple??????? :wink2: I'm going to be there too along with the E Midlands and Hartlepool posse, me thinks a few more than a tipple will be happening :lol:
But think about day 2 lol! The last time I met you lot I was very good and went to bed earlyish, although I didnt stay for the second night where I believe all the action happened in one particular room! Looking forward to it!

OMG what am I letting myself in for! :Scared:

That wouldn't have been room 118 118 would it??? :o :o :o :lol:

We're pro's where voddy's concerned, we'll be kewl on the Saturday AND Sunday morning lmao

We're pro's where voddy's concerned, we'll be kewl on the Saturday AND Sunday morning lmao
Running on vodka fuelled blood all weekend then lmao!

Speak for yorself...I know I couldn't:lol::lol::lol:
Your fault Sandi that one definately.... something in the Spanish Voddy:eek:

Speak for yorself...I know I couldn't:lol::lol::lol:
Your fault Sandi that one definately.... something in the Spanish Voddy:eek:

spanish voddy .. yum yum ... its deffo stronger than here or maybe thats because they don't messure it ...:lol: (brought a couple bottles home sandi .. think they'd be gone before oct so you'd better bring more !!!)

spanish voddy .. yum yum ... its deffo stronger than here or maybe thats because they don't messure it ...:lol: (brought a couple bottles home sandi .. think they'd be gone before oct so you'd better bring more !!!)
:lol: I'm only bringing hand luggage so you'll have to beg me for duty free voddy if you want some :wink2:

:lol: I'm only bringing hand luggage so you'll have to beg me for duty free voddy if you want some :wink2:

ok begging .... bring a really big bag for hand luggage ......:lol: and you could wear one of them bum bags things and get a half bottle in there too:lol:

Hi,
This is the first time i've added a comment on here so i'm really sorry if i have done this wrong, i often log on and find you all so inspiring but have never plucked up the courage to add anything.
I found out about The Event today but i wasn't sure if it was for me because my first thought was that i'm not as good as everyone else who will be attending. I don't feel i'm anywhere near to being a Grand Master but after reading your words of wisdom i've decided that this Event will give me the kick up the bottom i need to get me focused on improving and working towards being the best i can. I'm certain it will be money well-invested (i can hear my credit-card crying, she's not convinced yet). I'm really nervous but so excited. I want it to be October now! Tomorrow i shall book my ticket.
If anyone around Leeds/Wetherby/Harrogate is going it would be great to hear from you, as you can see i'm billy-no-mates at the moment!
Cheers
Helen

Hi,
This is the first time i've added a comment on here so i'm really sorry if i have done this wrong, i often log on and find you all so inspiring but have never plucked up the courage to add anything.
I found out about The Event today but i wasn't sure if it was for me because my first thought was that i'm not as good as everyone else who will be attending. I don't feel i'm anywhere near to being a Grand Master but after reading your words of wisdom i've decided that this Event will give me the kick up the bottom i need to get me focused on improving and working towards being the best i can. I'm certain it will be money well-invested (i can hear my credit-card crying, she's not convinced yet). I'm really nervous but so excited. I want it to be October now! Tomorrow i shall book my ticket.
If anyone around Leeds/Wetherby/Harrogate is going it would be great to hear from you, as you can see i'm billy-no-mates at the moment!
Cheers
Helen

Awww...welcome helen...:hug:....you know this event isn't set at what standard you are at...ok you have to have done some training, but not to master level.

You will learn and get so much from this event and don't be shy...i for one will be telling everyone i am Bagpuss with a big smile and arms out for hug....so look out for me...:)

Hi,
Cheers
Helen

I'm going and as anyone here who knows me is aware, I did my training in 2005 and as yet have yet to work, infact as circumstances have been against me I haven't had much practice etc either although I do my own nails and have very trusty practice hand and fingers :lol:. For me this will be a major target to boost my confidence and to gain some much desired extra training. I've worried myself to frenzy point about being way to slow on the weekend or a frustration to who ever will end up working with me (if thats how it works of course!) but what ever happens, I know this will be good for me.

Looking forward to seeing you there hun, I reckon anyone who goes will get as much out of it as they try to get no matter where they are in their game :hug::hug:

thats made it sound very tempting now! i wasn't going to go because i've not long finished my vtct college course and i want to save up my wages to do retention+ & brisa conversion courses. now you've made me think about it x

Go for it babes you will have a great time!!!!

Fantastic news for all Scottish Geeks going to The Event - return flights from either Glasgow OR Edinburgh to Manchester are coming in at only £55!!!!!!

Book on the net - www.flybe.com

There are flight times still available from both airports on the Friday afternoon and evening, flying back Sunday evening:)

I was thinking about flying much cheaper than the train. But the kits wont be able to come home via plane will they??

Latest posts

Back