The Event...Is it for me ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi just heard about the event, is anyone planning to go alone, i know this is quite sad but i get really scared and nervous :ogoing to things like this but really want to go so would like to meet up with a few fellow geeks
awww bless ya hun,
I will be going on my own ...I HOPE !!!! (don't mean I hope I will be on my own....mean I HOPE I will be going lol)

I felt exactly the same last year over the gmex, I had to go on my own, and Glynis rescued me Didn't you G...
She met me outside, introduced me to others and looked after me,

You will meet up with peeps hun, I was dead shy when we had the geek meet lol...
I tend to keep my gob shut, untill someone starts talking to me......then I can't shut up, ESPECIALLY when I am nervous :green:

If this is an event....and don't kick my head in for saying this....why do we have the event thing?
I, atm, couldn't give a toss but why are some things in "events" and why are some threads?
I love you all as you know but wtf??
I understand fully well that Sam is "da main man" and if it's going to be a CND based website it's no probs to me.Yes I know it's always gonna be a problem but I UNDERSTAND IT!
I have mates who don't really give a cr*p about the products you use.
A CND website is good for me.
I live a little life..my clients coundn't give a sh*t tbh.
But as a really good friend? I hope I can count on you to see me ok, regardless of my product atm.
Don't turn this around Sam.
You are a great guy and Samantha is sooooo lucky to have you.
Well we'll excuse the hair on the posey cnd thing lmao

Judy I honestly don't understand this post at all??? Have you been on the razz with AB???? :eek: and for the record... he is lucky to have me too!!!! :smack: :lol:

No its that I just don't get the event thing at all.
The threads that get moved to events don't get seen by everyone.
Who looks in events??
Like I say friends love the site regardless of the product they use.
It's like "the other place" is regarded as more of an EzFlow site but I don't like the site tbh.
It is at the end of the day a great site but it just seems that other events are cast aside.
BTW no Samantha Gay Pride starts tonight for us lol:hug:
And Sam...I did post in a thread about coming to the evening but someone told me the tickets were for partners only.

There are countless threads where people discuss attending events, etc... that exist perfectly within the context of threads. These are threads started by people asking who is going, where they are staying etc...

I got a PM about 3 weeks ago from a user that has never even posted on the site asking me to make a sticky post to invite geeks to an particular brand specific roadshow. My answer to her was to say "post it in the events group". What got my goat was that this person only became interested in the community once she needs to sell tickets to a roadshow. On a personal level, I get kind of ticked off about that (I guess I feel 'used'). I then find out that another member of this brand joined the site to start mass spamming users via PMs to invite them to the show. From my perspective, if you give a **** about a community, you become involved in it without the need to see $$$ in doing so.

So how is The Event different than the above?

S2 put up this site, foots the bills, participates heavily in all facets of the community and welcomes all regardless of whether there is $$$ in it or not. It has always been that way since I started the site (before S2 even existed) and it continues that way even now that S2 distributes. Ultimately the driving factor is not "what we can do for $$$", it is "what can we do for the industry".

S2 puts on an Event, welcomes all (qualified) to it regardless of the 'return', because it is something that the industry needs. People can come to The Event or they can come to The Party, or they can come to neither. I haven't posted here about it, I haven't asked others to do it (which in comparison is a rarity) and it is very relevant to the core culture of this site. In other words, I haven't leveraged salongeek.com to try and get people to come to our event (unlike others).

FWIW, I could put on an Event for the entire industry and thats all we would get: S2 brands. The cold reality is that for over 6 years salongeek.com has existed, we have literally begged other brands to join the forum and help professionals evolve, however time and time again, little to nothing manifests unless its someone joining only to use the PM system to spam members or request to make their first post a sticky advertisement for a roadshow they want to do. Last year, I asked several brands if they wanted to do something 'different', all I got was shrugged shoulders, citing that they are happy with the current crop of trade shows (better the devil you know I guess). So what did we do? In typical S2 culture, we bucked the trend and decided to do something on our own, for what we feel is the betterment of the industry. Will you see us flogging product at Professional Beauty North? Nope. Why? Because for the same reason that this site exists, we have decided to 'give back' in the only way we know we can: A celebration that will make a difference.

So (he says getting off his soapbox)... Do I want threads promoting money making events on this site made by people who can't even be asked to participate on the site? Nope. Do I mind if people are participating in discussions about 'Who is going to G-Mex' or 'Who can I bunk up with when I go to Excel' or 'Where should I stay at when I go to The Event'? Nope. Those are valid discussions. As I mentioned earlier, it is an Event for those that participate in the S2 culture. This site, is part of the foundation that makes that culture.

Now to answer your specific points :p

If you want to go to The Event and are a qualified professional... OR if you want to just come to The Party... you're damned straight you can go (I don't feel like it would be a party without you Judy!).

As to your point about the 'other site'... I thought it died awhile ago (unless I am thinking of another 'elite' site!).

Judy... I hope I didn't grandstand on my soapbox too much... To me, you're a unique star of this community and I don't give a rats ass what you use. I just want to make sure that you feel as welcome to come as a valuable member of the site as any other person that wants to come party or learn with us. I hope my novel help clarify my feelings on the matter for you and others.

nJoy!

Well said Samuel and Amen!

(ahem:o:lol:) To return to the original post........

Carla, I'm hoping to attend the event, but alas there's a couple of things going on in my personal life that I need to see how they span out before I can commit, but yes, hopefully I will be going. Also, Kirsty (aka Amethyst_Angel on this site) is definitely going. We are both local to you I notice and so if you'd like to pm and say hi so you kind of know a face before you go you are more than welcome:green:

No its that I just don't get the event thing at all.
The threads that get moved to events don't get seen by everyone.
Who looks in events??
Like I say friends love the site regardless of the product they use.
It's like "the other place" is regarded as more of an EzFlow site but I don't like the site tbh.
It is at the end of the day a great site but it just seems that other events are cast aside.
BTW no Samantha Gay Pride starts tonight for us lol:hug:
And Sam...I did post in a thread about coming to the evening but someone told me the tickets were for partners only.

whats the other place ?

Thanks Sam. Made me feel completely welcome at a party I thought I was excluded from simply because I wasn't a partner or a CND tech x
I don't think I add that much to the site but did spit my dummy out a little because I felt like simply because I'm not CND I was a bit left out, not my usual way tbh but it's been a weird kindof year for me.
A couple of PM's and we are all sorted and I will go to the night thing if no-one objects.
Would love to see all you geeks and if anyone needs accomodation I'm not too far away so let me know.
It's been a crappy year and I'm a bit touchy so sorry about that x:hug:

Thanks Sam. Made me feel completely welcome at a party I thought I was excluded from simply because I wasn't a partner or a CND tech x
I don't think I add that much to the site but did spit my dummy out a little because I felt like simply because I'm not CND I was a bit left out, not my usual way tbh but it's been a weird kindof year for me.
A couple of PM's and we are all sorted and I will go to the night thing if no-one objects.
Would love to see all you geeks and if anyone needs accomodation I'm not too far away so let me know.

:hug: x x x x x x x x x x x x x :hug:

well I for one cant wait to see you at the party. No one is left out of this.. all are welcome!:hug:

Can I just say though, I dont think Judy is the only one who feels that way. I know I feel a bit left out too:cry:

Thats not S2/Creative's fault, it's my choice which product I use, the supplier just happens to be boring!!!!

I was so excited though when news of 'The Event' broke, and was a huge dissapointment when i discovered that it will be cnd products/freebies, not sure why I expected any different actually?:rolleyes:

In an ideal world I'd convert, but in my first year of business it's just not financially viable.

Oh well, looks like i'm on the bench for this one:smack:

If you can afford it Lisa, you should go anyway. You don't have to convert you know? What would you gain? New application techniques, Popits training, Minx training, a great opportunity to network, a serious shot of motivation to give you back the eagerness and enthusiasm you experience when first trained (if you need it!), a great party and loads more.....:hug:

I suppose you need to weigh out the cost of a ticket vs the cost of a conversion course (with kit included).

If my memory serves me right, the cost of a conversion course is about the same as the price of a ticket for the Event.

Which one is more important.........?

Well after a big op and a crappy year the event sounded just the ticket but the price is too big for a small fish like me. But saying that I am soooooooo happy its happening and that so many of you will benefit so much from it I mean Jan Arnold and Gigi alone are worth the money.
So if you can go then do it :)

I suppose you need to weigh out the cost of a ticket vs the cost of a conversion course (with kit included).

If my memory serves me right, the cost of a conversion course is about the same as the price of a ticket for the Event.

Which one is more important.........?

Anyone attending the EVENT that is currently using another brand but who wants to convert to CND will leave the EVENT having the equivalent of a conversion class under their belt and be able to purchase CND professional products.

This EVENT is a TRAINING EDUCATION EVENT therefore you will have done the equivalent of a conversion AND go home with the products you need to make back much more than the EVENT ticket has cost you!!!.

Don't let the fact that you are not a CND user at the minute stop you from attending. You will have done much more than a conversion by the time you leave.

seems to me geeg that you are saying this over and over again, peeps are just not getting the concept of this - ITS AN EDUCATIONAL EVENT,NOT A PRODUCT EVENT - you will learn loads from this, so anyone having doubts - DONT

Anyone attending the EVENT that is currently using another brand but who wants to convert to CND will leave the EVENT having the equivalent of a conversion class under their belt and be able to purchase CND professional products.

This EVENT is a TRAINING EDUCATION EVENT therefore you will have done the equivalent of a conversion AND go home with the products you need to make back much more than the EVENT ticket has cost you!!!.

Don't let the fact that you are not a CND user at the minute stop you from attending. You will have done much more than a conversion by the time you leave.

Have I been told off?!?! :smack:

I wasn't aware, sorry. There have just been far too many threads on this site about this event to read through them all thoroughly to get all the info! I think this is turning into the Popits threads all over again!!

I don't see anywhere about you getting a certificate like a proper conversion? (Not that I'm fussed as I'm already trained) I've checked the event group and S2 website. I understand everyone will get invaluable training, but I bet a lot of people will be after a certificate.

Have I been told off?!?! :smack:

I wasn't aware, sorry. There have just been far too many threads on this site about this event to read through them all thoroughly to get all the info! I think this is turning into the Popits threads all over again!!

:lol: There have been quite a few....so i have merged a few to hopefully make it easier...I have now made it into just 4 threads, there is...

The Event...Is it for me ?
The Event...Who's going ?
The Event...Where is everyone staying ?
The Event...What to wear ?

I think that should about cover it.

Thanks Fiona, and yeh I know I should attend, just for the experience!!

It sounds fantastic and yes I can afford to attend 'The Event', it's the cost of rebranding my entire salon that I can not afford, and I know that's exactly what I'm going to want to do!!!:eek:

and...I am aware of the concept of 'The Event', but learning techniques with one product that may not necessarily work with my product, would prove extrremely frustrating, for me anyway!!!:lol:

Thanks for that information though Gigi, I wasn't aware of that either.

I'm going and I'm not CND!

The reasons I am going is that there will be so much international nail talent under one roof with lots of brains to pick and learn from.....I think there will be so much to learn on the days.

Plus my kids will be going out for a day in Blackpool....couldn't think of anything worse myself....sorry Blackpoolers!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back