*The Official Big Brother 8 Thread*

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I'd have got Emily out as soon as that word came out of her mouth. I can't believe that comment slipped off her tongue so easily... I really can't.

She wouldn't have been standing if she'd done that in the real world.

well well well

emily used the n word and now she is out!

it served her right, she was very thoughtless and silly

as a black woman i was very offended

Charley was saying she wasn't offended at all but she blantly was coz she kept going on about it. I am glad Emily is out though, coz she shoulnd't have used that word at all.

Charley was saying she wasn't offended at all but she blantly was coz she kept going on about it. I am glad Emily is out though, coz she shoulnd't have used that word at all.

I was offended and I'm white!

Charley obviously was offended and I would be too - she was quite within her right to be. I think she handled it very calmly, as did Nicky because if I had been there, I would have pulled her up about that.

Even the word 'Wigger' is offensive - and come on, Bristol's not like South London!

Emily is a spoilt brat with an over inflated ego.

Morn Geeks I 2 am glad that Emilys out of the BB House.Im From Bristol and I know No One that uses that word the way she did. I felt ashamed when she looked up and said that all her friends from Bristol use this word she was trying 2 make out that its ok 2 talk that way and Im sorry Its not she was bang out of order.

I'm glad that Emily was chucked out because she was a bitch...........not because of the N word. She was obviously trying to be 'street' and failed miserably. It was clear that she didn't mean anything racical.

However, I feel strongly that the N word shouldn't be used by anyone, BLACK or WHITE. It's offensive and how can anyone expect to be treated with respect when they call each other it. So, ban offensive and racist language full stop...........for everyone. We want racial harmony, not racial divide.

Anyway, back to BB..........I think Ziggy is gorgeous. I wonder what the blokes who are going in tonight are like.

I'm glad that Emily was chucked out because she was a bitch...........not because of the N word. She was obviously trying to be 'street' and failed miserably. It was clear that she didn't mean anything racical.

However, I feel strongly that the N word shouldn't be used by anyone, BLACK or WHITE. It's offensive and how can anyone expect to be treated with respect when they call each other it. So, ban offensive and racist language full stop...........for everyone. We want racial harmony, not racial divide.

Anyway, back to BB..........I think Ziggy is gorgeous. I wonder what the blokes who are going in tonight are like.

yep ziggy does it for me too (then again any fella with a pulse does it for me pmsl at the minute)

I really believe that she didnt have a clue what that word really means and why it is offensive. She seemed to think it was just a word used in rap songs.
However I think channel 4 did the right thing in removing her. Maybe now she will think before she goes to use that term again.
I really dont think any sort of offensive terms or behaviour should be tolerated whether it be racial, sexual or to do with apperance such as size issues especially in a programme with such a high percentage of young and sometimes easily influenced viewers.

I really believe that she didnt have a clue what that word really means and why it is offensive. She seemed to think it was just a word used in rap songs.
However I think channel 4 did the right thing in removing her. Maybe now she will think before she goes to use that term again.
I really dont think any sort of offensive terms or behaviour should be tolerated whether it be racial, sexual or to do with apperance such as size issues especially in a programme with such a high percentage of young and sometimes easily influenced viewers.

It most definately is a word used a lot in rap songs. 50 cent constantly uses it, ok they are usually black but its still offensive and very confusing for young people as to whether its a word to be used or not.

FINAL THOUGHT ON THIS SUBJECT:

I was one of the people that wanted Jade & Co be evicted. I voted for Shilpa to win because of the person she is and nothing to do with her race.

However, I let Ch4 know (I need to get out more) that I wasn't happy that Jermaine's comment about them being 'White trash' wasn't treated as racist. I'll say it again..........We want racial harmony, not racial divide.

I'll shut up now. xx

course she knew what she was saying.

she knows what that word means.

it slipped out way to easy for it to be something she just said. i think she does use it with her mates.

It most definately is a word used a lot in rap songs. 50 cent constantly uses it, ok they are usually black but its still offensive and very confusing for young people as to whether its a word to be used or not.
I agree, I dont understand why anyone would use the word when it is so offensive.

Yep agreed, she knew what she was saying.

What an offensive thing to say, no matter whether it was in jest or not!

I Was well shocked the word just rolled off her tongue too.

For someone who's sposed be well educated:eek:it beggars belief !

Charley is STILL doing my head in though...and shabnam

Ziggy is gorge but everso slightly irritating me too.

Chanelle is a fiesty one isnt she ! think she over reacted a TEENY BIT:green:last night.

TWINS need to stop jumping on the setees ....

GAWD only knows who i would want to win:eek: !

Amb x

i think Ziggy likes the word "bitch" so much he has started to become one...is there anyone left that he hasn't had a row with...??...is chanelle not big enough to stand up for herself...??...why when he says "its finished" does he follow with why it started in the first place...and then go on and on...sorry but i think he likes the sound of his own voice too much and shouts over people...YUK !!

I dont know what it is this year but I'm finding it quite irritating ... I only watch it if I'm home! Maybe its because its full of girls ... they don't seem to be doing much other than talking, its just seems to get wierder & wierder!! :lol: Bring the MEN ON!! :green:

I didnt watch it last night but "that" word isn't someting that I use ... its disrespectful & offensive!!

i think Ziggy likes the word "bitch" so much he has started to become one...is there anyone left that he hasn't had a row with...??...is chanelle not big enough to stand up for herself...??...why when he says "its finished" does he follow with why it started in the first place...and then go on and on...sorry but i think he likes the sound of his own voice too much and shouts over people...YUK !!

I find Ziggy manipulating Chanelle so the public don't think bad of her.. if you see what I mean... telling her to go and apologise etc etc

He is definitely puffing out his chest and strutting like a pigeon... but he's a big manly fish in a pond full of freaky women fish... wait until some more men come in... the transformation will be fun to watch!

Latest BB news is that in place of the eviction which should have taken place this evening, two more guys will be going into the house .... Ziggy, that ego of yours is going to get bruised!

I do think it is important that BB deals with things clearly and equally.
Anyone of any race can be racist - race does not mean colour, it means race - An Englishman can hate a Welshman and they are both white.

Last year in CBB, Jermain Jackson called Jade and Jackie 'white trash' - How can that be allowed!?
If the victim is white it can't be racist???
Makes no sense to me, but that's the message BB are consistently sending out.

I wan't to make it clear what I meant earlier about Grace and Aisleyne.

Last summer in BB7 Aisleyne came into the house (in a box). She was a white girl who had grown up in an area of London similar to me. People both in the house and out refferd to her as a 'wannabe' blackgirl, suggesting she wasn't proud to be white.... that's rubbish!
What people failed to grasp is that when you grow up in that environment, in a mixing pot of race and culture you are what you are. You talk the same, dance the same - you live in a mixed culture where race isn't important.

To Aisleyne, saying batty instead of bum was normal - we all have different accents and ways of saying things don't we?........ depends on where you grow up, not what you look like!
but
whilst Grace, the nasty cow, was slagging Aisleyne off (again) to the rest of the group, she openly called her a Wigger. She went onto confirm what she meant so there was no confusion - but wasn't even questioned about it.
In BB rules, use of the Nword would have been punishable - but Aisleyne was white, so Grace swapped an N for a W and suddenly it means nothing?! Why not?! It still makes me sick!!

Last night on BBs Big Mouth someone said that there is no 'grey area' when it comes to using the Nword............... I'm not so sure.
What about when you mix black and white and the Nword becomes the Wword?
They mean the same thing to me....... clear as black and white.
But, that seems to be a very grey area for BB!

Yeah 2 more men in tonight lets get this started yayaaaaaaaaa

Latest posts

Back