The ~Official~ Strictly Come Dancing Thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John has gone....he has pulled out....

A shame...he was great fun xxxx

I am gutted!!!

I know it is a dance competition....but let's be honest it is more of a personality contest really, and John was very endearing and entertaining. Although the thought of him doing a Jive or a Salsa was a bit scary, he would have been voted out then.

One thing John has done IMHO is that he has actually made the judges work for their money this series, as when 2 good dancers are in the bottom 2 then the judges really have to scrutinise their dances and justify their choice. If John was in the bottom 2 I don't even think they would watch his dance off!!

Has anyone else noticed all the wine the judges seem to drink between the 'Live Show and the results show!!!

Wow! I didn't even realise until I read this thread!! Can't believe it, he gave no indication that he was going to pull out earlier this week. Suppose I can see how the 'bullying' and possibly the paparazzi can get to someone doing what is supposed to be a fun competition!

Was there anything said on It Takes Two? A one second power cut made the recording fail!

LOL about the wine!

It was a 1 hour special....from 6-7...but i still only switched over at 6.30:irked:
TBH all a bit OTT with Pressconferences and the like, but i am sorry to see him and Christina go like this.
Brian Fortuna:Love:, as always said all the right things and was very supportive of John and Christina, whilst all the judges were a bit hypocritical IMO.

What wasn't said though was....that if John was in the bottom 2 for the last 4 weeks, and yet always got through, then he must have had a heck of a lot of votes.
Therefore he has raised an awful lot of money for Children in Need....which is one of the main things about the Show, surely??? so WELL DONE JOHN!!!

Oh Izzi you missed the interview with James Jordan then LOL - he was on with Kate Garraway and Anton - he said that he felt John had done a really selfish thing and everyone should have trusted the voting public. He said that John had made the show about him and that the risk now is whoever wins will not be remembered in this series but John will LOL.

Anton and Kate both said that it was very unlikely that John would have won - remember Chris Parker (Batman LOL) in series 1 he got to the final but he didnt win.

If John had stayed in then the public would start to become cheesed off and for example the people who have previously voted for Cherie would not now be voting for John so his spread of the votes would start to dwindle.

By pulling out he has not saved anyone because what they will now do is only have two couples in the final instead of the 3 that was planned.

I agree about the money raised though.

But it does in some small way say to the viewing public that they cannot be trusted to choose the right winner.

I was unclear on his motives after he was on It Takes Two. He seemed to be saying he was afraid he might win, which even he didn't think was right. That as each week went by and some fantastic dancers were leaving it was becoming more and more stressful because they were glad to still be there but the effect on the other couples both leaving and left was difficult. He also said at some stage he would end up being voted off either before or in the final and it would be this terrible humiliation. That was the bit when I started thinking, no hang on, this isn't right. James obviously feels very strongly but once I thought about it yesterday I could see his point to a degree. Saturdays show now wont be about the others, it will be about John even though everyone else will still be competing to stay in. It wouldn't have been nice to be voted off but when you sign up thats what is part of the deal. I assume he knew he wasn't a dancer and he clearly knows how the voting works so it seems to me he knew it would be a popularity vote to keep him in each week and not his dancing. He played that line in every conversation so to bow out and mention the humiliation when/if he would have been voted off eventually just changed how I saw it.

Just my opinion, don't shoot me :hug::hug::hug:

I was sad to see Jodie go last night, although tbh I think that I will be sad to see them all go now as they are all good.

I don't have a favourite to win, I think Rachel is great but I also love Tom.....None of them are wowing me like Alisha did last year though....yet

I was sad to see Jodie go last night, although tbh I think that I will be sad to see them all go now as they are all good.

I don't have a favourite to win, I think Rachel is great but I also love Tom.....None of them are wowing me like Alisha did last year though....yet

Me too, I really liked Jodie and her improvement was amazing......

I reckon the next 2 to go are Lisa and Christine, then Austin with the final 2 being Rachel and Tom...... The standard is so high though......

Me too, I really liked Jodie and her improvement was amazing......

I reckon the next 2 to go are Lisa and Christine, then Austin with the final 2 being Rachel and Tom...... The standard is so high though......

I think it was such a shame she had the jive this week, if she hadn't she'd still be in I think. Although I have to agree, don't want any of them to go now really.

I definitely think Tom will get to the final then I'll be voting like mad. His Saturday night fever dancing was absolutely amazing. I know Austin is good but Tom just had that extra umph... he just looked so comfortable and at ease with it, like he was really enjoying it.

It's getting really juicy now isn't it..

Well I wanted Rachel and Vincent to win, but then I saw Tom's Show Dance and was completely wowed by it - so I'm glad he won.

I thought Brendan & Lisa's show dance was awful - he looked like he was really struggling on some of those lifts - trying too hard to copy some of the spectacular moves from the show dance couple last week and failing miserably!

Well done Tom and Camilla! :)

I missed it did Tom win? if so...YAY!!

I missed it did Tom win? if so...YAY!!

Yep, Tom did win. Personally I wanted Rachel or Lisa to win, but there you go! Tom's show dance didn't wow me, but it's the first time ever I've not agreed with the winner......

I loved the dance from Alesha & Matthew, Darren & Lilya, Jill & Darren and Mark & Karen - it was wicked!!

I managed to miss most of the second program but am dissapointed with the results. I struggle with the fact I watch it as a dance competition and watch the contestants try so hard but to the voting public it seems a popularity contest. I was sure Rachel and Vincent would win!

I wanted Tom to win. I said a few weeks ago that Austin would go then Lisa and it would be between Tom and Rachel. Normally the final can be won or lost on the show dance alone - look at Colin and Erin - they should have won but their show dance was so awful that Darren and Lilia won instead.

I have felt for ages that Tom has been marked low inspite of the judges comments for previous dances.

This is a dance competition and an entertainment show and IMO Tom was more entertaining than Rachel but Rachel was more perfect than Tom if that makes sense.

Tom is a nice guy, but I don't think the voting public made the right choice. He floundered on a step in his first dance, as did Rachel at the end of one of her dances. Mistakes are mistakes and they were noticable on the night it counted.

I really do think Lisa and Brendan deserved to win. I think the voting audience are fickle and they have shown this with other reality TV shows as well. It irks me, because the people who really deserve to win, based on talent and ability, don't.

Just adding my 2 pence worth, but there you go.

What a show!! :green:

I had wanted Rachel to be the winner for a while now but after their how dance I can see why Tom and Camilla won. They were great.

The whole thing is just a matter of opinion and that goes for the judges too. Lisa was most definitely overscored in the cha cha, she looked really half hearted in parts, 4 10's for that was an absolute joke. And if you ask me then Tom's samba should've been scored as highly as was just superb. He's a born entertainer and was amazing from his very first dance. The same definitely can't be said of Lisa. I think the right person won.

Latest posts

Back