The ~Official~ Strictly Come Dancing Thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vetty

Lost and happy geek!
Reaction score
So, who's watching this years SCD? Any early favourites? I think the overall standard this year is very high (except Gary Rhodes, lol). The girls look generally good and a couple of the boys are very easy on the eye - step up Mark Foster and Tom Chambers!!!!

This Saturday it's the boys again and they are dancing either a Jive or a Tango - can't wait :green:!!!

I am with this one Vetty! After Gary Rhodes has gone it is very difficult to say who would be next. - all coming down to how popular they are I guess and not how well they can dance. Such high standards all round this year.

Even my husband is loving it this year too! :) He still wont take me dancing though.

I am already hooked... love it... and this year have the daily updates on Sky+ so I don't miss any of that either.. hehe....

Gary Rhodes has no rhythm and hams it up too much, I think he will go this week as he still thinks he is a perfectionist :irked:.... but his last dance wasn't good... poor Karen!!

I can't get over how much 'our' Kim Lawless looks like Jessie Wallace ... they could be sisters :hug:

Don't forget bonkers Claudia Winkelman on It Takes Two......much more fun than watching the news these days!!! Love it!!

I don't think Gary Rhodes will last, not because of his dancing, but he isn't coming over as that nice either, and even Karen looks a bit fed up with him!!

I expected John Sergeant to be pretty awful, but his waltz was really lovely, and he is just so nice, so no matter how bad he is at the Jive this week I hope he goes through.

It is all the better this year for having Mark Foster though...although he dances like a plank of wood, must be all those muscles.mmmmmm

Oh dear, what is Gary Rhodes up to? He has been known to be less than diplomatic on some of his cooking shows.

I have not been following SCD but may have to tune in.

I'm loving it!! I hate Gary Rhodes on this, I am finding him really conceited when he talks. Reminds me of myself with nails. He doesn't expect to not be able to do it well so he cant accept he's pants at it!! John Sargeant, how cool was that waltz, I watched that a few times, joys of Sky+, and love it but I can't see him keeping that standard going. Personally I love Brendan and Lisa, bad temper and all, he really seems to like Lisa and on last nights It takes two, she was as keen on dancing with him as ever and enjoying the training. I like a bit of personality!

Was anybody else blown away by the professionals group dance on Sunday? WOW!!! Not to mention Jill Halfpenny doing her jive routine again four years on, how great was that dance?!

I am with this one Vetty! After Gary Rhodes has gone it is very difficult to say who would be next. - all coming down to how popular they are I guess and not how well they can dance. Such high standards all round this year.

Even my husband is loving it this year too! :) He still wont take me dancing though.

Oey i know what you mean my husband wont take me either :irked: i love it, i can only go to mojive when he's away on business lol
Im lovin it, ive watched every series so far, cant get enough of it lol i think Tom has got a really good chance of winning this year. I cant remember her name, i think its john sergents partner, that new pro dancer, it's really bugging me the way she's trying to be Maralyn Monroe :rolleyes: good dancer though. I love Brendan, hope he stays in, think he will this year, i love it when he gets lairy ! :lol:

I am loving it too although I missed the girls show as I was in Barcelona, but I was home in time to see the results show.

I dont think I will start having a fave until I have seen them do ballroom and latin. I am cringing at the thought of John S doing a jive although his waltz was charming LOL.

I am cringing at the thought of John S doing a jive although his waltz was charming LOL.

That is the bit I am looking forward to most! :lol:

Was anybody else blown away by the professionals group dance on Sunday? WOW!!! Not to mention Jill Halfpenny doing her jive routine again four years on, how great was that dance?!

The group dance was awesome, and I loved Jill and Darren's jive again!!

I love Brendan, hope he stays in, think he will this year, i love it when he gets lairy ! :lol:

I can't stand Brendan - I think he's arrogant and attention seeking! It's not about how much he can teach his partner, he just wants it to be Strictly Brendan Dancing, lol!!!!

I can't stand Brendan - I think he's arrogant and attention seeking! It's not about how much he can teach his partner, he just wants it to be Strictly Brendan Dancing, lol!!!!

He can come and be arrogant and attention seeking with me anytime, I dont know what it is about him but phwoar!!

I so glad Gary went on yesterday he was the worse dancer imho. x

I so glad Gary went on yesterday he was the worse dancer imho. x

Definitely - I felt sorry for Karen though, she had a useless partner last year as well....... I guess that's the pay-off for having won with Mark Ramprakash :lol:

I hope Mark Foster loosens up a bit, and I can't wait for Austin to do a ballroom - see if he's as good there as at the Latin!

Me too on the Gary front, shame about Karen though, so nice! How good were the group dances again, both professional and the girls. I have to say Antons quite a character isn't he but what a dance with Erin.

Just need my Brendan fix now next Saturday!!

I think I just have a thing about men that can dance :lol:

Austin's first dance was a waltz so he certainly is an all rounder. We need to see now if Tom can ballroom.

My daughter does a dance class which is run by an ex Come dancing dancer and she (not my daughter lol) knows lots of the dancers. She has got them to do some performances at the medal presentations and we have seen Darren & Lilia, Anton & Erin, Ian & Camilla, and Flavia & Vincent. The last one was James and Ola but I didnt think my hubbies blood pressure would take it LOL.

Anton was such a hoot as a compere,

Austin's first dance was a waltz so he certainly is an all rounder. We need to see now if Tom can ballroom.

I'm muddling up my hot male dancers here!!!! I knew one of them hadn't done a ballroom yet, lol!

Luv it this year but my hubby dont like it so glad got sky+ lol
Like them all and cant wait for the girls dance at the weekend.

x

So, which of the girls are on their way out tonight then?? On last night's performance it should be Jessie (even though I felt really sorry for her when she cried), but on past SCD form I reckon she'll get through and the dance off will be 2 of the better dancers....... Jodie and Heather maybe?

Cherie was amazing again and so was Rachel, not sure about the make group dance though!!

I'll be glad when the boys and girls are all together next week.......

Im loving it too, and love the dresses!!!! They are to die for!!! although I did think whoever put poor Jessie Wallis in the hideous, most unflattering dress last night should be sacked!! lol. Poor girl, she wont like seeing that played back me thinks!....
I love Jodie Kid, she seems very nice person and I love the fact she's so natural looking in rehearsal, and doesn't wear any make-up & doesn't care!! well done her!

Girls you need to work on those hubbies, I enroled me and mine in Jan and we're taking our first medals in two weeks. I asked him if he wanted me to find someone else to take and the bottom line is the thought of you wrapping your legs round another man in an argentine tango will soon get them on the dancefloor with you lol

Can't take my eyes off Matthew Cutler, he's gorgeous!

Latest posts

Back