Times needed to perform waxing services

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildflower

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm a new esti right out of school. My 1st job in a new salon. They are asking me to give them the time that I will be needing for all my waxing services...Help? I know that as a beginner I will take longer at first. Does anyone know where I can get some estimated times for waxing from brazilian to toes. I know that a brazilian will probably take me 60 mins, and a eyebrow 25mins, toes 10mins....but what about times for full face, back, chest, arms, ears......etc.......help!

Hi!
I'm a new esti right out of school. My 1st job in a new salon. They are asking me to give them the time that I will be needing for all my waxing services...Help? I know that as a beginner I will take longer at first. Does anyone know where I can get some estimated times for waxing from brazilian to toes. I know that a brazilian will probably take me 60 mins, and a eyebrow 25mins, toes 10mins....but what about times for full face, back, chest, arms, ears......etc.......help!

In the UK the commercially accepted times were included in the assessment books that we were assessed with at college, did you have similar in San Antonio?

When starting out your timings will be slower, a 1/2 leg used to take me 40 minutes, bikini 1/2 and hour and underarm about 15-20 minutes. Now I do all three in 35 minutes. May not be as quick as some more experienced geeks but at least it gives you some idea.

Why not carry out some treatments and time yourself, from prep to finish.

I will certainly take your advise...the salon is still underconstruction...will be ready to open in a few weeks. The manager is also new and wanted to know how much time each waxing service would take for client scheduling.

Thanks for you input

I don't remember getting that information.....but i'll certainly check with the school...thank you.

As you get more practice and more comfortable waxing, your time will improve. I've been waxing for 8 years and this is how I book...

brows, lip, chin or full face 15 minutes
underarm or bikini 15 minutes
forearm 15 minutes
Full arm 30 minutes
Full leg (with or without bikini) 45 minutes
Lower leg 30 minutes
Brazilian female 15 minutes
brazilian male 30 minutes

Most of the time it takes me just under the time that i book, but the schedule works in 15 minute increments. The better you get, the faster you get, the more money you make.

I use roll on wax which I find alot quicker than spatula and pot

Brow 10 min
lip 10 min
bikini 15min
half leg 20 min
full leg 25 min
u arm 15 min
fore arm 15 min
hth hun x

Hi!

Firstly I think its great your new salon are asking for your own personal timings. The first salon I ever worked in allowed 20 minutes for half leg wax which I could never manage !

For some treatments I do an estimated time eg, eyebrows 10 - 20 mins if someone is just having a quick tidy it will be done in a few minutes but if you have a client with huge brows thats never had them waxed before it will take a little longer.

My general timings are,

Lip/Chin - 15 mins
Bikini 20 mins
U/A 15 mins
H/Leg - 30mins
Full Leg - 60mins

I remember taking ages when I first started, waxing is not my favourite treatment so im never going to be the speediest !

For some treatments I do an estimated time eg, eyebrows 10 - 20 mins if someone is just having a quick tidy it will be done in a few minutes but if you have a client with huge brows thats never had them waxed before it will take a little longer.

My general timings are,

Lip/Chin - 15 mins
Bikini 20 mins
U/A 15 mins
H/Leg - 30mins
Full Leg - 60mins

I remember taking ages when I first started, waxing is not my favourite treatment so im never going to be the speediest ![/quote] (quoted from bombini)

these times are similar to mine, the more you do it the quicker you get! better to give yourself that extra few minutes and be on time than to be rushed and be late for clients xx:)

:)Thanks! You guys have certainly helped!

If they are asking you for your timings make sure you give yourself a realistic time, so that you dont get yourself in a flap, esp when clients are running late. Also, clients don't like to be rushed (although waxing does tend to be the quicker the better). best of luck x

Latest posts

Back