Tint tooooo dark eyebrows

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worthit

Reaction score
Hi All,

It's happened to me twice lateley and it's totally my fault but how do you get tint off when it's too dark:rolleyes: i read a thread on here recently and it said Vodka was good it didn't work for me:rolleyes: the other one was washing up liquid it didn't work for me :rolleyes: so has anyone out there got any tips to how to get it off when it goes to dark pleaaaaaase:cry:

Thanks all in advance

Kate xx

Think i may have read some where on that lemon juice will do the trick but do a search first hun to make sure,
oh and don't get it in your eyes (ouch)

to be honest, its better of you do start with them a bit darker!

but if you desperately want them lightened, i would use a bit of facial bleach, for just for say 30 - 60 seconds at a time, till it lifts it out a bit. But beware, it may go orange!!

to be honest, its better of you do start with them a bit darker!

but if you desperately want them lightened, i would use a bit of facial bleach, for just for say 30 - 60 seconds at a time, till it lifts it out a bit. But beware, it may go orange!!

Hi It's just the client didn't want them that dark and I was panicking cox it was a split secoond tooo long and she wasn't pleased with me she said she was but I know she wasn't:rolleyes: so I really needed to get it lighter for her just nothing worked which ofcourse makes it worse:rolleyes:

Kate

Think i may have read some where on that lemon juice will do the trick but do a search first hun to make sure,
oh and don't get it in your eyes (ouch)

Thanks for the tip I will try that hopefully there won't be a next time:)

Kate xxxxx

hehe i always do this to myself when i do my own! x

i always explain to my clients that if they let me do them a touch too dark to start with, in a couple of days they will fade to a better colour but last longer than if i was to tint them to the colour they want straight off.

Eyebrow tints do seem to fade pretty quickly, maybe they are already a bit better. x

Just out of interest, before I get my tinting notes out again! I've never had to do it (not done many) but you are only able to tint once in one session right?

i dunno the 'official' rule for this, but i wouldnt think too much abot it,.
the tints are so weak i dont think you would do any damage. its only bleaching really that you have to be careful with, because whilst it strips the colour, it also strips alot of the good stuff (moisture etc) in the hair and weakens it. Adding colour only adds / changes the molecules in the cortex, rather than stripping them.

Just out of interest, before I get my tinting notes out again! I've never had to do it (not done many) but you are only able to tint once in one session right?

I have really light blonde eyebrows and when i tint mine i do them very quickly, on and off but sometimes they just seem to take very quick and end up darker than i would of liked them but like others have said, within a couple of days they have lightened anyway and i am glad they went darker cos the colour lasts that little bit longer.

Just explain that this is usual and will fade within 2 days if she isn't happy she won't have it done again and eventually you will get the timing down.

I have had clients before where when i have took the tint off the colour has continued to develope :eek: These things test us!

Try not to worry too much and maybe try just doing one brow at a time, on and off. Better to get the colour right in the first place without then having to stress over lightening them.
I have done two applications in one session on clients and three on my own. No harm done.

:hug:

i dunno the 'official' rule for this, but i wouldnt think too much abot it,.
the tints are so weak i dont think you would do any damage. its only bleaching really that you have to be careful with, because whilst it strips the colour, it also strips alot of the good stuff (moisture etc) in the hair and weakens it. Adding colour only adds / changes the molecules in the cortex, rather than stripping them.

The only reason I was wondering is because I was thinking a way to stop this happening was to have the tint on for a very short time and remove, then if further colour was required tint could be repeated to give a darker look. I just couldn't remember what was mentioned in training! xx

Most of the time with new clients I will only leave the tint on their brows for a very short time and re-apply 2 or 3 times if I need to. If you are tinting them darker then there will be no harm done.

I too do say to clients to have them a little darker then they initially say as they fade pretty quickly and will last a little longer if done this way.

Hi you can tint more than once in one session, just as long as you dont leave the tint on for more than 15 mins (lashes), so as long as you remove correctly you can apply again.

Last edited:
I use the 'slowly does it' approach!

Tint on then pretty much straight off, and show the client.

If they want it darker i do it again

I too have noticed that sometimes the tint does continue to develop after removal. Anyone any advice on this at all? I remove with a damp cotton pad until the pad wipes clean. I also just do it in a few stages, probably wiping and applying 2 or 3 times in total.

I think this rule applies to lashes and not brows because the lash tint needs a minimum of 7 minutes to take, whereas brows are only a minimum of 30 seconds (according to my college notes).

Therefore brows can be retinted in one session.

Personally I prefer 'slowly does it' approach. Then check if the client likes the colour then reapply if they want to go a bit darker. Does not take long to do as brows are quick.

Thats why I use grey. You can leave it on alot longer - and it goes the perfect shade.

Brown continues to get darker after removal - even if wiped over with alcohol.

I am blonde - brown brows too dark - my hubby hates it (he said I look like I smell:eek:)

grey works perfectly - suits my skintone.

Just my humble opinion.

xxx

Hello there

Tinting eyebrows is such an easy treatment.

firstly do your consultation with your client to find out how dark she wants her brows to be, putting into consideration of hair colour skin tone etc.

I apply the tint with a disposable mascara wand starting from the outside then to the inner part of the brow coz that tints quicker.

I only leave the tint of for 2 minuites. after one miniute i check the outside of the brow to see how its developing.

If after the 2 mins after checking with the client, the client wants it darker i just re apply until we get the right result,,, same with the eyelashes ( especially if the client has never had the treatments before )

Just keep a check on your timeing and you will be fine

( Its always best to do it gradual than put too much on coz you car,nt strip it off lol. as you have found out )

Latest posts

Back