To Glove or not to Glove???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you don gloves when waxing?

• I Never EVER wear gloves, who needs them?

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • I wear gloves only for intimate waxing.

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • I ALWAYS wear gloves, I'm not touching anyone with out them!!

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • Gloves are up to my professional judgement, I will wear them if I feel I need to.

Votes: 25 46.3%

• Total voters
the only time I dont wear gloves is for massage. Everything else - the gloves go on.

I think its this obsession with health and safety whereby everyone thinks that they are going to catch something directly they have any physical contact with anyone in any way.
Puts a bit of a dappener on a Saturday night doesnt it.
I reckon if we follow the safe sex rules we might have a better understanding of it all.
Skin contact really is not that dangerous to our health.!!!

I totally agree with you 100%

I wear gloves for intimate waxing or anyone who I feel is a potential bleeder! :green:

But why are anyones hands sweating over you.Would you be worried if you had a massage or facial ,the skin on skin contact is a lot more prolonged.Apart from stretchingthe skin out which they can help a lot with you barely touch them.If you are not performing a very intimate treatment whats the difference.

Maybe I just sweat a lot then when Im waxing !! :lol: It must be me as I do get really hot when Im doing body waxing.

Facials & Massage is different as you have a oil,cream, etc as a barrier and no I don't sweat when im doing these lol !

I definately work up more of a sweat doing massage then any other treatment.

Now on the gloves question, I always wear gloves for intimate waxing. I occassionally wear gloves for other waxing (sometimes I have a messy day) & if the client wanted me to, of course I would wear them.

I personally don't generally wear gloves when I'm waxing, but some time ago I had a client who had gone elsewhere where they did wear gloves.

Apparently the therapist hadn't applied any oil to her gloved hands so of course as she was trying to do the treatment, her gloves were sticking to the client and pulling the skin and all sorts.

Needless to say, the client found it to be an awful experience and would prefer a therapist NOT to wear gloves.

I always wear gloves, this is how I was taught and I feel more comfortable

Although I did a eyebrow wax last week and I forgot my gloves, I did feel weird and it was probably the fastest eyebrow wax I have ever done!

I think it really down to personal choice

Maybe I just sweat a lot then when Im waxing !! :lol: It must be me as I do get really hot when Im doing body waxing.

Facials & Massage is different as you have a oil,cream, etc as a barrier and no I don't sweat when im doing these lol !

It's the gloves that are making your hands sweat! :hug:

I'll be honest i don't wear gloves for waxing, i don't do intimate waxing though at the moment and i think i would for that. I was taught to wear gloves for bikini and underarm but i don't i keep everything hygienic and clean but cannot get on with gloves of any sort, i don't use them for facials either, sorry:rolleyes:

I trained almost 25 years ago and wearing gloves were not even a consideration. In recent times someone mentioned to me how awful and unsanitary it must have been!! Quite the contary, we always washed our hands and took care if blood spotting occurred and as someone mentioned earlier no one has ever died from a beauty treatment because a therapist did not wear gloves. Our hair and clothes were immaculate and jewellery was a no-no. My teachers were very strict indeed. The 1980's also became aware of AIDS and the completion of the European single market has made health and safety a very big issue.

As we have got wiser (or more paranoid) I agree that health and safety guidelines are there to protect clients and ourselves and now wear gloves for waxing. I think gloves should be worn for all intimate waxing - no exception. However I feel there is more risk to clients from being burned, bruised and open to infections from poor training and poor standards of cleanliness in salons etc than from an ungloved but hygenic therapist.:)

Latest posts

Back