Today I did possibly the stupidist thing ever!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
Much to my extreem embaressment today I did possibly the dumbest thing ever.......I pored what I thought was my acrylic liquid into my dappen dish and started my next client......whats so stupid about that you think.....well when you try and use NSI cleanse instread of attraction liquid with your powder, trust me its not so smart!!!!
I did one nail and thought...mmmmm thats odd its like rubber!!!!lol

Anyone else done something silly lik this.....

LMFAO
that's PRICELESS!

well, I haven't done anything that funny yet.
But a client did.

She LOVES the smell of monomer. Walked in for her appointment, saw a dappen on my desk, said "ohhhhh" grabbed it and took a BIG sniff :suprised:

It was acetone and not monomer (that I used to clean a smile line).

Her reaction was HILIAROUS... screwed up her face like a pretzel, coughing and snorting and saying whilst choking "that's not monomer!!"

Ummm like that's MY fault you sniffed it?

She's a regular and we both laughed like fools afterwards.
But she won't do that again.

Did something similar last week..got my brush clogged with acrylic :twisted: so poured some brush cleaner into the lid and sat with int emerged in it and i waited...and waited...and waited,still not budging at all so am thinking sh*t goin to have to buy a new brush,then i realise it was cleanse i was using too!...phew no new brush needed lol

xx

Back in the dark ages when all monomers were clear .. I used acetone instead of monomer!! :o Only one nail mind. I soon realised what I had done and did feel a bit silly but we both laughed about it andit came off quick enough!! :D

I think the daftest thing I have done so far, was once placing my adhesive onto the nail, quite a large amount to accomadate the gems I wanted to place, why oh why I did this next bit I do not know, but I stupidly used my brush to pick up the gem and placed it onto the adhesive, which by the way semmed to LOVE my brush hairs, the brush quickly slurped up the adhesive. . Knackered brush, most miffed off Emmsy ever lol, it all took miliseconds to happen but felt like slow motion, I was like. . No o o o o o o o :eek: and it was back in the days before I knew to always have spare brush lol

I managed to stick an extension tip to my hand TWICE ! Luckily it was a regular client and she found it hilarious, where I did too but with an element of oh my god what a nob. I had to soak the second one off it was stuck so bad :o :D

ive stuck myself to a client so well i thought i would have to go home with her! lmao at these.

I did something stupid too!!! Without thinking grabbed a bottle of what I thought was acetone to soak off a set of nails, poured it into my machine and waited and waited and yes waited a bit more. Kept checking for the acrylic to melt. But nothing was happening, not one bit of acrylic was melting!! Well 45mins later realised I'd grabbed the stuff to take off the residue for gels and not acetone. Totally different colour as well!!! It was my best friend whos nails I was doing. We laughed till we cried. talk about getting side tracked!!!!

Back in the dark ages when all monomers were clear .. I used acetone instead of monomer!! :o Only one nail mind. I soon realised what I had done and did feel a bit silly but we both laughed about it andit came off quick enough!! :D
I remember you telling me this when I was over, still made me chuckle, and as I was reading this thread I wondered if you were going to mention that. LOL.
Im still amazed that you made a nail from acetone though.
:hug:
Jen xxx

Not done anything like that but have spilled nearly a whole huge bottle solar oil all over my ironing board! and quite regularly tip things over my self. I'm so clumsy lids on sarah! lol Also fell backwards off my stool in a clients house we both about pee'd our selfs laughing lol xx

Hey I have been realy over worked recently and it was the end of the day, I was so over tired that I started trying to screw lids of monener on to my dappen dishes and putting the wrong size lids on the powders etc, this is one of the things that made me realise I needed a break lol, so imbarrising as the clients werent people ive known for ages I was at their house I hate to think what they said when I was gone. The must of thaught I was a right wierdo ha ha ha, :oxxxx

Your posts crack me up!
I never used to be clumsy but recently its caught up with me.
I managed to step right back into a full footbath, my foot was so far in it drenched my trouser leg and i even had to empty the puddle out of my shoes, all in front of a client, I'v never been so embarassed!
Then training in nail art the other day I managed to drop a whole pot of glitter all over the floor, not so bad you think, but it was the trainers glitter and all over the carpet in the hilton!!!

Haha I love these posts!
I recently poured my Cuticle Away into an empty polish bottle, but it was completely identical to my top coat bottle.

To prevent myself from getting the two mixed up, I put rhinestones on the top of the bottle.... and I STILL messed up.

It took me a while to realize WHY my client's nails were so wet!

Yesterday i was fixing a cup of coffee for a client... i poured the cream in the trash can and dropped the empty cream cup into the coffee... maybe i should've been drinking the coffee instead of her!

I have glued myself to nails a number of times whilst doing fibreglass nails at college. But one time, I magaged to got some resin on my finger and didn't realise till I sprayed the activator. It burned like hell! And I had a paper cut (ouch!) I got such a shock that I pulled my hand back quickly and flicked some resin into my eye. Luckily I must have closed my eye quickly as it didn't sting, but I soon realised I couldn't open it. I had glued my eyelashes together!!! Everyone found it hilarious and by the time I got to the nurse's office I had a huge mascara trail down my face from trying to open my eye and laughing so much!!! And it was so convenient that a group of mechanic students happened to be passing, so my friends couldn't resist telling them too. I got mega embarrassed!! Yeah they said, typical blonde beauty student!! Grrrrrr!!!

Luckily, I was doing the treatment on a classmate and not a client, but I had a HUGE bald patch on my eyelashes for ages :D

I love Pinkblonde story, im so sorry but i was wetting myself with laughter reading it, can't have been much fun for you at the time!!

I havnt done it infront of clients but i got my bf to spray tan me and about 2hrs later i decided to pick up my sons car seat and move it.... which i forgot i had washed completely earliar in the day and a whole load of water had got trapped in the plastic casing and drench 1 leg. So i had one very brown leg and one very streaky leg. i tried to patch repair but it looked hideous. i was in long trousers for a good week or so lol

Latest posts

Back