Top Secret Shin Diggin investment

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much would you invest for a serious education shindig?

• £100

Votes: 27 42.9%
  • £200

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • £300

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • £400

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • one meeelion dollars

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters
I have the go ahead to go! Just need to decide if I should. Would be great to meet some of the people whgo will be there though!

I am definately going. If anyone from my area wants to go together, we will have to arrange something.

Do we need to take anything apart from ourselves ... products etc??

I am definately going. If anyone from my area wants to go together, we will have to arrange something.

Do we need to take anything apart from ourselves ... products etc??

According to the S2 site its just yourself and enhancement free nails if I recall correctly :hug:

I honestly think all those people who are doubting about this event DONT I mean just the people attending to teach are worth more than that and then there is everything else and 2 days worth of it.......... Bargain
If I wasnt going to be out of action I would have begged, stole and borrowed to have gone.

omg:eek: not snooping but just had a peep at your website and pricing...HUN your selling yourself WAY too cheap:hug:

Amb xxxx

Don't know if Nicky's in the same boat as me, but those prices are pretty similar to the ones charged around my area. Unfortunately if it's the going rate, until people feel they can't live without YOUR nails, you have to keep near the competitions prices:rolleyes:

Regarding the cost, I think if you factor in all that's involved, it sounds like a bargain. However, I'm like those who have said, "by the time I've saved up, the tickets will have sold", as my income will drop sharply in September when my tax credits, child benefit, etc. for my son stop, and my income will not cover my bills.

It's a pain, because something like this is more than likely to help me earn more, but I can't afford to go in the first place. Catch 22 and all that:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I will allow no more talk of The Event cos I can't make the date.......:irked: I can get the money, I would have the ok from the family, BUT we have a weekend away already booked and paid for.

So that's that - I want to hear no more of it......... (only because I am so jealous I might just burst!:))

Im not working at all and even if i was, it would take WAY more than 5 sets to cover £200, thats £40 a set, does everyone really charge that much?? I'm quite shocked tbh

For someone who is aspiring to be a nail technician (me) and is begging, borrowing and stealing to pay for training, products, advertising... need I go on, it's just not a priority even though I would truly love to go to an event such as this.

If The Event is about inspiring people then how about inspiring those who have yet to be inspired and to earn owt :) I haven't actually got any clients yet never mind charge £40 per set. More like £10 a set just to get someone to practice on before my exam!!

Maybe next time... something to look forward to :)

it's my bday week end so I cannot come :| I am soooooooooooooooo pissed!

hope you'll all have the best of time :(:(

Just scanned the shin dig threads quickly so sorry if I missed it, but do we have a date yet? Because my students are booking months ahead, I want to make sure that I keep that weekend clear. xxx

Just scanned the shin dig threads quickly so sorry if I missed it, but do we have a date yet? Because my students are booking months ahead, I want to make sure that I keep that weekend clear. xxx

here you go!

When: October 25th and 26th

I voted 300 (I think, forgot while reading the thread)

But this is not just 5 sets for me, I would need a planeticket, overnight stay, the ride...

And by the way I'm employed so I just cannot say its only 5 full sets as I don't earn the full amount, and pay taxes (about 30-40% here in Denmark) and still pay my rent and for my childrens food (I would think about stop eating myself, then I might have a chance to fit some of my nice clothes also:))
That way even 200 + travel would be 2/3 of my monthly income....

So probably wouldn't be able to attend:cry::cry::cry::cry:
But would love to!!!!

Just spoke to S2 and there only 100 tickets available. Not much information have been given to them yet & didnt expect anyone to be ringing about it yet as they only got told themselves yesterday :lol:

Poor lady wasnt expecting my 1001 questions, but I bought a ticket & now off to find a hotel.

Is it right that SS have only 100 tickets fro grabs...?? if so that puts the kettle on all those who were advised "there is plenty of time to save for it"...

There is no way i can magic a spare £200 from nowhere....I could definitely save for it though. Would be great if you could secure a place with a non refundable deposit.....say £50

Hey Angie,

To be honest, we were not prepared for the cat to be let out of the bag so soon and yes, the spaces are very limited because we wanted to ensure that attendees were not 'just another number' and that there was a great ratio of students to ambassadors. We also wanted to hold it at a location that would be easy to get to, have personality, a wide array of options for partners (if they want to come) and for attendees (like post event ski sessions or shopping).

We managed to do all of the above, but, I am sure there will be some that will not be able to make it.

FWIW, we are also going to open up the awards and party night (Saturday) up for a nominal fee (£25). So if you can't make the entire event, you should be able to make the awards. Go on up in the afternoon, ski or shop and swish on in to party all night long :)

Sadly it's too far away for me. :cry::cry:

And I too am worried all the tickets will be gone by the time I have saved the dosh

Yep, that's my problem too. Hey ho. Maybe if I save now they'll do another one next year. *says on bended knee in big begging mode*

Hey Angie,

To be honest, we were not prepared for the cat to be let out of the bag so soon and yes, the spaces are very limited because we wanted to ensure that attendees were not 'just another number' and that there was a great ratio of students to ambassadors. :)

It probably wasn't a good idea to advertise it on the Beauty Guild News site then :lol:

Hey Angie,

To be honest, we were not prepared for the cat to be let out of the bag so soon and yes, the spaces are very limited because we wanted to ensure that attendees were not 'just another number' and that there was a great ratio of students to ambassadors. We also wanted to hold it at a location that would be easy to get to, have personality, a wide array of options for partners (if they want to come) and for attendees (like post event ski sessions or shopping).

We managed to do all of the above, but, I am sure there will be some that will not be able to make it.

FWIW, we are also going to open up the awards and party night (Saturday) up for a nominal fee (£25). So if you can't make the entire event, you should be able to make the awards. Go on up in the afternoon, ski or shop and swish on in to party all night long :)

Does that mean partners can come to the evening party and if so is it £25 for their ticket? Stuart is quite up for that.

Does that mean partners can come to the evening party and if so is it £25 for their ticket? Stuart is quite up for that.

Do we have to purchase an additional ticket for the evening aswell as the day??

I have a double bed free in The Premier Inn (Formally Tulip Inn) as I booked a family room. Its £63 for both nights, if anyone needs a bed.

Last edited:
Do we have to purchase an additional ticket for the evening aswell as the day??

I assumed if your going for the daytime event then the eveing is included.

Latest posts

Back