Trendy Nails wraps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The minx kit (including the heat lamp & 6 minx designs) doesnt even cost that price.
i do minx nails and was told i needed to buy a minx heat lamp which cost £130+ vat i could not afford this so i bought a heat bulb for £10 and a normal desk lamp for £12 and it works perfectly u could do this i did not fancy using a hairdryer myself "so it would work also for trendys" xxx

oh yes forgot to mention my lamp stand is metal am a tutor in a college and we use infra red lamps for heat during massage and myself have used them in my previous salons the infa red lamps used for keeping reptiles warm are designed to be running continuously obviously plastic would melt if it was exposed to strong infa red heat as the blixz is sold purely recomending you use a heat source to make the product more maliable and aid a strong adhesion to the natural nail plate they did not advise me to do this im purely trying to let fellow geeks know how i saved a bit a money i presume cmmon sense would be applied by anyone using or purchasing electrical products in my opinion all theese teflon plastic nail foils or wraps work well when applied with heat i have seen companys at shows using infa red ,hair dryers and halogen lights as there heat sources to demonstrate there products if anyone can enlighten me as to what the expensive branded infa red lamps have different to phillips infa reds i would like to know as it seems to work perfectly for me many thanks

ANY
infra red lamp will provide the source of heat for Minx ... a hair-drier can provide the source of heat for Minx .. if you live in Spain, the SUN can provide the heat source for Minx ................ Lord above I even used the top of the AGA in my kitchen when I first tried Minx!! There is no issue over lamps.

As the legal licensed supplier of Minx for the UK, Sweet Squared offer a package that includes a professional quality very good lamp (as would be expected from any good distributor) or you can buy the Minx veneers from open stock and source your own lamp. No one has ever said you need only one type of lamp for Minx. The lamp S2 sells is there for convenience; it is a bloody good one but no one is twisting anyones arm to buy it. :rolleyes:

OMG what a fab idea! Esspecially for someone like me just starting out....nice to save a bit of cash lol x x Thanks for the tip.... XXX

i got a desk lamp from argos flexi stand £5. and a bulb from the pet shop.. works great but ive been told the heat from a normal bulb also works ..:eek: yes saved me £60... more money to spend on minx and blix me personaly dont like trendy .. they are to thick .. ok on kids toes tho as mopre durable x elisa

I use trendy nail wraps and they are fantastic. I love them and so do my clients! Thay are very easy to apply however i do only apply to toes. Would definitly reccomend

I use trendy nail wraps and they are fantastic. I love them and so do my clients! Thay are very easy to apply however i do only apply to toes. Would definitly reccomend

Have you ever used Minx for any lemgth of time??? :lol:

Speaking with my nail tech hat on ......

Come on there is NO comparison. I got some Tredy wraps the other day to try them out!!! THICK is not the word ... designs ?? I guess it is a matter of different taste ... lol there is no comparison in quality at all. I would never be able to get my clients to use them. Minx all the way, they do not want to know anything else ...

You need to be careful if you buy an ordinary desk lamp and insert and infrared bulb, even if the lamp is made of metal.

Most of the lamps at places like Ikea and Argos are sold for use with bulbs that are 40-60 watt maximum. Most of the infrared bulbs I see are 100-250 watt.

If the worst happened i.e. a fire, be sure that your insurance fire investigator will find this and you may void your insurance because of an obvious unsafe practice. Also if you are using one of these home made lamps in a salon, would they pass your yearly PAT Test?

We had a house fire a few years ago and believe me, the insurance investigators sift through everything until they are 100% sure of what caused the fire.

There are plenty of cheap (under £25) built for purpose infrared lamps on Ebay, Amazon, Boots etc. Better to be safe than sorry for a few quid saved.

I did the training on Monday this week for Blixz. What a fantastic product!

My clients can't get enough of it at the moment.

Without doubt the product works better with heat, but a very cheap Ikea clamp lamp with 25w spot bulb works fine.

I was impatient and wanted to try to product out on myself, so I ordered some before I did the training and put it on my toes. I have had it on three weeks now and it looks as good as the day I applied it. I am amazed, how does this stuff not scratch, scuff, peel etc. through everday wear, bathing etc.? Amazing, love it.

I have used both and was trained in both by Salma in Dewsbury and I agree with someone earlier - using a hairdryer is unprofessional and also gives the client the impression that these would be easy to do themselves so why pay you to do them. I was trained that minx are glass filed at the free edge but the trendys are cut as these are too thick to be filed and will just tear - I did a set of trendys weeks ago and they still look like new on my daughter. The patterened ones do disguise any imperfections in the nail and the plain gold and silver do highlight them but do look stunning! I have never bought the plain coloured ones as I don't see the point may as well just do a shellac or a gel, the point of minx and trendy is to be different and just remember you won't get more than 1 set out of a design with a single motif on - bloomig eck I ave gone on a bit!

i have blixz on my toes applied with no heat as a trial as i uaually always use het so jus t want to see how it lasts will keep you informed

just wondering if anybody has tryed these? just found them on a site but cant find any training??? x

look further down there was whole thread on this yesterday which should give you loads of tips and help from everybody.:idea:

there is a step by step on their website I think!

I've just received the NSI magazine and it tells you there to use a hairdryer, one of their special ones obviously!!

Hi guys,

I have always used Minx Silver Lightening but wanted to ask if anyone knew how Trendy Nails (available from NSI) Silver ones compare to Silver Lightening by Minx?

Thanks x

I tried the Trendy nail wraps just out of interest as I offer Minx and just for me personally I felt there was no comparison. They are a lot thicker, don't apply as well and not as bright. I am only offering Minx. x

There really is no comparison! Minx IMO is a far superior product compared to trendy, although trendy do have some funkier designs.
The effect from the metallic minx (gold and silver) is amazing

Hi Everyone,

I have a problem :rolleyes:! I have ordered and used the new Trendy Nail Wrap from NSI. I ordered the professional cut which is ment for the tips. The main reason for me wanting to use this is that it claims that unlike Minx it can be used under gel and acrylic.

My client has messaged me this morning to say that the gel has come off the tips and it is peeling away now from the corners!

I am Minx trainned and never had a problem applying and with these new nail wraps its pretty much the same application instructions apart from you then cover with gel and follow your normal gel steps.

So I'm wondering if I have missed something? And has anyone else used the pro cut nail wraps and had the same problem?

Your help is much needed :Grope:

Thank you

Michelle x

i find L&P does a better job to be honest. also , it doesnt help if the client is picking at them!!! (not that i am suggesting she has been).

try the with L&P hon. they seem to work better for me.

xxx

I haven't used those, but if they are shiny on the surface, then the gel cannot adhere, could this be the problem?

You need to dull the surface of the wraps if using gel and make sure you cap the free edge and sides to prevent clients from getting in! I prefer acrylic over the top. You can see a photo of ones that I have done in my album if you have a look. These lasted 6 weeks with a couple of normal infills until the client wanted a change! :green:

Latest posts

Back